Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

Free? Maybe for you it cost me thousands of dollars to get to this level so no it was not free it's a BENEFIT you get for getting to this level like any other benefit you get for reaching a certain level (free upgrades in hotels, airlines etc). It's not like carnival said " oh here you go honey here is a gift for you". Only platinum and diamond get this benefit not everyone, why do you think that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously this type of comment irritates me.

Your thousands of dollars spent gave you cruises and that's it. Anything extra is not required and is a gift not a benefit. They could stop this program at any time just because they want to.

I do not cruise with Carnival for the gifts and while this would not rank as one of the better gifts Carnival has given, I would still enjoy it for the fun of it. Is not Carnival about having fun, or is it about the gifts one gets?

And this is the attitude everyone should have.

Every time new gifts roll out I can't help shake my head at the number of adults that complain on these boards. Simple appreciation for being given something for free that is not required is lacking. I personally think they should do away with the loyalty programs. People are too ungreatful for what is given and act like the cruise lines owe them something. It's quite sad. But we live in a world where everyone thinks they are owed stuff so it's not terribly surprising.

If your a smart enough cookie you can do it after 7 nights. Hilton Honors, you can use their reward program combined with their credit card and get bonus points using business that will give you bonus points when you use their credit card. I have done it a few times so I don't appreciate the questioning of what I wrote. I will be staying at Cocoa Beach at a Hilton next year at no cost to me other then taxes and any incidentals. 8 stays and combined with using the credit card and it is qualified at 30,000 points.

You can say it is gravy and I respect that as your opinion. I just think they can do better then a visor for you to wear and advertise their product.

But points aren't free. The cost is passed through to the consumer, creating higher prices for everyone.

:cool: Years ago when I was farming I used to buy corn seed from the same person for 20+ years, spent $25,000 plus each year, for my loyalty I always got a really nice green cap!!:rolleyes: Whatever Carnival gives me for being platinum I take and thank them for giving me the chance to cruise so many times for a lot less than buying corn seed!!:p

I agree that we should not complain about a free gift, but these are so ugly that I do not think that I will even take it home from our cruise next month.

It makes me wonder if Carnival ever asks anyone's opinion on the gifts.

But points aren't free. The cost is passed through to the consumer, creating higher prices for everyone.

That visor is not free either. They want you to advertise their product without them having to spend a large amount of money. Any company will attempt to do that and they all have different degrees of success with it. I used hotels as an example because it is where I get a decent "bang for my bucks" deal. And the cost of that hotel room is driven more by supply and demand, not them rewarding me with a room. And I do tell people about staying there so it is word of mouth advertising for that hotel chain. Since Carnival provides a "Carnival logo gift" to the Diamond/Platinum cruisers then the good business sense would be that it is a nice looking gift that they will use in public such as a tote, shirt, tumbler, beach towel, etc. This visor looks like a left over from the 70's and I am not the first or will be the last to say this. It is UGLY.

That visor is not free either. They want you to advertise their product without them having to spend a large amount of money.

It's called marketing. It's why they give logo items in the first place. For that matter, loyalty programs, all of them, are nothing more than marketing programs. They are designed to increase revenue. They are not rewards programs and are not earned.

So we are whiners and ingrates? I was joking around about what to do with the visor. I do think it is ugly and that is my opinion but i can laugh about it. Do they owe Platinum and Diamond guest something? Yes they do! I have stayed at a number of hotels and have loyalty cards with the two brands I choose to spend my money with. What do I get for that loyalty? Generally a free nights stay after 7 to 10 nights. And generally an evening get together with drinks and snacks. What does Carnival give that compares to that? A Tervis tumbler, packing cubes, a sun visor? I know, they can get in their room early and go to guest services priority line and a get a free drink and a few other services that cost Carnival little to nothing to provide. People are spending thousands of dollars and staying very loyal to a brand and they toss them a sun visor? Flat out, it is UGLY and I am not seeing a comment from anyone that likes them. Will Carnival do anything about it? No. Do I dislike Carnival? No. They offer a good value for the services you get but I don't think they really go the extra mile to please those that are most loyal to them. BTW, I am not Platinum or Diamond and probably won't be for a long time since I don't live close to a port. But the cruises I have done are with Carnival and I have 2 coming up over the next several months. Both with Carnival.

No. Carnival does not OWE us anything. Carnival owes me the vacation that I am paying for on each and every trip. If they should decide to give me a plate of chocolates, a bottle of water, some free laundry, a few free drinks, and a few other perks then I will be grateful. But when I pay for my vacation, I'm only owed that vacation.

Hilton doesn't OWE you anything, either, except a decent room and experience for each stay you decide to pay for. If they should decide to give me points, which can be used for free stays or free cruises or other perks then I will be grateful. But when I pay for my hotel room, I'm only owed that stay.

The Hilton Honors Plan has been tweaked several times over the past 13 years or so - and I imagine in a couple of years it won't look like it does now. The loyalty program with Carnival has also changed over the last few years. Things are always changing.

And we are Platinum with Carnival and extremely close to Lifetime Diamond with Hilton.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

We think the visors are incredibly ugly When we boarded the Triumph last week I asked our room steward what the gift was. He said that Platinum were getting the Tervis tumblers and the Diamonds were getting the visors. I asked if there were any packing cubes left because we didn't want the visors. We got two packing cubes and we are happy. Wonder what we'll get in December?

Take the gift offered. What you choose to do with it, is your business. At least Carnival is still giving its most frequent cruisers something. Keep complaining and you will end up getting nothing.

You must at least be somewhat satisfied with the product that Carnival is offering to have reached a certain level. I am sure that the marketing experts who came up with this new item did research and determined that this item would be the current gift. Of course, marketers are not always correct in reading public reaction.

Just be happy you are getting something. Someone ashore will be glad to get a gift with the Carnival logo on it. Keep it long enough and it will attain some value.

MARAPRINCE

No. Carnival does not OWE us anything. Carnival owes me the vacation that I am paying for on each and every trip. If they should decide to give me a plate of chocolates, a bottle of water, some free laundry, a few free drinks, and a few other perks then I will be grateful. But when I pay for my vacation, I'm only owed that vacation.

Carnival gives us the gift as an inducement to convince us to keep coming back. They feel the return on the gift makes it worth doing.

Everyone......Just take the gift, smile wear it or not, Your Choice.

In the next couple of months there will be a NEW GIFT......

LOL life goes on. :D:D:D

Exactly. I have read of some wearing them on elegant nights - nothing in the dress code against it. :D

WC Fields is laughing at all these 1st World problems.

We think the visors are incredibly ugly When we boarded the Triumph last week I asked our room steward what the gift was. He said that Platinum were getting the Tervis tumblers and the Diamonds were getting the visors. I asked if there were any packing cubes left because we didn't want the visors. We got two packing cubes and we are happy. Wonder what we'll get in December?

Well, that is a slap in the face to the Diamonds - to get the worst gift ever while Platinums get the better gift.

Carnival gives us the gift as an inducement to convince us to keep coming back. They feel the return on the gift makes it worth doing.

Carnival gets me back because they offer a great vacation at a great value that works for me. I don't even consider the "trinket" I will get. If I wasn't on Cruise Critic' date=' I would have NO IDEA what the next gift is, and we all know that it's an extremely small percentage of cruisers who are here.

I may have said it before on this thread, but I can say that the trinket is far down the list of perks that I want - I [b']love[/b] the priority embarkation and the free laundry. I like the priority tendering and the past guest party. I'm neutral on the free bottle of water, the chocolate covered strawberry plate or the gift. I really don't care about priority disembarkation or the pin. Perhaps some people here care much more about the trinket than some of the other things I prioritize higher.

The only gift that I have LOVED is the Tervis tumbler. I liked the cooler, the toiletry bag and the duffle bag. I have the ball cap but it's used very sparingly. Our two chess sets were donated to Goodwill. I have 3 of the small leather journals that came with a pen gathering dust somewhere.

I would have to agree . . . I love the tumblers (and I'm "merely" Platinum):rolleyes:

Probably because the Diamond guests have had more opportunities with the tumblers than the platinum guests who some may have only just became platinum on that cruise.

Well, that is a slap in the face to the Diamonds - to get the worst gift ever while Platinums get the better gift.

Not even close. I had an Aunt who gave the cheapest, worst gifts ever and I still wrote her a thank you note for each one.

I hope I get one of the visors on my next cruise, but if they have run out, oh well. I will still accept and be grateful for whatever Carnival gives, even if it is nothing. Being able to cruise is reward enough.

Not even close. I had an Aunt who gave the cheapest, worst gifts ever and I still wrote her a thank you note for each one.

I hope I get one of the visors on my next cruise, but if they have run out, oh well. I will still accept and be grateful for whatever Carnival gives, even if it is nothing. Being able to cruise is reward enough.

If we get two in Nov you want em??