Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

I live in a city with over 50 golf courses and have been banned from all of them because my IQ is over 50. I would be happy to take these new "gifts" from Carnival if they should actually appear, and DONATE them to the local Country Clubs to distribute to player lowest score of the day as a SPECIAL award. Some A..holes will be proud to wear it.

My friends who I gave the picture frames and chess set will now get a new gift.

I guess they are still my friends, seem we don't talk as much anymore :confused::confused:

Stinks when you give a friend a gift and they think it is a piece of crap and dont talk to you anymore.:eek::eek:

I just told my DH that our son- in-law would get ours as a stocking stuffer as we're cruising in December. PLEASE LET THEM BE GONE!!! And yes we ❤️ our son-in-law, but we do like to get one over on him whenever we can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would like to know if the inside of the visor is lined. At least the forehead portion. Having plastic/rubber next to the forehead would be a breeding ground for bacteria and skin irritation.

Perspiration and plastic don't mix and you will sweat with plastic next to your forehead.

Take care,

Mike

Once Carnival realizes that the Platinum gift is not well received, they will just cut out the gifts for "lack of interest". Have we not been down this road before? Carnival is not stupid.

Like the Future Cruise Certificates. It turned into Book A Cruise On Board and we all know how well that is working

Ok so I kept reading the Visitor Posts on his wall, and yes indeed this is the gift, soooooo many complains, I guess they were given on the Magic. LOL people are really upset

He also said they will last 2 months or so

Lots of people upset about something that was free. Really? I swear more and more people have somehow missed the basics of common decency when growing up....specifically in this case, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Say no thank you, and leave it if you don't like it. But certainly don't bitch about something that they don't have to give you, and was FREE.

Lots of people upset about something that was free. Really? I swear more and more people have somehow missed the basics of common decency when growing up....specifically in this case, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Say no thank you, and leave it if you don't like it. But certainly don't bitch about something that they don't have to give you, and was FREE.

Free? Maybe for you it cost me thousands of dollars to get to this level so no it was not free it's a BENEFIT you get for getting to this level like any other benefit you get for reaching a certain level (free upgrades in hotels, airlines etc). It's not like carnival said " oh here you go honey here is a gift for you". Only platinum and diamond get this benefit not everyone, why do you think that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Free? Maybe for you it cost me thousands of dollars to get to this level so no it was not free it's a BENEFIT you get for getting to this level like any other benefit you get for reaching a certain level (free upgrades in hotels, airlines etc). It's not like carnival said " oh here you go honey here is a gift for you". Only platinum and diamond get this benefit not everyone, why do you think that is?

Because they can buy your loyalty with a $2 rubber hat and you'll spend thousands more because of their amazing generosity.

But they don't HAVE to give you anything, right? Yes, I understand you spent a whole lot of $$ getting to that level. Let me ask, would you have not booked and spent all of that $$ if there wasn't a perk of a "FREE" gift? Of course not. I will stand by my original statement, that the polite thing to do is say no thank you, and leave it in your room, not bitch and moan because their "FREE" gift doesn't live up to your standards.

agreed

Because they can buy your loyalty with a $2 rubber hat and you'll spend thousands more because of their amazing generosity.

Many of their gifts have been useful. Loyalty comes from a little more than that but it has been one factor that kept us coming back.

However these days at least half our cruises will be with Princess.

Yes, it is a benefit. That Carnival freely gives - and can take away tomorrow. Did you only spend the thousands of dollars so that you could get a trinket?

I will never, ever get this line of thinking. If I wasn't enjoying my cruises on Carnival, then I wouldn't keep spending money to get the loyalty perks. If I'm enjoying my cruises on Carnival then I appreciate the perks but that's not why I'm there. I'm there because it suits my vacation needs. Once it doesn't suit my vacation needs, I'm out, regardless of getting a few perks or not.

Yes, it is a benefit. That Carnival freely gives - and can take away tomorrow. Did you only spend the thousands of dollars so that you could get a trinket?

I will never, ever get this line of thinking. If I wasn't enjoying my cruises on Carnival, then I wouldn't keep spending money to get the loyalty perks. If I'm enjoying my cruises on Carnival then I appreciate the perks but that's not why I'm there. I'm there because it suits my vacation needs. Once it doesn't suit my vacation needs, I'm out, regardless of getting a few perks or not.

Understand your point but if two cruises on two cruise lines cost about the same adding the loyalty benefits can tip the scale.

The gift is a very small part but when you add in capt cocktail party and free laundry that is part of keeping us coming back.

Understand your point but if two cruises on two cruise lines cost about the same adding the loyalty benefits can tip the scale.

The gift is a very small part but when you add in capt cocktail party and free laundry that is part of keeping us coming back.

On that point, I agree - but not because of the gift. To me, the most important perk is the priority line at embarkation, and I would rank laundry second, cocktail party third, priority tendering fourth, drink at brunch fifth, and the gift dead last. Heck, I'll even rank the chocolate plate higher than the gift, and I'm pretty much over it. I never even think about the gift because I have enough "stuff".

I have a feeling that if people were to honestly rank the perks in their own mind, the gift would be close to the bottom of their own list.

I understand that we have grown accustomed to the gift. And I love some of the gifts I have received. And I like some of the gifts I received. Some of the gifts have gone unused. Some have been tossed or donated to Goodwill. But some people always talk like they spent all that money just so they could get to platinum. Were they not spending the money just to have a great vacation, or did they think every single time, "oh, we have to cruise on Carnival because one day we will be platinum".

I will continue to cruise other lines as well. I may reach a loyalty status on those, or I may not. I'm not buying a vacation to attain a status - I'm buying a vacation to have a great time and a good value for my money spent. And I'll enjoy any perks offered by any of the lines - with the understanding that they can take them ALL away tomorrow.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

This is definitely not my favorite gift but honestly if you do a search on platinum gifts somebody has complained about every one of them. Not everybody is going to be happy with every gift they get. I am really not bothered with whatever the gift is, if I like it I keep it if not I find something to do with it. At first I was not even going to bring the game board home but then I heard of a local community center that was teaching chess to at-risk kids and they were thrilled to get the boards.

I got the tervis tumbler in yellow in July on the Sensation and was hoping to get another color in a few weeks on the Splendor. If I get these "lovely" visors instead it will not make or break my cruise experience.

Carnival should give out the Fire 7 tablets from Amazon. You can buy the tablet for $50 on Amazon. I bet if Carnival ordered a huge amount, Amazon would be willing to loss lead them for about $15-20 apiece just to get hundreds of thousands of people into their ecosystem. Now that would be a stellar gift.