Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Since Southwest started flying to San Juan the prices have come down across all airlines. We can fly to San Juan just as cheap as flying to Lauderdale, Miami, Houston, or Tampa. Exception being Orlando which is extremely cheap to fly into.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It all depends from where you are flying. We can get to FLL and TPA for much less than SJU, even on SW. We can get nonstops to Florida but not SJU, so that accounts for at least some of the price difference.

Maybe if they eliminated Jewel perhaps an Oasis ship will do well.

Not sure how many people (families in particular) would pay Oasis class premiums AND flights to San Juan, which aren't cheap from certain areas.

I don't think the terminal at San Juan could handle Oasis type passenger loads. It already does not have enough space for Adventure at times. If Adventure is late starting boarding, they have to stop people entering the terminal because there's not enough room.

I don't think the terminal at San Juan could handle Oasis type passenger loads. It already does not have enough space for Adventure at times. If Adventure is late starting boarding, they have to stop people entering the terminal because there's not enough room.

From the Executive Director of PR Tourism last week cdec43ee0f3b702e57f8bdca7247bfcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe if they eliminated Jewel perhaps an Oasis ship will do well.

Not sure how many people (families in particular) would pay Oasis class premiums AND flights to San Juan, which aren't cheap from certain areas.

Sailing out of San Juan would actually entice me to try Oasis class, since I book based on itinerary. The Florida itineraries aren't interesting enough for me to pay the Oasis class premiums.

I do however see where I might be the exception!

I have a very bad feeling about this.

TUI Discovery 3 is coming up in the Gibraltar port schedule May and October 2018

Oh crap. My Rhapsody sailing better not get screwed up.

This is not looking good for one of the Vision Class sisters. :(

Wait, it's showing in May, too?! That's really not good, as that would mean a redeployment.

Oh crap. My Rhapsody sailing better not get screwed up.

This is not looking good for one of the Vision Class sisters. :(

Wait, it's showing in May, too?! That's really not good, as that would mean a redeployment.

My money is on Grandeur leaving (she is the oldest) and maybe Vision coming in to take over.

Rhapsody's 2018 prices seem very low for a 7 night sailing, both in Europe and the Caribbean, so I think that she is going.

Feel bad for the Galveston folks, they should bring Serenade to do the 4/5 day cruises from Galveston and have Adventure take over the 10/11 night itineraries from FLL and Allure doing the 6/8 nighters.

Rhapsody's 2018 prices seem very low for a 7 night sailing, both in Europe and the Caribbean, so I think that she is going.

Feel bad for the Galveston folks, they should bring Serenade to do the 4/5 day cruises from Galveston and have Adventure take over the 10/11 night itineraries from FLL and Allure doing the 6/8 nighters.

I don't think the Galveston sailings are selling all that well either.

So no 12 nighters from Barcelona?

It really pisses me off when Royal does this. Why couldn't they have figured this out a month ago, prior to the itinerary releases..

Maybe they will bring BR back. They didn't have 2 ships last year in the Baltic, did they?

Vision and Serenade will be the Baltic this year

What about 2016?

This is shambolic on Royal's part, they should just say they are selling the ship rather than letting people book with a false sense of security.

This is shambolic on Royal's part, they should just say they are selling the ship rather than letting people book with a false sense of security.

Its a Royal pain in the you know what.

If this somehow impacts Rhapsody, I'm going to be really upset. I gave up a pretty great solo rate on Symphony and switched to Rhapsody.

I don't think the Galveston sailings are selling all that well either.

They likely aren't but we have three booked back to back. They COULD have done amazingly well if RC had been creative with itineraries. 5 night ones and some nine nighters that went to places like Key West, Labadee, San Juan. ANYWHERE besides Progreso, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

They likely aren't but we have three booked back to back. They COULD have done amazingly well if RC had been creative with itineraries. 5 night ones and some nine nighters that went to places like Key West, Labadee, San Juan. ANYWHERE besides Progreso, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

agreed. but the shorter sailings generate more booze and gambling revenue.

agreed. but the shorter sailings generate more booze and gambling revenue.

They already had those cruises going from Galveston on the FUN ships. They could have charged more for that longer itinerary and people would have paid it. I would have.