Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

We did Galveston to Dubai and I am definitely going to try to be on her from Singapore back to Miami. I love this ship! Hope there is a port stop in Egypt again.

This cruise was one of the best we have done, loved having the 2 days in Alexandria, hoping for something a little different for the return :D, time will tell.

Any idea of what time of the year the repo will be...ooops just saw WaveSplashers post :)

We did Tampa to Singapore in 2016 on Brilliance/Ovation (changed ships in Barcelona). It was fantastic. I suspect more or less the same ports in reverse for the Mariner global odyssey (at least until Barcelona). That would be Malaysia, Cochin(India), Oman, Dubai, Jordan, Suez Canal, Athens, Naples, Rome and Barcelona.

Hopefully they will throw in another port or two. There were a lot of sea days from Oman to India and India to Malaysia.

Going west will be even better as you will be frequently gaining hours instead of losing them!

Very grateful to those who have shared the upcoming releases for the Asia / Australian market. I am glad to see that despite some of the changes to the Sydney port, it appears that plans are still going ahead for Radiance of the Seas to have the Sydney to Hawaii TP as it has done recently.

Also now interested in Mariner of the Seas 'Global Odyssey' legs featuring Dubai -- either Singapore to Dubai or Dubai to Barcelona. Can't wait to see the full itineraries!

The Mariner would replace the Enchantment upon arrival to Miami on the 3/4 night cruises, which would in turn move to PC in order to take over the previously scheduled sailings for the Majesty.

Perhaps, but that is later in 2019 - a Vision class ship may leave the fleet before then. At some point all ships will leave the fleet, it's just a matter of time. It could be 2019 for Majesty.

That may also mean that when Pulse is also made Asia specific, Quantum will be de-Asianised and returns to the US like Mariner.

Just realized that the timing for Quantum's first dry dock is late 2019 - perfect time to de-Asianise her and return to the US. Since it's unlikely the dry dock will be in Asia, she'll probably be moved to Europe first.

Good to hear Mariner is coming home.

Just realized that the timing for Quantum's first dry dock is late 2019 - perfect time to de-Asianise her and return to the US. Since it's unlikely the dry dock will be in Asia, she'll probably be moved to Europe first.

Why do you think that all ships are "home" in the US? My understanding is that the company is Royal Caribbean International is an international company and therefore can be home ported through out the World not just in the US.

Why do you think that all ships are "home" in the US? My understanding is that the company is Royal Caribbean International is an international company and therefore can be home ported through out the World not just in the US.

I don't really think Mariner's rightful home is in the US, it was just a sentimental thought, no offense intended.

Most ships, including Quantum, started in the US. I said return to the US and not "home".;)

BTW, RCI and parent RCCL may seem like an international company but RCI HQ is in Miami (with the majority of the shoreside employees) and their stock is listed on the NYSE.

Most ships, including Quantum, started in the US. I said return to the US and not "home".;)

BTW, RCI and parent RCCL may seem like an international company but RCI HQ is in Miami (with the majority of the shoreside employees) and their stock is listed on the NYSE.

Further, the Mariner began her career in Florida and the Voyager-Class ships (like Oasis) were explicitly designed for Caribbean and warm weather sailings, they migrated to other markets with the growth in popularity of of Europe, Asia, and Australia sailings.

Like Clarea said- it's a natural and sentimental feeling that Mariner is coming "home".

I know we are all assuming that Mariner will do the Global Odyssey around March 19 - but is it possible that she will do additional Singapore cruises during the summer and the three cruises will occur in the fall like other TAs - or has that already been ruled out. It just seems strange for a ship to arrive in Florida during the summer.

I know we are all assuming that Mariner will do the Global Odyssey around March 19 - but is it possible that she will do additional Singapore cruises during the summer and the three cruises will occur in the fall like other TAs - or has that already been ruled out. It just seems strange for a ship to arrive in Florida during the summer.

This is very unlikely. All of Royal's seasons in Singapore end sometime in March. Guess it is not in favour of the market outside of the peak travel season.

It just seems strange for a ship to arrive in Florida during the summer.

That Global Odyssey could be interrupted along the way (like in Europe) so the TA lines up with traditional times. An April TA in the wrong direction would be interesting.

If it is to do 3/4's, that is a summer cruise season

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Perhaps, but that is later in 2019 - a Vision class ship may leave the fleet before then. At some point all ships will leave the fleet, it's just a matter of time. It could be 2019 for Majesty.

I think Royal is planning to use Majesty for Cuba. At least that's the impression I got from Michael Bayley's comment.

Quantums dry dock will most likely take place in Singapore or China. There is absolutely no reason to transport her to Europe or the US.

A bit confused .... when will 2019 Singapore open...specifically what is the chance of a Singapore-Shanghai in March 2019 and on possibly what ship ?

May 16th along with Australia.

Mariner's global odyssey will open May 2nd.

No word on Miami sailings or even a hint of what they are.

Quantums dry dock will most likely take place in Singapore or China.

Based on what? I don't know of a dry dock in Asia for an RCI ship in the past 2+ years. Not only that, it would be unsual to home port a ship in the same location for 4+ years. Heck, even Freedom finally left PE.