Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

I like your list. Simple things that are practicable. Nothing over expense, but nice branded merchandise that tells a customer that the company appreciates the loyalty.

Their have been some very nice gifts over the years and a few stinkos. This seems to be one of them.

Their have been some very nice gifts over the years and a few stinkos. This seems to be one of them.

I'm kinda surprised it's changed again - so soon! We sailed on the Pride in June and received the packing cubes. Not our thing....but we were able to exchange them for the "old" VIFP Tervis tumblers.

Shortly after that cruise I saw the "new" Tervis tumblers that were to be offered and figured that's what we'd see on our September cruise on the Breeze.

Hmm.....seems weird to have a change again so soon.:cool:

Edited by happy cruzin

I'm kinda surprised it's changed again - so soon! We sailed on the Pride in June and received the packing cubes. Not our thing....but we were able to exchange them for the "old" VIFP Tervis tumblers.

Shortly after that cruise I saw the "new" Tervis tumblers that were to be offered and figured that's what we'd see on our September cruise on the Breeze.

Hmm.....seems weird to have a change again so soon.:cool:

I think the timing has been the same all along. My guess is that it is tied to some data about the frequency of return guests along with planned supplies on these items.

Sent from my iPhone

Are the tumblers the current gift?

If it is these ugly visors they will be left behind. I don't wear that on my feet and definitely won't be putting it on my head. :(

Don't leave them behind, destroy them! Otherwise they may never go through the inventory! YUCK!

The name brand gift I think are free from Crocs or Tervis or whomever as a marketing tool for their company. I bet Carnival pays next to nothing for the name brand gifts.

While I do not know what "next to nothing" means in this context, I would take that bet.....

Sent from my iPhone

Yes are on the Magic and one red and one blue visor sits on 2 two the towel animals in our cabin. They seem to like them so we will just leave them where they are. Ugly does not cover it LOL, The good thing is we didn't have to pay for them. Happy cruising.

Yes are on the Magic and one red and one blue visor sits on 2 two the towel animals in our cabin. They seem to like them so we will just leave them where they are. Ugly does not cover it LOL, The good thing is we didn't have to pay for them. Happy cruising.

If I had luggage room, I'd have a 'towel animal decorating kit' ala Mr Potato Head circa 1950's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd rather get something I like most of the time than get nothing at all.

I agree - I have multiple platinum gifts that I use all the time - soft sided lunch cooler, messenger sling type backpack, hanging bag with the hanger, and the large duffel I got last time is great. And can't forget my multiple Tervis cups. :) I agree the visors would be ridiculously sweat inducing in the Caribbean, but I for one love my comfy Crocs for around the house, so I'll take the visor and enjoy. :p

I am SURE there is some master plan!

Yes, and it's a very clever one. Carnival won't ever have to buy anymore platinum/diamond gifts. Their supply will never dwindle --just keep recycling the ones we leave behind.