Wine Glasses

YAKE

When you are out and about the ship you can stop by any bar and they will be happy to provide you with any glass that they have. If your wanting the better glasses, i.e. Riedel or similer, Cellermasters or Micheles Club has them but they discourage you from carrying them away but it can be accomplished. I always carry a small corkscrew, in of all places, my toiletry bag. You never know when your are going to need it.

Take your own small cork screw. You may have to wait till the next day for your steward to leave one. Same for bottle opener if you get beer for your room.

We ask our steward to have a bucket of ice in our emptied refrigerator and two wine glasses mid afternoon. No problem.

That's where we keep ours too! That way, we never forget to bring it. (Of course, the first few times we forget where we had put it, but now we always know where it is.)

I pack our corkscrew in our first aid kit. Like you and others that way we never forget to bring it.

Any idea if we have to pack our own corkscrew or will they provide this for us as well?

We always bring our own corkscrew. The ones on the ship are not that good. If you bring your own make sure it does not have the knife included unless it is in your checked luggage.

There are usually two regular wine glasses in your cabin at the beginning of the cruise as there are a couple half bottles of wine for purchase in the mini bar.

Feel free to use these. We usually also ask the steward to make sure there are 4 clean wine glasses in the cabin each day when they clean. If we need more we ask the steward and call room service although it can take a while from room service. So in a pinch if we need glasses ASAP for an impromptu party I've just run to the closest bar and asked for how ever many empty glasses we needed for the cabin and it's been no problem getting them.

Any idea if we have to pack our own corkscrew or will they provide this for us as well?

The corkscrew's we've gotten on board often take a while for the steward to find for us. They're also small cheap plastic ones that don't work well. So we have a basic lever corkscrew that ran about $6 at a wine store that we keep in our "cruise kit" and have brought along with us so we had one handly. We usually bring along a champagne cork as well.

Our wine of choice to bring on the ship is Sparkling - so we don't need the corkscrew. However - our corkscrew always travels w/ us in our toiletry bag as well. We generally throw it in our bag when in port - you never know when you might want to share a bottle of wine :)

After getting my cork screw confiscated on a previous Celebrity cruise several years ago, I just bring twist cap bottles of wine. It just makes it easier :p.

Also, the room stewards are very good on bringing wine glasses. Just have to ask.