Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

According to this, it stays until it is depleted.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/FAQs_Beverage_Package_Relaunch.pdf

So I'm guessing from that those who got the select package if they want to have spirits/cocktails etc will only have the option onboard to upgrade to the deluxe package (and all the unwanted extras like coffee which I don't drink) or pay for each cocktail.

I'll find out next Sunday when onboard I ask to upgrade to the premium (or the deluxe at premium price :) ). Let the battle commence

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And before all the do-gooders start moaning. I've done the upgrade to Premium twice this year and have asked for an option pre cruise which they can't offer, more than happy if they say pay now and I'll upgrade. I can actually buy the premium online now so I wonder..

Spoke to several RCCL people and as of Tues, Sept 6 the new packages will be available. Only savings NOW would be to get the premium pkg at 20% off and it will become the new ultimate package at NO additional cost. This is a savings currently of $70.00.

Not sure I understand..... I read this that the new UP will be a savings of $70 off the current PP?

I am a little slow... just ask the CC Police... #OPLIVESMATTER

I have been able to purchase drinks packages at 20%discount for our 10 night March 29 cruise. But I am not able to book them for our July 8 cruise from Southampton - it says they are unavailable and we need to purchase onboard.

Is the 20% discounted already reflected in the displayed price?

This is what's showing for Harmony Nov'19 2016:

$36 Select BPSO

$47 Premium BPSO

$53 Ultimate BPSO

But after I add a package to my cart, it doesn't seem to apply any 20% off?

Just got off phone with C&A. The new package does go into effect Tuesday the 6th. If you have purchased the premium package you will automatically be upgraded to the new package for free. The new package includes all alcoholic drinks under $12. Fresh squeezed orange juice, sparkling water, premium tea and premium coffee INCLUDING Starbucks, at least on the Oasis class. I had him double check that and he read it off the release he had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok.... going to call and purchase all our future beyond Nov.. our next two are already booked PP

Edited by troykahack

Is the 20% discounted already reflected in the displayed price?

This is what's showing for Harmony Nov'19 2016:

$36 Select BPSO

$47 Premium BPSO

$53 Ultimate BPSO

But after I add a package to my cart, it doesn't seem to apply any 20% off?

If your trip is included, it should have a "20% off" banner on the main page. If you see this, then yes the price should reflect 20% off what you would pay onboard. Not all trips seem to be included in the promo.:o

Oh so this explains...around 3 weeks ago the beverage packages for my March 31 sailing all disappeared and got the not available yet message, they had been there previously and I had decided to wait...damn

I'm sailing next sat on harmony with pre paid premium so interested to see how that one pans out

Oh so this explains...around 3 weeks ago the beverage packages for my March 31 sailing all disappeared and got the not available yet message, they had been there previously and I had decided to wait...damn

I'm sailing next sat on harmony with pre paid premium so interested to see how that one pans out

Please report back.

I assume you mean next Sunday :) . I'm on same cruise.

I can buy Premium tonight for about £300 with the 20% discount and that includes grats. In theory that would be upgraded to deluxe on Tuesday.

8708348075f3593276cc168eb20c4672.jpg

I'm wondering how much upgrade from select to Deluxe onboard which wouldn't have 20% and would also probably attract the Spanish VAT.

Then see if it flags already have a select package and throw something out...

Just got off phone with C&A. The new package does go into effect Tuesday the 6th. If you have purchased the premium package you will automatically be upgraded to the new package for free. The new package includes all alcoholic drinks under $12. Fresh squeezed orange juice, sparkling water, premium tea and premium coffee INCLUDING Starbucks, at least on the Oasis class. I had him double check that and he read it off the release he had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aren't frozen cocktails up above that limit now?

Same as other CC's are posting...

RCCL is no longer taking drink packages online for the current drink packages.

They are able to take orders over the phone for PP at current costs.

Starting Tues, 9/6, new plan kicks in....

The PP packages I have already booked will be upgraded to the new Deluxe when we board.

I asked this question several times... there is no package just for beer and wine, just the deluxe which covers all.... I wonder if this is there first response to those that share drink packages and think it is a good idea?

The list published is they types on drinks/mixes/spirits/beer/wine covered under these packages. The agent was not sure about up charges for certain high end wines/spirits/beers.

Edited by troykahack

Sorry yes, Sunday! (We fly Sat)

I booked premium on 6th May for 275.96 PP inc grats, I'm guessing today's higher price you see is due to exchange rate.

I'll be sure to report back how this change is handled in our sailing only wish now id gone for the PP for March when I had the chance.

That said I've been tempted a while now to go package-less for a cruise to see what reality is as I have always had one every time so maybe now March will be my 'Guinea pig'

OK...so two days ago I had purchased premium beverage package for my husband and ultimate for myself. There was 20% off so Premium was $44 +grats and ultimate was $46 + grats. Since the FAQ indicates that the premium and the ultimate will be switched to the new delux beverage package, I called and cancelled my ultimate and had it change to the premium. Tell me I did good and won't get screwed!!

Diane

Same as other CC's are posting...

RCCL is no longer taking drink packages online for the current drink packages.

They are able to take orders over the phone for PP at current costs.

Starting Tues, 9/6, new plan kicks in....

The PP packages I have already booked will be upgraded to the new Deluxe when we board.

I asked this question several times... there is no package just for beer and wine, just the deluxe which covers all.... I wonder if this is there first response to those that share drink packages and think it is a good idea?

I just repurchased for the three sailings I coming up in October and December.