Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

It's very easy for people to say "just buy a package when it's on sale" or "don't worry about it" but the majority of people have to budget and save for each cruise they go on, a sale means nothing if you can't afford it at that time. Judging by the majority of posters who are panicked by these changes, I'm not alone in this thinking either. Not everyone can just "book and go."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree totally with James. Its not always easy (especially if your cruise is just around the corner) to change to a different drink package that costs more. People plan and save for quite a while to be able to cruise (incuding myself). I wished RC was a little more giving in how they announce things to their market of cruisers. Perhaps a mass email to people? Most people noted this change on this board. I have not been on RC's website to look around for a while now. We are very blessed in that my hubby nor I drink a great deal and we are Diamond. Our bar bill will be little to nothing but people that buy the packages will have to rethink some things for sure. :rolleyes:

So does this mean I should cancel my Ultimate and rebook with the lower priced Premium, and then end up with the Ultimate anyway? Doesn't really make sense.

Sounds like an excellent idea. However, I'd want something in writing from the shoreside folks saying your Premium Package would become the new Deluxe Package.

Hi I have tried both Facebook and email (the the contact on the purchase page) to get clarification from Royal for those of us with the included select package (upgrades info). However, so far they have not responded. Has anyone got any other emails that I can try.

Also if anyone is on sailings after the 6th can they feed back into this thread if they get a chance - thanks

I'm not really understanding all the people wanting to upgrade to the Ultimate package from their free promo packages. The difference is really the fresh squeezed OJ and specialty coffees as far as I can tell. just curious if I'm missing something.

promo for us is select- so beer, wine and soft drinks only I don't drink beer and wine is only basic wine ($8 limit) would like a few cocktails/ g&t's and I am a good wine drinker the $8 limit is usless to me thus the upgrade

Edited by fragilek

I'm not really understanding all the people wanting to upgrade to the Ultimate package from their free promo packages. The difference is really the fresh squeezed OJ and specialty coffees as far as I can tell. just curious if I'm missing something.

Some people have already purchased the Ultimate package pre-cruise. It sounds like if they cancel and re-purchase the Premium package before 6-Sep, they will end up getting the Deluxe package on board, which is the equivalent of the Ultimate package they originally purchased. In other words, they would get what they originally wanted for less money.

promo for us is select- so beer, wine and soft drinks only I don't drink beer and wine is only basic wine ($8 limit) would like a few cocktails/ g&t's and I am a good wine drinker the $8 limit is usless to me thus the upgrade

Oh ok - I thought the promo packages were the premium, so yes that would make a much bigger difference.

Why not just keep the promo select package and pay the difference on each drink. If it's just the occasional drink that's over the $8 limit then that way must be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doesn't work that way. Select only covers beer and wine upgrades. Cocktails would be full price.

Just got off phone with C&A. The new package does go into effect Tuesday the 6th. If you have purchased the premium package you will automatically be upgraded to the new package for free. The new package includes all alcoholic drinks under $12. Fresh squeezed orange juice, sparkling water, premium tea and premium coffee INCLUDING Starbucks, at least on the Oasis class. I had him double check that and he read it off the release he had.

Why not just keep the promo select package and pay the difference on each drink. If it's just the occasional drink that's over the $8 limit then that way must be cheaper.

every wine I drink is over $8 and I would have to pay full price for any cocktail and I planned -so daily 2 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails would be about $36 a day some days I may even have more than that ;)

Some people have already purchased the Ultimate package pre-cruise. It sounds like if they cancel and re-purchase the Premium package before 6-Sep, they will end up getting the Deluxe package on board, which is the equivalent of the Ultimate package they originally purchased. In other words, they would get what they originally wanted for less money.

I was asking about the promo people got not if they've bought.

Personally I think if they've bought they should just keep it to make sure, canceling and rebooking I think falls into a different ethics category, but I don't want to start that discussion.

It's not just paying the difference, I'd like a few cocktails or spirits occasionally so I'd have to pay the full apx $12+ for every cocktail as the select package is just soda, wine & beer. Better to upgrade for the cost of one & bit cocktails per day, then the rest are 'free' [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if it's worth me ringing RCI tomorrow to see if I can upgrade and pay the difference now from my free Select package to the Premium one? Do they allow that in advance or do they make you wait until you actually board? I'd save a lot of money if I can do it now.

Does anyone know if it's worth me ringing RCI tomorrow to see if I can upgrade and pay the difference now from my free Select package to the Premium one? Do they allow that in advance or do they make you wait until you actually board? I'd save a lot of money if I can do it now.

I've tried this several months back to try & make use of the 20% discount they have, but there's no way to upgrade & pay the difference until you're onboard unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off phone with C&A. The new package does go into effect Tuesday the 6th. If you have purchased the premium package you will automatically be upgraded to the new package for free. The new package includes all alcoholic drinks under $12. Fresh squeezed orange juice, sparkling water, premium tea and premium coffee INCLUDING Starbucks, at least on the Oasis class. I had him double check that and he read it off the release he had.

I wonder what this means for those who have a select package? [emoji848]

I've not read any reports of people being able to upgrade packages including in a promo booking pre-cruise.

But what about the select package that won't be offered anymore either?

Good question and one that I've not seen the shoreside people comment on yet. I assume you are asking how is the Select package handled on board after 6-Sep.

This is great news . Will find out very soon if it will be put into practice . Maybe RCI read my earlier post on this thread suggesting this:D. We all know the boards are read by RCI staff.

I am more curious now about upgrading from the current Select package to the new highest alcoholic package. Depending on the cost per day I will probably PAYG.

Hi I have tried facebook to find out the promo select issue but looking through the facebook posts they never ever respond. However I saw that they do seem to respond to questions in twitter. I am not a member of twitter, if anyone else is maybe they could ask on their (I wouldn't know how lol)

Do You know if Starbucks Will be included in the new Refreshment package?