Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

I doubt this would be restricted to just UK.

If you wanted to upgrade a package onboard, the staff aren't going to ask what country you booked in to see what packages are on offer.

My only concern is that if you had a promo package like select I can see that will be honoured and can also see I can still buy premium package on my Royal planner but onboard if you want to upgrade will we only be offered the new ultimate one?

I'll find out as the plan was on boarding a week today I'm upgrading my select package (promo) to premium. And was told by agents upgrades only available onboard. My other option would be buy on my planner the premium and then argue a refund of promo select onboard as the Royal planner doesn't offer upgrade only sell prices.

hi all, does anyone know if each individual drink is being increased or are the price hikes just on the drinks packages? I'm not looking to buy a package when we go in 14 days but if each actual drink is going up I might?!! thanks.

Haven't seen anything with regard to individual drink price changes. These vary by ship now.

Glad I bought packages ahead of time! I have Royal Replenish for my husband bc the rep told me it included Red Bull. Would love to have a list like the one in the flyer to confirm bc I've seen conflicting posts. Anyone have info?

The coffee package sounds like a nice addition for me. Was too $$$ to upgrade myself to replenish just for fancy coffee... But I can manage 15 for $30 in 12 nights for sure.

Customer service on land makes my head hurt... But once on the ship all is right with the world... 55 days to go! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've got free Select packages for our cruise on Adventure next September. My husband planned to upgrade his to the PP when we boarded but it looks like he'll have to pay more for the new Deluxe.

A couple of UK people here have mentioned not having a base price to work from for upgrading if you're thinking of upgrading from a free package. I've just checked my invoice sent to me via my TA from RCI. It shows the Select being charged as £195 each for the week, and then refunded as £195 due to the promotion. So that's the base price to work with. It works out as £27.86 per day.

I seem to remember, vaguely I'm afraid, that we had a free drinks package thrown in on our transatlantic on Adventure a few years back. It was a perk to attract Brits to fly over and do the Eastbound crossing. Between booking and sailing Royal changed the drinks packages and we were advised we would all get the Premium package. I was new to drinks packages so cannot remember what the original free drinks package was called. I know it's a slim chance but maybe Royal will give those with the free Select package the Deluxe one instead.................yeh, very, very slim chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genuinely surprised to see no beer and wine package. I'd figure that was a big seller for Royal and the margin on beer must be incredible anyways.

Yeah. It just shows new ones replacing replenish and ultimate. It doesn't actually state anywhere unless I missed it that select and premium are being withdrawn does it?

Now the cynic in me would say as beer packages common what better way to either force passengers to pay more for the deluxe versus them going back to paying per drink which both ways Royal wins?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scoff away - but for anyone who is in the same boat as us - I have emailed to find out if we will still be able to upgrade at all even if it is to the more expensive package (as there will be no base price on the system for the select package to upgrade from). I will post the response back on here. Biker19 I do not require any unnecessary further snide comentry from you as I would imagine that the included package and any planned upgrade has no effect on you. However for us in the UK having to repay for a full new package when we already have the select included"free lol" is a big extra expense

We're in the same "boat" we got a free select with plans to upgrade to premium and we leave this month. This is not good.

We've got free Select packages for our cruise on Adventure next September. My husband planned to upgrade his to the PP when we boarded but it looks like he'll have to pay more for the new Deluxe.

A couple of UK people here have mentioned not having a base price to work from for upgrading if you're thinking of upgrading from a free package. I've just checked my invoice sent to me via my TA from RCI. It shows the Select being charged as £195 each for the week, and then refunded as £195 due to the promotion. So that's the base price to work with. It works out as £27.86 per day.

My select package was priced at £164.85

So mine works out at £23.55 per day or $31.30 including grats

All depends on when you booked, exchange rate at time so no there cant be a base price to work with unfortunately

Can see this being a major headache !!

... Now the cynic in me would say as beer packages common what better way to either force passengers to pay more for the deluxe versus them going back to paying per drink which both ways Royal wins?

I share your cynical view on this.

Or just buy the ultimate when its on sale and be done with it and enjoy your vacation.

Too many people fret over trying to figure out ways around packages and this scenario and what if , RCI isnt stupid, just do it when its on sale and done.

Or just buy the ultimate when its on sale and be done with it and enjoy your vacation.

Too many people fret over trying to figure out ways around packages and this scenario and what if , RCI isnt stupid, just do it when its on sale and done.

The packages are not available for the sailing I want, so I cannot buy it on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's very easy for people to say "just buy a package when it's on sale" or "don't worry about it" but the majority of people have to budget and save for each cruise they go on, a sale means nothing if you can't afford it at that time. Judging by the majority of posters who are panicked by these changes, I'm not alone in this thinking either. Not everyone can just "book and go."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by rodenboy

No we are talking about select packages that were given as part of the cruise package.

With the statement that you could up grade on board,

So why would anyone buy the ultimate package in the sale when they already have the select.

To upgrade to premium at the moment is about $10 plus grats so $11.80 x 14 as we are doing a back to back comes in at $165

to uprade from select to new package about an extra $30 a day x14 $420

So will be paying an extra $250 for something we didnt want yeah sounds fair

Spoke to several RCCL people and as of Tues, Sept 6 the new packages will be available. Only savings NOW would be to get the premium pkg at 20% off and it will become the new ultimate package at NO additional cost. This is a savings currently of $70.00.

No we are talking about select packages that were given as part of the cruise package.

With the statement that you could up grade on board,

So why would anyone buy the ultimate package in the sale when they already have the select.

To upgrade to premium at the moment is about $10 plus grats so $11.80 x 14 as we are doing a back to back comes in at $165

to uprade from select to new package about an extra $30 a day x14 $420

So will be paying an extra $250 for something we didnt want yeah sounds fair

There'll be something in the T&C saying they can change anything they want at any time unfortunately.

Spoke to several RCCL people and as of Tues, Sept 6 the new packages will be available. Only savings NOW would be to get the premium pkg at 20% off and it will become the new ultimate package at NO additional cost. This is a savings currently of $70.00.

That's a good deal, if it's carried through on the ship.