Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

I already did that on all the cruises I could. After the 1st of they year, Select is not an option

This is true. I checked our January 8 cruise and Select is gone. My husband always got that one since he is primarily a beer drinker with a glass or two of wine for dinner. Looks like it will be OOP for him from now on since he doesn't drink mixed drinks or fancy coffees.

I already did that on all the cruises I could. After the 1st of they year, Select is not an option

This is true. I don't have the choice of select for our cruise coming next March. However, why do I still have a choice of Ultimate and Premium when those won't exist for that March cruise either?

I have a B2B to Alaska in June/July 2017....cruise planner online doesn't offer the drink packages yet. I called RC directly and told me that the purchase of drink packages wouldn't become available until 90 days out. I guess I'm out of luck of trying to get the better rate before the policy change.

We've purchased 2 ultimate packages for the Harmony transatlantic. I'm assuming when we board it will be Deluxe?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's the way I read the FAQ.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

This is true. I don't have the choice of select for our cruise coming next March. However, why do I still have a choice of Ultimate and Premium when those won't exist for that March cruise either?

Probably because they get more money before they switch people to the Deluxe package.

I'm not sure that I would drink $55 worth of beer a day. :rolleyes:

Well don't bother calling because they are clueless and useless. They said we can upgrade select to premium onboard but I guarantee that's not true. Actually one said that then the RSD I talked to say we could upgrade to the ultimate which would be over $500. I can only hope they'll allow that. I am guessing since we got the select as a promotion that we won't even have that option since it will no longer exist and we'll have only the option to buy the Ultimate for over $1,200. Should I thank all the people who have been sharing the packages now or wait until later? I am pi$$$$$ed.

I have a B2B to Alaska in June/July 2017....cruise planner online doesn't offer the drink packages yet. I called RC directly and told me that the purchase of drink packages wouldn't become available until 90 days out. I guess I'm out of luck of trying to get the better rate before the policy change.

I find that 90 day policy hit or miss. I'm 180 days out and was able to order online and pay by credit card. I had to play with the planner a little bit though as it didn't show up, I had to go digging for it!

Thanks everyone for this discussion. This is quite fortunate that they'll be upgrading premium to ultimate/deluxe starting on the 6th. We're going on the anthem on the 8th (in 4 days), and I just booked premium drink package so that we can have freestyle sodas and a few beers :)

I had contemplated getting the ultimate, so that we could also get specialty coffees. With the new info in this thread, I hope this works out that they upgrade us to deluxe package on the 8th. If not, I guess we can upgrade on the boat, or we can just pay for the specialty coffees out of pocket. I calculated, and I'd need to drink more than 12 specialty coffees before the ultimate package would save money.

This came from our FB event site but think it was originally posted in a thread here at C.C. It may help with some questions being asked, although knowing the eternal confusion around drink packages sure there will still be many more !!

Sorry for the quality, it was quite fuzzy to begin with.

d13746355b7b4dc5ece82fbbdc31952d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huh?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Since we got the select free we save 30 out of the 55 daily cost is why I am not complaining too much. Would love to have just the premium since I don't care too much about the juice and coffee. I was hoping for just the usual 15 per day upgrade cost to premium so another additional 10 or more stinks but it is what it is.

Since we got the select free we save 30 out of the 55 daily cost is why I am not complaining too much. Would love to have just the premium since I don't care too much about the juice and coffee. I was hoping for just the usual 15 per day upgrade cost to premium so another additional 10 or more stinks but it is what it is.

The brochure rate for Premium has been $49 with Ultimate at $59, Select $39. Then again with dynamic drink package pricing...

Edited by chandom

This is really odd.... at what prices... for either the PP or UP or something else... I was just trying the PP? Prices were the same for PP across the board but varied for UP either $46/$49 US before 18%, this was the 20% off promotion.... I listed the ships... and dates previously

I just attempted the purchase a package for an upcoming cruise and had no problem. All of the usual drink package choices were available.

I just purchased PP for December on Indy. All packages available in planner, 33/44/49, 20% off included.

At 6:19 pm this evening, I purchased two premiums with the 20 percent discount for my March Adventure. I figured I'd lock in the savings now.

Well don't bother calling because they are clueless and useless. They said we can upgrade select to premium onboard but I guarantee that's not true. Actually one said that then the RSD I talked to say we could upgrade to the ultimate which would be over $500. I can only hope they'll allow that. I am guessing since we got the select as a promotion that we won't even have that option since it will no longer exist and we'll have only the option to buy the Ultimate for over $1,200. Should I thank all the people who have been sharing the packages now or wait until later? I am pi$$$$$ed.

I think it may have been you that asked on twitter and was told you can- well my dd asked on twitter for me about the same time and we were told no to the upgrade (not sure if its a total no or if they meant know to upgrade to premium we will ask for clarification)- go figure

But I have printed off the twitter your response that say can and I will take it with me. Not that it will do ant good:(

The brochure rate for Premium has been $49 with Ultimate at $59, Select $39. Then again with dynamic drink package pricing...

On the Harmony prices were higher:

Select 42$

Premium 55$

Ultimate 62$

(plus 18%, plus 10% Spanish VAT).

Online you got the 20% off offer.

So those who booked the Premium online should be happy as they now get the Deluxe for much less, those who booked the Ulitmate might pay more than for the new Deluxe.

steamboats

Just got off phone with C&A. The new package does go into effect Tuesday the 6th. If you have purchased the premium package you will automatically be upgraded to the new package for free. The new package includes all alcoholic drinks under $12. Fresh squeezed orange juice, sparkling water, premium tea and premium coffee INCLUDING Starbucks, at least on the Oasis class. I had him double check that and he read it off the release he had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope that includes cruises fleet wide, we are on a cruise Honolulu to Sydney, purchased Premium Package a couple of months back and hoping that ours will be upgraded to the new Deluxe. Cruise was purchased onboard last year and then transferred to an Aussie TA.

Ditto. We upgrade for cocktails but not bothered about the other stuff the Deluxe includes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know others are saying you did good by changing, but I only see that you gave RCCL money you didn't have too. You weren't previously getting ultimate and now spent more money for a package you didn't want. Yes the current ultimate is a better deal then the new Delux, but you spent more for something you previously didn't think you wanted, which was the ultimate. I would have stayed with premium, cheaper and will be fully honored on your cruise.

That's how I see the change.

Scott

I agree - while it might give a boost for those that bought Premium now and will get the upgrade for free, moving forward you now have to buy a more expensive pkg even if you were perfectly happy with the Select and/or Premium.

I seem to remember, vaguely I'm afraid, that we had a free drinks package thrown in on our transatlantic on Adventure a few years back. It was a perk to attract Brits to fly over and do the Eastbound crossing. Between booking and sailing Royal changed the drinks packages and we were advised we would all get the Premium package. I was new to drinks packages so cannot remember what the original free drinks package was called. I know it's a slim chance but maybe Royal will give those with the free Select package the Deluxe one instead.................yeh, very, very slim chance.

You may have hit the nail right on the head with this one...we booked the BOGOHO offer and got the select package for next July ...but after reading all the new stuff..

and then reading a flyer that from the 6th september guests will get get the new deluxe drinks package included in the price of their cruise.

I thought id check my invoice which simply says ALLInclusive drinks....it doesnt say which package, or mention select at all.

So I thought id call royal caribbean,...odly enough they were a bit vague, but they said that all guests booked all inclusive would get the same drink all inclusuve drinks package...

im going to be screen shotting the new deluxe drinks package included in cruise fare flyer and taking it with me :)

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/latest-offers_279_3398191767.pdf

Edited by KPRH
link to new all inclusive drinks package included