Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

No idea, but I'd love it if Explorer or Mariner came back to PC to do the longer Southern Carib cruises that Explorer did for a few months a while back.

I would love them to cruise from Asia and Australia. I hate the larger ships :(

We were on Mariner many times before she went to China including part of the repositioning (got off in Dubai) and we were on her in Asia in October, 2016. At lot of what was being done on her way to Asia has been undone.

The Diamond lounge is back from being a high rollers lounge, the pub which had be turned into a shop, is back and other things had been returned to normal. She is looking much the same as she was when she was based in the US. There is not much that needs to be done to her at all.

I would love them to cruise from Asia and Australia. I hate the larger ships :(

We were on Mariner many times before she went to China including part of the repositioning (got off in Dubai) and we were on her in Asia in October, 2016. At lot of what was being done on her way to Asia has been undone.

The Diamond lounge is back from being a high rollers lounge, the pub which had be turned into a shop, is back and other things had been returned to normal. She is looking much the same as she was when she was based in the US. There is not much that needs to be done to her at all.

I didn't know that. Has Royal ever explained why? Did they perhaps find that the Asian cruising market prefers the glitz of Quantum class and reversed the changes Mariner to attract westerners?

Pity they didn't fix the itineraries too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't know that. Has Royal ever explained why? Did they perhaps find that the Asian cruising market prefers the glitz of Quantum class and reversed the changes Mariner to attract westerners?

Pity they didn't fix the itineraries too. [emoji4]

I think that's exactly it. Put an Asian family on Quantum and Mariner, Quantum would be the more popular choice. Many Asian families would be thrilled with the type of cruising that Quantum offers compared to Mariner. You won't find many passengers in this region that enjoy older and smaller ships such as how the westerners do. In a way (not an insult, cause I'm Asian too) they are more of a uptight and fast paced demographic, hence, the savvy and technologically upgraded ship would win the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or some Panama Canal cruises.
That would be good too. Princess is sailing Caribbean Princess through the new locks round trip from Fort Lauderdale. A Voyager class could do that.

Caribbean Princess = 193 feet tall

Brtidge of Americas = 201 feet mid span

Voyager Class = 208 feet.

The only reason why Caribbean Princess never did the locks before was the dimensions of the actual old locks.

She can now fit into the new locks.

Voyager can fit into the new locks too, but only perhaps under extreme and rare circumstances (per BillB48 and ChengP re tides, time of year. time of day, etc etc) can she ever get under the bridge, If we talk about "1/2" Canal cruises from the Caribbean into Gatun Lake and back out the same way into the Caribbean again, then yes absolutely.

Caribbean Princess = 193 feet tall

Brtidge of Americas = 201 feet mid span

Voyager Class = 208 feet.

The only reason why Caribbean Princess never did the locks before was the dimensions of the actual old locks.

She can now fit into the new locks.

Voyager can fit into the new locks too, but only perhaps under extreme and rare circumstances (per BillB48 and ChengP re tides, time of year. time of day, etc etc) can she ever get under the bridge, If we talk about "1/2" Canal cruises from the Caribbean into Gatun Lake and back out the same way into the Caribbean again, then yes absolutely.

I believe they were talking about a partial transit, ie, a round trip Canal cruise to/from Ft. Lauderdale, turning around in Gatun Lake. That is doable with the new locks, and avoiding Bridge of Americas. :)

Mariner back to California for it's Mexico cruises.

We can always dream, can't we? ;)

Huh??? How do you know that? Could you maybe name any source for that information??

Can't name names, but I have a friend who works for the port of LA.

Also: This isn't a rumor anymore, berths are confirmed and it looks like 2019 Royal Princess in Alaska because there are cruises from LA to Vancouver on the schedule.

Also: This isn't a rumor anymore, berths are confirmed and it looks like 2019 Royal Princess in Alaska because there are cruises from LA to Vancouver on the schedule.

It's Majestic. Not Royal

Majestic is Heading to Australia in 2018 and is pretty much set up to do West Coast and Alaska in 2019.

Royal is heading to Ft Lauderdale at the end of 2018

It's Majestic. Not Royal

Majestic is Heading to Australia in 2018 and is pretty much set up to do West Coast and Alaska in 2019.

Royal is heading to Ft Lauderdale at the end of 2018

It's actually Royal, the schedule is confirmed and Princess also confirmed it with my friend. Majestic is going to AU/China for the time being since it's built for the Chinese market.

It's actually Royal, the schedule is confirmed and Princess also confirmed it with my friend. Majestic is going to AU/China for the time being since it's built for the Chinese market.

Yes, I saw the press release afterwards that stated majestic was going back to China.

So I guess Royal will do a PC at some point.

How does any Royal-class Princess ship gets to Vancouver from Florida?

I believe they were talking about a partial transit, ie, a round trip Canal cruise to/from Ft. Lauderdale, turning around in Gatun Lake. That is doable with the new locks, and avoiding Bridge of Americas. :)

Yes, agreed... exactly what I said pretty much word for word in my original post which you quoted.

I don't think Royal Princess will fit into Vancouver. Bridge Clearance is 200 ft I believe Royal is 217

I don't think Royal Princess will fit into Vancouver. Bridge Clearance is 200 ft I believe Royal is 217

It's on the schedule so people that know this stuff better than I must have made that call. Maybe at low tide? I just know I've seen the schedule and that's what it says.

That's what I was getting at... also can't get to the Pacific under the Bridge of Americas. The clearances for both bridges are almost identical. Around the Horn, and to Seattle... yes. Vancouver... no.

It's on the schedule so people that know this stuff better than I must have made that call. Maybe at low tide? I just know I've seen the schedule and that's what it says.

Maybe "Royal Princess" is a Princess placeholder for one of their other ships.

That's what I was getting at... also can't get to the Pacific under the Bridge of Americas. The clearances for both bridges are almost identical. Around the Horn, and to Seattle... yes. Vancouver... no.

Maybe "Royal Princess" is a Princess placeholder for one of their other ships.

Typically placeholders are the same class of ship, so the only possible other ships would be Regal, Majestic, or any new Royal Class ship. Like I said, my friend has said yes Royal Princess is on the schedule and this is where it's going. Apparently they have all the logistics in place for a Royal Class ship too. I know Princess is planning on releasing these for sale soon since they released west coast sailings around mid-May last year if I remember correctly. He said they've known for a while, but that he thinks the schedules should be out soon to travel agents because they just got final confirmations from Princess not that long ago.

Don't kill the messenger folks! LOL I'm just repeating what I'm hearing. This is the same guy that tipped me off about NCL putting Bliss in LA so I believe what he says. :D

I'd be surprised if Royal P doesn't come to the west coast. There are far too many rumors about this for it not to be true but I'll be very interested to see how she gets into Vancouver.

Maybe Explorer to come back. But where ? [emoji33]

It appears likely that Brisbane will have a new cruise terminal built in time for the 2019/2020 season. Royal will home port a ship there since they have a financial stake in the project. My guess is that Radiance will move to Brisbane and continue with TP and Alaska. Therefore Sydney will be down by one ship (3 rather than the current 4). Due to Sydney OPT capacity constraints they will replace Radiance with a larger ship. Per early posts, we both think a Quantum class is the obvious choice and that this ship will also do TP and Alaska. Explorer may simply stay in Sydney. Why wouldn't Royal deploy Radiance, Explorer and one Quantum ship to Australia and Alaska?

The second Quantum ship would do Australia and China seasonally. Royal has shown no interest in PC or Pacific coastals.

Progress on the Brisbane terminal will be clearer before Royal makes deployment decisions for that season early next year.