Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

The Press Release from Royal Caribbean today. Mariner of the Seas repositioning to Miami after going to Dubai and Barcelona.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1317/royal-caribbeans-newest-quantum-ultra-class-ship-to-sail-from-asia-pacific-in-2019/

Oh well guess the reports were true. So long Mariner Of The Seas. We will miss you! :loudcry::loudcry:

That's deployment cut for Australia and Singapore!

I'm disappointed too...I was hoping for a Singapore-Shanghai again but on a Quantum class this time...now not even sure it's going to be available on the Voyager.

Also not excited about Japan itineraries from Shanghai either.

Well there's always Ovation's repositioning from Singapore to Tianjin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First it was the well loved Rhapsody, then the not so loved Legend and now Voyager. Certainly seems like a cutback in Australian capacity even with Ovation picking up some of the slack.

The Sydney cruise schedule still has Voyager listed for 2018/19 so is there any chance RCCL are keeping an announcement about a Voyager replacement under wraps. Here's hoping anyway.

Well there's always Ovation's repositioning from Singapore to Tianjin.

That's true...but I always love to end up in Shanghai...not a fan of Beijing...but there's always other options to get there..train or plane just hate the hassle.

First it was the well loved Rhapsody, then the not so loved Legend and now Voyager. Certainly seems like a cutback in Australian capacity even with Ovation picking up some of the slack.

The Sydney cruise schedule still has Voyager listed for 2018/19 so is there any chance RCCL are keeping an announcement about a Voyager replacement under wraps. Here's hoping anyway.

Most of the dates in the Sydney Ports calendar don't line up with the schedule planned with RC. Cruise lines have to book so far in advance here in Sydney due to the lack of avaliblity of OPT and have been known to use placeholders in the past. For example Sydney Ports has Expolrer in port on Dec 11 2018, whilst Radiance is actually going to be in port, in addition they claim the first Ovation sailing is on Dec 12 2018 when it's actually on 2 Nov 2018. So I don't think Voyagers calls are placeholders for anything that hasn't already been announced

Vision no longer appears on the Port of Los Angeles calendar. Springaussie previously noted that she was listed on Nov 29, 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Geoff you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Barcelona - Dubai sector when she repositioned to Asia, out of all the Voyager sisters we like her the best, even with the builders onboard readying her for Asia :'):') looking forward to a sector or 2 or maybe even booking all 3.

Thanks everyone for all the information you guys are great :*:):)

We did Galveston to Dubai and I am definitely going to try to be on her from Singapore back to Miami. I love this ship! Hope there is a port stop in Egypt again.

We did Galveston to Dubai and I am definitely going to try to be on her from Singapore back to Miami. I love this ship! Hope there is a port stop in Egypt again.

Once again America stealing our ship :( haha

I'm disappointed...

Also not excited about Japan itineraries from Shanghai either.

I am also disappointed in the Japan itineraries; surprised to see how few cruises stop in Tokyo. Same few stops cruise after cruise. None seem like an "Ultimate Japan" trip to me.

So I don't think Voyagers calls are placeholders for anything that hasn't already been announced

Would basically be placeholders, they are ships all from the same company so really doesn't matter which ship docks they still have the OPT booked. There was only one for Ovation that didn't seem to line up to a RCI booking that is for 21 January 2019 where RCI have no bookings for the OPT, currently booked for Seabourn Odyssey. :confused: