Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I think Passion and Pulse are reportedly going to be the names of Q4 and Q5.

Passion feels more like an Oasis class name tbh. And Pulse of the seas just sounds plain weird. The ship might as well be a whale's heart... Pulse..

Or maybe Explorer will be a year-round option for Australia?

Or various West Coast trips? News out this morning is Carnival will put 4 ships in Long Beach (up from 2) beginning in 2018. Maybe there's money again here.

Or various West Coast trips? News out this morning is Carnival will put 4 ships in Long Beach (up from 2) beginning in 2018. Maybe there's money again here.

As much would be nice have Royal on West Coast again I wouldn't hold my breathe...

I just saw that article. Whoever wrote it, must not have done very much research. Currently the Imagination, Inspiration, and Miracle sail year round out of Long Beach. Next year the Splendor is replacing the Miracle. So Carnival will continue to have 3 ships sailing out of Long Beach, but passenger capacity will increase with the Splendor.

I asked about symphony the first night that it was available to book by phone only-- I was told "that's not the name of any Royal Caribbean ship"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Liberty, they messed up and posted in an elevator that Symphony could be booked the next day. Was the first time I saw Symphony in anything RC printed off. I went to Next cruise and said, I want to book Symphony. They literally said, "We cannot book S until tomorrow" and said they couldn't say the name. That was about 2:30. About 6, Next Cruise called our cabin and said, "Come downstairs. I think we have a ship you want to book". I asked if it was Symphony, and they said "it's the S ship". We have laughed and laughed about them not being able to say the name until the next day. So we booked S very early. Lol

On Liberty, they messed up and posted in an elevator that Symphony could be booked the next day. Was the first time I saw Symphony in anything RC printed off. I went to Next cruise and said, I want to book Symphony. They literally said, "We cannot book S until tomorrow" and said they couldn't say the name. That was about 2:30. About 6, Next Cruise called our cabin and said, "Come downstairs. I think we have a ship you want to book". I asked if it was Symphony, and they said "it's the S ship". We have laughed and laughed about them not being able to say the name until the next day. So we booked S very early. Lol

Well as you already know, I was given electric shocks everytime I said the "S Word" prior to it being official. lol

The word from Nextcruise staff on Rhapsody today is that Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific cruises will go on sale April 27.

They know nothing of any potential change to the deployment of ships to the region or seasonality.

Further, they don't know anything about Vision sailings being withdrawn or the possible sale of any Vision class ship.

So, it's business as usual really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you get a chance please see if they know if Explorer will still be doing the Sydney to Seattle.

Thank you for the info! :D

If you get a chance please see if they know if Explorer will still be doing the Sydney to Seattle.

I may see the next cruise lady in the diamond lounge tonight. I will see if she knows anything :)

I did some digging around today and they know nothing of the Explorer deployment here on board Radiance. They do think that some change is afoot with the Aus deployment given the ongong delays, but of course delays occur every year.

I do agree with others on this thread that a Quantum class ship is likely to replace Explorer in Alaska, Australia and on the Sydney Seattle TP, roughly at the time Q4 comes into service.

I did some digging around today and they know nothing of the Explorer deployment here on board Radiance. They do think that some change is afoot with the Aus deployment given the ongong delays, but of course delays occur every year.

I do agree with others on this thread that a Quantum class ship is likely to replace Explorer in Alaska, Australia and on the Sydney Seattle TP, roughly at the time Q4 comes into service.

Geoff Princess are sending Majestic Princess to Australia instead of China.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16710-majestic-princess-to-australia-seasonally-as-china-capacity-cut.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopster,

If the silhouette as depicted on nautical cities is correct, the Bliss is just a smidgen over 190'. The Lions Gate Bridge is just a tad lower than the BoA, so the air draft won't be an issue at the Canal.

On the Voyager and Freedom class, sometime ago I found on some slide presentation I ran across comparing dimensions of some of the cruise ships of various lines and it had listed the Voyager/Freedom class as 208'. I have tried to find that presentation since just to reconfirm it, but no luck.

Maybe if they want to bring the Explorer back to the East coast and did not want to go the way of Magellan, they could always troll for pirates off Somalia and come via the Suez! But it would be great if they used the "other" Canal:D. I know there is more than just me waiting for Royal's return to that part of the world.

MAX of the Bridge of the Americas is 201 feet at high tide. Since Explorer of the Seas is 206, I would say that Explorer of the Seas could not do a full transit. :( The Bridge of the Americas is on the Pacific side of Panama so any ship could do a half transit to Gatun lake and back out into the Caribbean. :cool:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16710-majestic-princess-to-australia-seasonally-as-china-capacity-cut.html

Thanks for sharing. This is great news for Aussie cruisers.

I could definitely see Royal responding with a step up to two seasonal Quantum class ships.

I have held the view for a few years that China would disappoint as a cruise market. Perhaps they also looked at the climate chart for Shanghai [emoji4]

MAX of the Bridge of the Americas is 201 feet at high tide. Since Explorer of the Seas is 206, I would say that Explorer of the Seas could not do a full transit. :( The Bridge of the Americas is on the Pacific side of Panama so any ship could do a half transit to Gatun lake and back out into the Caribbean. :cool:

Perhaps it's more likely that Explorer would sail to Europe via Asia and the Suez Canal in the event that she is redeployed away from Australia and Alaska, rather than to the US East Coast via the Horn. The seasonality doesn't work for the Horn in any case, since she'd be leaving Australia at the end if the southern summer.

My source tells me Aug 24 2018 will be Shanghai to Sydney (22 nights). Then various itineraries of South Pacific, New Zealand, Tasmania and New Zealand, just Tasmania (most 11-13 nights), followed by Sydney to Shanghai (19 nights) on Mar 26 2019.

Is this for Ovation or Majestic?

Princess exec quoted as saying Majestic will arrive in Sydney on Sep 15, 2018:

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/ahoy-majestic-princess-heading-for-our-waters/

This port slot is held for Golden right now and roughly 18 additional slots are in Sydney ports calendar for her over the 2018/19 season, so it appears that Majestic will take over Golden's cruises from Sydney. No surprise - she's the older of the two larger ships currently operating from Sydney.

Golden now has numerous turnarounds in Melbourne port calendar from Oct to April of that season, so it looks like more cruises for the folks down south.

Slightly OT, sorry.

TG12,

While not trying sidetrack this thread, I'll briefly point out that the present maximum air draft for the BoA is 205'... so the Explorer is not that far out of bounds. Modifications (temp or permanent) could be made to eliminate the excess and/or an exemption sought for the transit. The Canal is reasonable in granting exemptions to the published limits. Tidal swings on the Pacific side are considerable, low tide adds another 21' to the clearance.

Having Royal make a reappearance in this part of the world would be great!

Here are a couple of links previously covering this topic...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51712915#post51712915

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281468

Hi.

Do you know when Q4 will be coming I to service and is it likely to do anything in Europe before home basing somewhere?

Hi.

Do you know when Q4 will be coming into service and is it likely to do anything in Europe (like Q3) before home basing somewhere?

Hi.

Do you know when Q4 will be coming into service and is it likely to do anything in Europe (like Q3) before home basing somewhere?

It depends on when in 2019 it will be finished. If before October, then it will likely have some sailings in Europe before moving on.