Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Actually, ships used to "winter" in Los Angeles and do the Mexican Riviera run, where the weather on Mexico's west coast is not quite so steamy from October-April. Vision was seasonal when it first arrived, early this century, as was Rhapsody before her, and Song of America before that.

We did a Vision Mexican Riviera run over 10 years ago. Loved it and never understood why this seemed to fade into the mist.. Seemed popular but I guess the bean counters know for sure.

We did a Vision Mexican Riviera run over 10 years ago. Loved it and never understood why this seemed to fade into the mist.. Seemed popular but I guess the bean counters know for sure.

I sailed many many times on RCI from San Pedro...a quick easy drive to port for us.

Two of the reasons were the H1N1 virus and the violence...now a days that could apply to many cruise ports...maybe not the exact H1N1 but nothing stopped ships sailing due to the Zika virus.

Many say it was also due to the fact that RCI didn't feel they were profitable (coincidence it happened at the same time) But NCL, PCL and Carnival sail their ships full doing this itinerary.

Still hopeful that in time RCI will rethink their position on our coast...you never know ;)

Mariner will be released with the Singapore deployment. Seems like she won't head to China in 2018. Unless they're holding those.

Unless they are going to swap ships around in a massive deployment change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they are going to swap ships around in a massive deployment change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it too late for a massive ship swap seeing as all other itineraries are already posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't it too late for a massive ship swap seeing as all other itineraries are already posted?

We've seen it before. When Bermuda was not going to get their channel modifed to accommodate Quantum, it was sent to China and Liberty was sent to New Jersey.