Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

I have a Select drinks package and $100 dollars onboard spend but there is nothing to confirm that I have these "extras" on my Set Sail pass - just on the travel agent's invoice.

As I have not sailed with RC previously can anyone confirm that those with such extras have them listed on their Set Sail passes.

No they are not shown on set sail. Take a copy of your TA invoice with you and go to guest services if not marked on your card. We had this in April and they added a sticker to our cards

I saw this on FB and put a post in the Crown & Anchor group but it was quickly deleted!

All the details are in the link above on the cruisingpower website.

Anybody that wants the current packages and has a cruise booked within the next 90 days needs to book before the 6th

I can't book now if my cruise is more that 90 days out??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So are they taking away the Premium pkg and forcing you to pay for an Ultimate pkg if you want a drink pkg? That pretty much stinks. I finally decided all I need is the Select since I am pretty much a beer drinker. I figured something was up since after Jan 1st the select was no longer offered on the 2 cruises we have booked. But I have DH's premium pkgs booked through Feb 2017 so at least his are good.

Tried to book his already for later 2017 but won't let me so guess we will have to see what the new packages are like, but guessing my Select is gone

Edited by karena1

Seems like a pretty significant increase on the price of the Refreshment package, formerly Royal Replenish. $19 -> $26 per day. Over a 35% increase.

That is exactly what struck me. A 37% increase for the Royal Replenish package that I usually purchase for the kids:eek::eek::eek:

I would pre-purchase it now, but we always use our OBC to cover the cost of it, so I cannot do that. Guess we will just skip the package on future cruises and purchase the occasional beverage here and there instead. I assume many CruiseCritic fans who read this will be knowledgeable about the 37% price increase, but RCCL is banking on those who do not realize they jacked up the cost so much to continue to purchase the package. Kind of like the "sales" they keep offering on their cruises where the purchase price is actually insanely more than it was not long ago.

We are sailing on April 3 southern itinerary on Jewel and bought our drink packages (and paid for) months ago and we are 210 days out. Interesting how some sailings you can book others your locked out.:rolleyes:

That is interesting since the cruise I have booked leaves April 2 on Anthem. I can book dining but not the drink packages or the Internet packages

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So are they taking away the Premium pkg and forcing you to pay for an Ultimate pkg if you want a drink pkg? That pretty much stinks. I finally decided all I need is the Select since I am pretty much a beer drinker. I figured something was up since after Jan 1st the select was no longer offered on the 2 cruises we have booked. But I have DH's premium pkgs booked through Feb 2017 so at least his are good.

Tried to book his already for later 2017 but won't let me so guess we will have to see what the new packages are like, but guessing my Select is gone

It does stink - I wanted the premium package - I don't care about getting coffee, Evian water and all the other "High End Stuff". Just wanted beer, wine and occasional mixed drinks. Also I didn't see where soda was included in the link unless I missed it in my haste. :eek:

Totally agree with you. We usually do premium, so this would be approximately an extra $22 per day (from $44 to $55 x 2) or $156 for a 7 day cruise. Whew!

Dh likes traveling with the drink package but this is getting out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FWIW... I just checked the Cruise Planner for our Serenade cruise for next February and it still shows the UP and PP at the 20% discount and the other non-alcoholic packages at the same price as before. The soda package is $10.40 CAD.

I'll check again after the 6th. Fortunately we've already purchased the PP for me and the soda for her. (I know, the cup comes with the PP and I don't drink soda but we don't want to share packages.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been able to purchase drinks packages at 20%discount for our 10 night March 29 cruise. But I am not able to book them for our July 8 cruise from Southampton - it says they are unavailable and we need to purchase onboard.

Oh my, wish we could fast forward 12 months so all the kinks in the transitional period have been ironed out.

We have 3 cruises coming up over the next 4 months which have either a Premium or Select package included. I see interesting conversations with the bartender's, "can I have that?/this?" etc.

Hopefully RCI will just automatically 'upgrade' guests Premium packages , I think that would cause less confusion for everyone, they are a big company and can afford to do that.:)

Honouring the Beer and Wine Select package is easier, you can have beer or wine, simple.

Everybody, please keep this thread going and post experiences on return from cruises. Our first one is the Harmony TA so cannot respond until then.

I have been able to purchase drinks packages at 20%discount for our 10 night March 29 cruise. But I am not able to book them for our July 8 cruise from Southampton - it says they are unavailable and we need to purchase onboard.

Might be too early for the July cruise.

Seems like a pretty significant increase on the price of the Refreshment package, formerly Royal Replenish. $19 -> $26 per day. Over a 35% increase.

Agreed. Celebrity's beverage packages are much better. They also include canned sodas, the Premium is $22 per night and the Classic $18. We won't book any beverage package for our next cruise, with our D+ and suite benefits it is not worth it.

Not sure if this has already answered, but I booked a sailing with a premium drinks package included as part of their "all inclusive" offer last year... I sail December 24th, will they honour the old package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We sail Sept 11th on the Freedom with two Premium packages we purchased some time ago. Will be interesting to see how it is handled.

We also have Premium packages for an April 2017 sailing that we booked under the buy one, get one half off deal a good while ago.

Would be nice if they would just grandfather us into the new package. I don't drink coffee, but would certainly take advantage of the fresh juice!! Yeah, unlikely that will be the case, but nice to dream!!! :D

Dan.

I called the C&A desk to update a few things for future cruises. I asked about changes to the drinking packages and they did confirm that they would be changing next week. If I want the current packages, I need to purchase them this weekend. Not a big difference for the Ultimate Package, but they might be dropping the discount. I guess I'll just purchase them and save a little money. Does anyone know if they will do the 20% pre-cruise discounts on the new drink packages?

That being said, when they originally came out with the drink packages, the gratuity was included in the price. They are pretty good at raising prices without making a big deal about it. I'm now Diamond, so it's probably not worth the cost anymore from monetary perspective. I just love cruising and not worrying about what everything costs or which bar tenders are "hooking me up". I'm a good tipper with or without the package, so I usually have a drink being made for me without having to even ask. My next cruise can't come fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm boarding Oasis today. I will see if I can get info on the plan for drink package changes.

That would be great thanks. Can you ask what will happen to the passengers that have 'free' select packages with their bookings that plan to upgrade them on board. Can this still be done and if so how much. thanks