Tipping Cabana Attendant

The poor cabana boy assigned to us in October better have his running shoes on. Lol.....our group will have him running for cocktails all day, but I know they are all generous. I see what they hand the cabana boys on the ship. HOLY ..... At the end of the day, he will be HAPPY that he took care of us. (as his feet are soaking). :):):)

Well things have changed this last summer August 7, 2016 to be exact.

When we arrived at Barefoot beach we were assigned an attendant to assist us to our Loungers(we did not have a cabana).

He asked if we needed anything and we said a couple floaties would be nice.

He dropped them off and we never saw him again, now mind you we arrived late...............went to zip line first, then swam, then ate, never saw him never offered to get us drinks.

Then we did jet skis.

When we came back all our stuff was there.

We slowly packed up and washed our feet, kept looking for him, nope nada.

So we left.

First time in years we did not tip.

Guess the Cabana guest get more attention than us lowly loungers people,:rolleyes:

Did tip the taxi driver for the 3 of us $20, he was nice

Later

Our attendant did a very good job! drinks, golf cart to the shopping area and to the jet skis, held a table for us at the upgrade buffet area until we got our food and more. It was two of us and I tipped $20! :cool:

You people spend more on tips then on your cruise.

It is called "paying it forward". No one says you have to tip extra. My three children have done very well for themselves and enjoy sharing. That is how they are. My husband and I are just regular folks and very rarely tip extra. Everyone is different. :D

there were 7 of us in a cabana on barefoot beach.. we tipped 10 per person to the cabana steward who got the drinks... and 5 per person to the assst. who carried our floats i n and out of the water for us and helped us on and off the floats..