Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

My money is on Grandeur leaving (she is the oldest) and maybe Vision coming in to take over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was Grandeur in an accident some time ago where it took an impact up between just below the port-side front deck (the crew only area) and above where the anchor is stored?

I recall the area looked uneven (as if a huge gradual dent) compared to the starboard side as it backed out and then turned to pull away from us when we were docked next to it in Labadee a few years back.

atgood

Was Grandeur in an accident some time ago where it took an impact up between just below the port-side front deck (the crew only area) and above where the anchor is stored?

I recall the area looked uneven (as if a huge gradual dent) compared to the starboard side as it backed out and then turned to pull away from us when we were docked next to it in Labadee a few years back.

atgood

https://www.google.ca/search?q=grandeur+of+the+seas+accident+costa+maya&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwihg9qxxZvTAhWDLmMKHZ4lDEwQ_AUIBygC&biw=1600&bih=745&dpr=1#imgrc=_

http://www.cruiseminus.com/grandeur-of-the-seas/

• "April 20, 2005, while maneuvering for docking in Costa Maya, Mexico, the ship crushed in the pier. The collision resulted in a 42 ft / 13 m long, 5 ft / 1,5 m wide gush in the hull. The damaged section was located bow-starboard on crew deck 1 (~5 ft / 1,5 m above waterline). Royal Caribbean later announced that the accident was due to sudden winds (17 mph / 28 kph) combined with strong water current (3,5 mph / 5,6 kph). Because the vessel had to stay in Costa Maya 2 more days for materials to patch the gash, the next 7-day itinerary was shortened to 5-days."

agreed. but the shorter sailings generate more booze and gambling revenue.
They already had those cruises going from Galveston on the FUN ships. They could have charged more for that longer itinerary and people would have paid it. I would have.

I agree with cruiseboy305. Besides that I thought the Galveston deployment was very weird last year when announced... kind of like "Gee, we have no where to put Vision... where can we get the best deal with the cheapest costs to park her for a season until we can figure things out?" Looks like Galveston made the best offer to me.... had nothing to do with Galveston being desirable or another RCL ship needed there in my humble opinion. I'm guessing RCL needs to sell Vision cruises as cheaply as possible. I think for your longer and much better itinerary you'll need to see Celebrity or Azamara come into town.

My guess is that RCL out of Galveston will likely be doing the same Cozumel/Costa Maya/Roatan run for another decade, and will continue to do so for years to come even with Oasis XII when they send her over to Galveston in 2026 ;p

(The other 11 will be in Florida doing the same Western/Eastern itineraries and all the Freedom Class ships will be sold off by then to Pulmantur :rolleyes::()

I'm glad Vision is coming to Galveston. We sailed on her in the Med last fall and it's a great ship. Liberty is doing very well there. Will be interesting in 2018 when C sends Vista there to see how it goes. Liberty has many C cruisers coming over who are loving and liberty and RC.

I have a very bad feeling about this.

TUI Discovery 3 is coming up in the Gibraltar port schedule May and October 2018

fd95d59a58ec84191c2c61138440efb7.jpg

Erik...I posted a picture onto the RC Club FB page but it won't let me upload it here. Appartently the current Mein Schiff 1 & 2 are going to renamed TUI Discovery 3 & 4 once they move over to TUI.

Erik...I posted a picture onto the RC Club FB page but it won't let me upload it here. Appartently the current Mein Schiff 1 & 2 are going to renamed TUI Discovery 3 & 4 once they move over to TUI.

I see.... this all too much for me before coffee lol [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

M ages sense as Tui have taken delivery of MS 5

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

Now I think about it, that is correct.

Here, I found an article: http://cruisecapital.co.uk/upcoming-tui-cruise-ships-will-be-renamed-mein-schiff-1-and-2/

She also revealed that the original Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2, which will leave the fleet in 2018 and 2019, will be named TUI Discovery 3 and TUI Discovery 4 when they sail with Thomson Cruises.

Has anyone heard about the progress on the build of the first icon class ship?

I heard it will be deployed to Australia - home port Brisbane aligned to new terminal build scheduled for 2019/2020 season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard it will be deployed to Australia - home port Brisbane aligned to new terminal build scheduled for 2019/2020 season!

First off, the first ship isn't due out until 2022.

Second off, I really doubt Royal will place the first of a brand new class in Brisbane.

First off, the first ship isn't due out until 2022.

Second off, I really doubt Royal will place the first of a brand new class in Brisbane.

Well Maybe if it alternates between Brisbane and Asia, it could happen. Unless Royal decides to go full time in Australia. If it isn't Brisbane, Sydney is the alternate.

What about 2016?

This is shambolic on Royal's part, they should just say they are selling the ship rather than letting people book with a false sense of security.

Agreed. Royal is also treating its passengers in the same manner with regards to converting a sailing we are booked on into a charter. They waited 5 months after the charter was announced on another website before telling us that we had just 2 weeks to make alternate plans. Now I completely understand -- so no need to remind me -- that RCI is in business to make a profit, but how they go about it is questionable. Annoying its customers is usually not the preferred method.:o

Icon is still a long way off. Construction hasn't even started and the ink is barely dry on the notice of intent. There are still 2 Oasis ships and 2 Quantum on the way before. the only bit of information that we have about Icon is that it will be called Icon. i haven't heard that she will be deployed to Australia and neither has anybody else on earth for that matter. Maybe Quantum 4? Very likely but not Brisbane.

At least till 2019

Voyager Of The Seas is in Cairns on 20 April 2019 on a repositioning back to Singapore ( Previous Port: Airlie Beach, Next Port: Darwin 23 April)

Hong Kong Ports claim Voyager is port 1 May 2019

Sydney Ports claim Voyager is in port 23 April 2019.

Hong Kong Ports claim Voyager is port 1 May 2019

Sydney Ports claim Voyager is in port 23 April 2019.

I'm trying to wait for the release as there was quite an oddity with Radiance -- last in port in Sydney 24 April 2019, yet is somehow in Papeete, Tahiti for 27 April 2019. There's just NO way that information is accurate... so going to have to hold out for the full itineraries to be released.

Any one know the approx timeframe now that RCI will open Singapore as well as China schedules ? So tired of waiting and hearing random dates that come and go and the dreaded TBD.

China will be released the Week of April 24th.

I was told by 2 different people that Australia and Singapore sailings will open the first week of May.

I'm trying to wait for the release as there was quite an oddity with Radiance -- last in port in Sydney 24 April 2019, yet is somehow in Papeete, Tahiti for 27 April 2019. There's just NO way that information is accurate... so going to have to hold out for the full itineraries to be released.

Explorer has no bookings in Hawaii westbound October 2018.

Explorer has no bookings in Hawaii westbound October 2018.

Seems to also go well with the theory that a Q Class will take the Alaska runs for the 2019 summer. But now, where does Explorer go?

I know we've gone over this 1000 times, but can Explorer get through the Panama Canal? The new Norwegian Bliss can.