Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

I thought those visors were a joke when I saw someone post them on a FB page I belong to...surely no one would wear those, right?! Those Nike ball caps they were giving out were much better than these Croc visors. I sailed on the Magic a few weeks ago and luckily got a Tervis tumbler that is much appreciated. Sailing on Vista in Dec and hope they have a new gift by then. If not, i will give the visor to my son and he can wear it or use it to dress his stuffed animals up in!

That's cute, your son using the cap to dress up his stuffed animals!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

I just opened my monthly newsletter from Carnival and there was a picture of those visors stating they are our gift. Glad they are waterproof because we are cruising to the Bahamas this weekend. Lol!

I also got my newsletter with that pic. I always thought the gifts have been nice... a little something extra to say thanks for your loyalty.. I still think that. But think this choice of a gift is... well... yuck.. personally, I wouldn't even give that to anyone. who can wear rubber on their head in the heat of the carribean... I would be sweating like who know what... I will respectfully return them to guest services and ask them to save them for someone who likes them... they may end up with a whole lot of these.. hope they have some big boxes up there to gather them up in..:)

So are we to assume that those who do not wear croc shoes or croc visors will be running around topless and bottomless? Love the people that complain about stuff they get for free. There is a solution - buy what you want and stop complaining about what you got free. Just don't take the free stuff given to you. Problem solved.

So are we to assume that those who do not wear croc shoes or croc visors will be running around topless and bottomless? Love the people that complain about stuff they get for free. There is a solution - buy what you want and stop complaining about what you got free. Just don't take the free stuff given to you. Problem solved.

That is quite the leap on assumptions!

And quite frankly complaining about a cheapo 'gift' given by a multi-million dollar corporation to it's most loyal customers is fine by me. I have enjoyed their gifts in the past. These are beyond cheap, ugly, and ill-advised. There are very few that have use for a rubber visor in the sun.

And most people have stated they are not going to keep it but will be giving it back.

I intend to be very polite when I turn it in to GS with a nice 'Thanks, but no thank you.

As for buying what I want? I do. I buy cruises. :p

And quite frankly complaining about a cheapo 'gift' given by a multi-million dollar corporation to it's most loyal customers is fine by me. I have enjoyed their gifts in the past. These are beyond cheap, ugly, and ill-advised. There are very few that have use for a rubber visor in the sun.

And most people have stated they are not going to keep it but will be giving it back.

I intend to be very polite when I turn it in to GS with a nice 'Thanks, but no thank you.

Well said

Agree. The trip to GS sounds like a good idea.

Could be they did pick such an awful gift on purpose.

After most people say they dont like them they can say it is hard to pick out stuff for a large group and decide to discontinue the platinum/diamond gift.

Not like they havent done things like this in the past.

Manipulation 101.

After most people say they dont like them they can say it is hard to pick out stuff for a large group and decide to discontinue the platinum/diamond gift.

Manipulation 101.

Then let me be the first to thank all of the complainers in advance. :rolleyes:

Manipulation 101.

Sis thinks she's figured out the rotation...clothes (hats), travel (cubes, bags), home (glasses, game board).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Manipulation 101.

Not hard to please a large group at all! A lot of ideas come to mind. Give people a choice.

Give some OBC.

A set percentage discount off a cruise. Could be limited to once a year.

One night in the steakhouse (or any specialty restaurant)

Half off Chef's Table.

Discount in the spa.

I am sure others could come up with ideas. Have the guest select their option prior to their cruise.

Eliminate the problems of rubber visors, the logistics of distribution, storing, and the idea that 'one size fits all'.

Smiles all around! :D

Not hard to please a large group at all! A lot of ideas come to mind. Give people a choice.

Give some OBC.

Half off Chef's Table.

Discount in the spa.

I am sure others could come up with ideas. Have the guest select their option prior to their cruise.

Eliminate the problems of rubber visors, the logistics of distribution, storing, and the idea that 'one size fits all'.

I like your idea, but it will never happen:o:o:o

Give some OBC.

Half off Chef's Table.

Discount in the spa.

You do realize that the current gifts probably cost Carnival around $4 to $5 (and less on some items). Your list has a much higher price tag. And I can assure you, with the exception of the OBC or the percentage discount off a cruise, there would be people complaining about each of the other ones you listed. And they just can't do that for the price per person.

You do realize that the current gifts probably cost Carnival around $4 to $5 (and less on some items). Your list has a much higher price tag. And I can assure you, with the exception of the OBC or the percentage discount off a cruise, there would be people complaining about each of the other ones you listed. And they just can't do that for the price per person.

Yep. Pretty sure I realize profit margins.

And the profit in some of these may be lost but additional revenues may be generated with add-ons in the spa, steak house, and others.

There is no revenue generated by the gifting of these $4-$5 hats. That is a straight cost item to them. Not to mention the man hours involved in storage, distribution, and collection of those left behind. And this applies to every gift they give out.

People are going to complain no matter what. It is about choices. They don't like some on the list...don't select them. But guarantee they will find something they want.

OBC would probably be the most opted for item. Everyone likes 'free' money.

Then let me be the first to thank all of the complainers in advance. :rolleyes:

We have been platinum long enough to go thru about a dozen different gifts. Never seen one that has been panned so thoroughly.

You think this was not done on purpose? We are being set up.

You can use them to reserve a lounger by the pool.....:( Oops, I just read through and saw someone else with my first thought. Maybe Frisbees then.

A News Alert!!

Lots of Croc Visors seen floating in the ocean........hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Edited by gwsster

OBC would probably be the most opted for item. Everyone likes 'free' money.

I would bet whatever money they would give me in this proposed solution that there would be many complaints about "how cheap Carnival is with the small amount of OBC they are giving us".

I remember when " It is not the gift, but the thought that counts" was the acceptable way to look at gifts. Unfortunately, it has now become "It is the gift that counts because I deserve it".

As for visors "seen floating in the ocean", I hope the tossers enjoy the fine they will be charged when they show up on the cameras while doing the tossing.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Got email yesterday, said sun visors would be in the cabin. Another give away, 75 YOlds don"t get in the sun.

I find this statement funny. Honestly, the only age group I've seen wearing visors are the older aged groups of people.