Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I am looking for a silver lining for the TBD on Australia. On the plus side I will be on a cruise ship most likely when it releases.

Well I personally am going to be very frustrated if it doesn't happen sooner then latter.:(

Belinda

Geoff2802, I hope your guesses are wrong because that means the number of ports that can berth the ships reduce, then the cruises become all about the ship rather than destination calls. There are already too many Australasia and Pacific Island port calls that other lines do which Royal goes nowhere near, so it becomes like the Caribbean same old same old.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

That's what I've been thinking for a while. Even in the Caribbean seems like there's no attempt to show any imagination in new itineraries and so on, very disappointing.:loudcry:

I was told several months ago by a very reliable source that OA class will be able to sail to Aruba, Curaçao, more southern islands, etc within a few years. (thinking 2019 but might have said 2020)

Oasis class could go to ABC islands tomorrow if warranted, the problem is they can't get there in the weekly 7 day cycle (and do all the ports) from FL ports. I suppose once they have 4 O class in FL, they could sprinkle in 9 or 10 day itineraries to break up the usual 7 day ones.

At least till 2019

Part of Radiance Schedule ( I'm guessing this is the Australia Top end Itinerary) Probably Bali is scheduled

Radiance Of The Seas is in Perth on 20th march 2019

Radiance Of The Seas is in Darwin on the 28th march 2019

Raidance Of The Seas is overnighting in Carins on 31 March 2019 and leaving on 1st April 2019 ( Tender)

Voyager Of The Seas is in Cairns on 20 April 2019 on a repositioning back to Singapore ( Previous Port: Airlie Beach, Next Port: Darwin 23 April)

I was told several months ago by a very reliable source that OA class will be able to sail to Aruba, Curaçao, more southern islands, etc within a few years. (thinking 2019 but might have said 2020)

Yes, good call. I remember Aruba & Curacao were discussed in a thread or two quite a while back (maybe last year's deployment thread??) regarding trying to find new ports for Oasis Class. However with entertainment bookings, drink packages, loading/off loading ship schedules, re-stocking food and supplies during cruise, staffing, schedules geared toward family cruising, kids out of school, etc (probably hundreds other issues) I can only guees that a Saturday-to-Saturday or Sunday-to-Sunday schedule are what I believe RCL deems as necessary to fill the ship, and the want Oasis Class to be the focus in order to maximize revenue and not the itinerary.

So where does Oasis Class home port from in order to get to both Aruba and Curacao in a 7 day cruise? The only option I see is from San Juan, 2 days at sea, stop at at Aruba + Curacao, then 2 days at sea back to San Juan for a 7 day cruise. She can then do a St Martin/St Thomas/St Kitts eastern itinerary the next week which could then be a decent b2b for those who can stay on for 14 days. I think Oasis from San Juan could be problematic for families concerning airfare costs for an entire family. So unless RCL plans for more than just the norm 7-day cruises from Miami or FLL, I don't think Oasis goes to the southern route. I guess they will gauge how Freedom Class does down there this coming season.

Yes, good call. I remember Aruba & Curacao were discussed in a thread or two quite a while back (maybe last year's deployment thread??) regarding trying to find new ports for Oasis Class. However with entertainment bookings, drink packages, loading/off loading ship schedules, re-stocking food and supplies during cruise, staffing, schedules geared toward family cruising, kids out of school, etc (probably hundreds other issues) I can only guees that a Saturday-to-Saturday or Sunday-to-Sunday schedule are what I believe RCL deems as necessary to fill the ship, and the want Oasis Class to be the focus in order to maximize revenue and not the itinerary.

So where does Oasis Class home port from in order to get to both Aruba and Curacao in a 7 day cruise? The only option I see is from San Juan, 2 days at sea, stop at at Aruba + Curacao, then 2 days at sea back to San Juan for a 7 day cruise. She can then do a St Martin/St Thomas/St Kitts eastern itinerary the next week which could then be a decent b2b for those who can stay on for 14 days. I think Oasis from San Juan could be problematic for families concerning airfare costs for an entire family. So unless RCL plans for more than just the norm 7-day cruises from Miami or FLL, I don't think Oasis goes to the southern route. I guess they will gauge how Freedom Class does down there this coming season.

Oasis class could go to ABC islands tomorrow if warranted, the problem is they can't get there in the weekly 7 day cycle (and do all the ports) from FL ports. I suppose once they have 4 O class in FL, they could sprinkle in 9 or 10 day itineraries to break up the usual 7 day ones.

Just saw Biker's response... I guess I repeated it :)

I booked my West Med cruise RT from Barcelona on Symphony when they first opened . I was checking the website today and now it is offering cruises departing from Rome as well. Looks like they are doing alternating ports on the same circuit like NCL does with their ships. When did this happen?

I booked my West Med cruise RT from Barcelona on Symphony when they first opened . I was checking the website today and now it is offering cruises departing from Rome as well. Looks like they are doing alternating ports on the same circuit like NCL does with their ships. When did this happen?

RC has been doing interporting from Rome and Barcelona for a few years.

Total agreement and I would never sail the Explorer in Alaska based on the horrible itinerary. Not to mention that the itineraries that interest me are port intensive and the amount of passengers getting off is an issue. Even more so In Alaska where the ports towns are small.....

I just changed from the Symphony to the Jewel in the Med because I don't think there is any advantage to a mega ship there either.

While I have only been to Alaska twice, I actually enjoyed Explorer to Alaska, last year out of Seattle. It is a good itinerary for Alaska "newbies."

I understand what you are saying!!! The person that told me this is also the same person that told me 5 months ago that FR would be moving to SJU and AD to NJ. So I consider the info fairly reliable(at least at the time I was told).

They haven't really been able to replace Harwich.

The TA from Copenhagen to Boston is the most expensive. They might try and add another from Amsterdam

They also might add a few British Isles trips like Princess has done for the last 5 or 6 years

I want to do the british isles so badly! but I only see two that go to Ireland and Scotland. I would like to go in 2019 for my husband's and my birthdays. wish they would do more.

Since Southwest started flying to San Juan the prices have come down across all airlines. We can fly to San Juan just as cheap as flying to Lauderdale, Miami, Houston, or Tampa. Exception being Orlando which is extremely cheap to fly into.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Since Southwest started flying to San Juan the prices have come down across all airlines. We can fly to San Juan just as cheap as flying to Lauderdale, Miami, Houston, or Tampa. Exception being Orlando which is extremely cheap to fly into.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Flights to San Juan from Nebraska where I used to live and from Arizona where I've lived for over 12 years have been equal to or cheaper than flights to Miami since I've been flying there (since 2000). In addition, the actual airfare has not increased noticeably either. Other fees obviously have shown up (baggage, etc). But, when I look at my flights booked on Orbitz in 2004 and 2015 the airfare to San Juan is almost identical. Same goes for airfare to Ft. Lauderdale / Miami.

Since Southwest started flying to San Juan the prices have come down across all airlines. We can fly to San Juan just as cheap as flying to Lauderdale, Miami, Houston, or Tampa.
Flights to San Juan from Nebraska where I used to live and from Arizona where I've lived for over 12 years have been equal to or cheaper than flights to Miami since I've been flying there (since 2000).

Interesting you both say this. I can't count how many times I've seen posts on CC of the airfare being too prohibitive for cruisers to get to SJU. I too over the years have paid almost the same to get to one of Mia, FLL or SJU. Having said that, I think cruisers more and more are not sailing Oasis Class to visit Nassau, St Marten and Cozumel for the 100th time, they're sailing for the ship as the destination (how many threads have we seen lately of not getting off the ship in ports??).

Oasis Class in SJU is nice and all, but that can't happen before the construction of a brand new, high-tech terminal.

Personally, I'd like to see an Oasis Class in SJU. If they can fill Freedom, is it unreasonable to say that they can fill Oasis?

Maybe if they eliminated Jewel perhaps an Oasis ship will do well.

Not sure how many people (families in particular) would pay Oasis class premiums AND flights to San Juan, which aren't cheap from certain areas.