Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

Carnival should give out the Fire 7 tablets from Amazon. You can buy the tablet for $50 on Amazon. I bet if Carnival ordered a huge amount, Amazon would be willing to loss lead them for about $15-20 apiece just to get hundreds of thousands of people into their ecosystem. Now that would be a stellar gift.

I can't believe they are spending more than $5 a person (if that) on the loyalty gifts. Some have to be much less (the collapsible cooler - maybe $2 in bulk). I don't see them spending $15-$20.

Carnival should give out the Fire 7 tablets from Amazon. You can buy the tablet for $50 on Amazon. I bet if Carnival ordered a huge amount, Amazon would be willing to loss lead them for about $15-20 apiece just to get hundreds of thousands of people into their ecosystem. Now that would be a stellar gift.

Would be nice but dont see them spending that much on gifts

I can't believe they are spending more than $5 a person (if that) on the loyalty gifts. Some have to be much less (the collapsible cooler - maybe $2 in bulk). I don't see them spending $15-$20.

I can promise you that the visor is no more than $3 in bulk.

I just happened to be looking at a site like that...how could you possibly not love such a fine product! :p It floats and "ant-fungal" too! :eek:

"It floats, it's stylish and it's fun. This visor, made from a material similar to a popular fashion clog, is the durable visor to wear at the beach or anywhere, even in the rain because it's waterproof. Perfect for getting your message across with your customized logo. Features an adjustable strap that fits all sizes. Made out of ant-fungal material that can be cleaned with water and soap. Price includes a four color Imprint, one location. Additional locations are an added cost. Please call for more details."

Edited by dave76310

And you think they'll increase that to $15-$20 for a tablet? :confused:

No. I don't think they would. I was just throwing that out there as an alternative gift idea that I'm sure would create a buzz.

Actually, I think that after visorgate, Carnival may decide to just discontinue the gifts altogether. By now they realize that their ships are full of ungrateful tourists.

Yes. That's for 2500. Carnival would need how many? 100,000? 200,000?

While I had not thought it to be that much (prob more in the line of 50K), let's assume that it knocks the discount down by 15% (you can't make it all up in volume) so, it gets down to the 8.50 to 11.20 range...... still way up from a buck or two.

No. I don't think they would. I was just throwing that out there as an alternative gift idea that I'm sure would create a buzz.

Actually, I think that after visorgate, Carnival may decide to just discontinue the gifts altogether. By now they realize that their ships are full of ungrateful tourists.

LOL, now there is a scary thought...... We decided to reward you ungrateful wenches with nothing,;)

LOL, now there is a scary thought...... We decided to reward you ungrateful wenches with nothing,;)

Too many plats now. When everybody is special, nobody is special. Look for plats to lose benefits in the next generation of loyalty perks. You'll have to be diamond to get the good stuff. ;)

Too many plats now. When everybody is special, nobody is special. Look for plats to lose benefits in the next generation of loyalty perks. You'll have to be diamond to get the good stuff. ;)

I get dinged enough on my own, now you want me to jump in and say that's OK I am diamond and then the "lowly plats" can fend for themselves.....

Just a joke people....;)

I get dinged enough on my own, now you want me to jump in and say that's OK I am diamond and then the "lowly plats" can fend for themselves.....

Just a joke people....;)

Yeah gotta watch them diamonds they think they are entitled to whatever they want. oops we are Diamond also:)

Nothing like wearing plastic on you head under the tropical sun. Carnival keeps cutting back ...taking away the chocolate candy with the turn down service and now rewarding our loyalty with this junk.

They HAVEN'T taken away the turn down service. Please stop spreading that rumor. It is a choice you can request without issue. Just ask! Taking away means it no longer can happen. Not true.

I thought those visors were a joke when I saw someone post them on a FB page I belong to...surely no one would wear those, right?! Those Nike ball caps they were giving out were much better than these Croc visors. I sailed on the Magic a few weeks ago and luckily got a Tervis tumbler that is much appreciated. Sailing on Vista in Dec and hope they have a new gift by then. If not, i will give the visor to my son and he can wear it or use it to dress his stuffed animals up in!

They HAVEN'T taken away the turn down service. Please stop spreading that rumor. It is a choice you can request without issue. Just ask! Taking away means it no longer can happen. Not true.

I ment the chocolate, not the turn down service ....everybody calm down

Just because YOU haven't experienced it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.