Sharing drinks packages

The combination of all the alcoholic drink packages has made it not worth it for me to purchase.

I would love to buy a drink card, should they be available, but my current plan is to buy as I go, use my soda package, and not worry about what anyone else is doing unless it directly affects me.

Meh. it's not stealing no matter what anyone says. Stealing is taking something without permission. If RCI give a drink to someone, and they give it to someone else... it is not stealing. Oh the drama and blood boiling on these boards. So comical.

Amen! It is not theft. Fraud and defrauding an innkeeper issues for sure. If you would like me to edify you on the concepts I would gladly sit down with you at my normal hourly rate; however, if you all are griping over drink pricing you surely wouldn't want to pay my rate.

As an aside, the one's playing drink package police are the same ones who I am sure never spend even close to what the average drinker spends overall on board on every cruise on TOP of the drink package. How about you mind your own business and enjoy your cruise, there are more important things to worry about in the world than grandpa sneaking grandma a gin and tonic on HIS drink package.

So your kids must create unnecessary guilt trips and lay judgement on people you don't know? Or maybe they are just shaking their heads in disgust as well.

Seriously, w t f.... Comments like these is the basis of cyber bullying and are completely out of line.

Exactly!!! That was a shake my head post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of people who get a drink package get a drink for someone else. It was extremely easy on the last 3 ships I've been on. You just can't be an obvious idiot. Every person I talked to told me they only bought one package and shared it. Since my DW and I don't drink, it didn't effect us.

For the record, both DH and I have a pkg for our upcoming cruise.

BUT, what about all the cc'rs who post on here about getting the package and trying every drink on the menu - because they can....and then if they don't like it, oh well.... just order something else.

Theft? Maybe. Waste? Definetely! Once the drink is poured it's poured.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

Exactly! I have been around these boards for many years even though I don't post a lot and it always amazes me how people can be so harsh and judgmental of people they don't know. Even acting like they are perfect in their life and have the right to judge others. Royal Caribbean is a multi billion dollar company that is doing quite well and charges high prices for almost everything. They are not losing anything from a few people sharing a drink here or there. Give me a break! They are not unaware that this happens sometimes and they price accordingly. They get that alcohol for almost pennies because of the bulk of their orders and they mark it up like 15 times! They make plenty!

Why do YOU personally care what the person next to you does? Worry about yourselves. If you don't want to share a drink then don't.

I agree with this poster above about so many people saying they can order all the drinks they want with a package and just leave it to be dumped if they don't like it!!! That is going to cause the same effect on the cruise lines bottom line that you are so harshly defending!!!! So you mean to tell me that it's okay to order 5 drinks in a row and take 1 sip then leave it but not to pass it to your husband if you don't like it????

As said above, once it is poured it's poured.

I usually have always refrained from commenting on anything like this but some of these people acting like they are holier then now and attacking that one woman who says she gave her mother 1 pina colada over a 10 day cruise but never used her 3 free drinks!!! You people acting like you work for the company. NEWS FLASH! They couldn't care less about you. They are a huge business and if someone sips their drink from the expensive drink package and then doesn't like it they do not care if you give it to your husband!! They do not care!! You people are the ones who care!

Exactly! I have been around these boards for many years even though I don't post a lot and it always amazes me how people can be so harsh and judgmental of people they don't know. Even acting like they are perfect in their life and have the right to judge others. Royal Caribbean is a multi billion dollar company that is doing quite well and charges high prices for almost everything. They are not losing anything from a few people sharing a drink here or there. Give me a break! They are not unaware that this happens sometimes and they price accordingly. They get that alcohol for almost pennies because of the bulk of their orders and they mark it up like 15 times! They make plenty!

Why do YOU personally care what the person next to you does? Worry about yourselves. If you don't want to share a drink then don't.

I agree with this poster above about so many people saying they can order all the drinks they want with a package and just leave it to be dumped if they don't like it!!! That is going to cause the same effect on the cruise lines bottom line that you are so harshly defending!!!! So you mean to tell me that it's okay to order 5 drinks in a row and take 1 sip then leave it but not to pass it to your husband if you don't like it????

As said above, once it is poured it's poured.

I usually have always refrained from commenting on anything like this but some of these people acting like they are holier then now and attacking that one woman who says she gave her mother 1 pina colada over a 10 day cruise but never used her 3 free drinks!!! You people acting like you work for the company. NEWS FLASH! They couldn't care less about you. They are a huge business and if someone sips their drink from the expensive drink package and then doesn't like it they do not care if you give it to your husband!! They do not care!! You people are the ones who care!

Finally, a reply worth reading! Well said and spot on. Now let's just sit back and wait for the "higher than thou" replies. [emoji12]

My hubby and I are going on Allure next week. We purchased a drink package for both of us, meaning 2 packages. It states when you purchase there is a maximum of 15 drinks per day per person. I'll be hard pressed to drink that many, I think. But based on some of these comments people are drinking way more than that on these drink packages. Am I missing something?

My hubby and I are going on Allure next week. We purchased a drink package for both of us, meaning 2 packages. It states when you purchase there is a maximum of 15 drinks per day per person. I'll be hard pressed to drink that many, I think. But based on some of these comments people are drinking way more than that on these drink packages. Am I missing something?

First I've heard of a drink limit. Did they add that when they went to the new Deluxe package. 15 is a reasonable number to me. I'd never hit that, but sharers will.

First I've heard of a drink limit. Did they add that when they went to the new Deluxe package. 15 is a reasonable number to me. I'd never hit that, but sharers will.

Don't know. This is my first RCCL cruise and my first drink package purchase. LOL I tried to plan out my drinks for a day and couldn't get up to 15. But it does work out cheaper for me based on what I drank on my last cruise.

Royal does not have the 15 drink max, it's truly unlimited (unless you're trashed and bring a problem) Carnival has the 15 per day max

....yet.

I agree, but that's also my problem with sharing the packages. No it's not going the cost Royal when it happens, because what will happen is it will get passed on to fellow cruisers who follow the rules. Eventually like other lines they will go back to the if one buys all but rule or implement the max drinks per day or raise the price.

As for the cost of drinks, I pay more for a cocktail at our local bar than I do on board. Though I do understand that in some areas of the country drinks are cheaper than we pay here.

You can't help but enjoy the illumination provided by those who choose to share they are breaking the system and are happy to share they have succeeded in beating the system.

Many know that those kind of actions by individuals just lead to other unforseen consequences that are truly unpredicable and can cost more in the long run than a few dollars bilked on a cruise ship vacation.

;)