ID and money on water shore excursiions

Lofbtotrafbel

We use little aquaboxes, watertight plastic packs with a hip belt. We only take a bit of cash, ship card, drivers license, and photocopy of passport picture page (which is in its own little ziplock bag).

Might look dorky, but I just channel Ursula Andress in Dr. No.

When going to any beach to snorkel or just swim, what do you keep your ID and money in? Want to keep it on me so it s not stolen but also keep it dry.

DH uses a water wallet that we put our ships sea passes in as well as some cash.

I purchased a KYSS bag a couple years bag that is a beach bag with a nice lock and chain on it, that we secure to a lounger when at the beach.

Great invention, and use it all the time, even on board when at the pool attach to two loungers to save our spot, when swimming not hogging (:eek:)

We keep our sun tan lotions, shoes water camera (when not with us) and never had a problem.

Enjoy WE do

We have plenty of the ones you can wear around your neck or waist that we bought from Disney World . Not sure what the actual name is but they are made just for situations like this. I have one that my camera can fit into. We will be using ours for Dunn's River Falls :)

When going to any beach to snorkel or just swim, what do you keep your ID and money in? Want to keep it on me so it s not stolen but also keep it dry.

There are several waterproof bags, wallets, plastic boxes ... that will serve your needs. Some you can get via mail order, some you can get from a store that sells items to people who go camping on canoes and kayaks, and some you can even get on the ship itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon has these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HNNZ78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a waterproof bag that floats. We lost a phone on the river that was protected from getting wet but it fell into the river and sank to the bottom in the bag. So obviously it's great for the bag to protect the phone but it does not do any good if it's just going to sink the bottom and be lost forever, especially in a situation like the ocean.

Amazon has these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HNNZ78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a waterproof bag that floats. We lost a phone on the river that was protected from getting wet but it fell into the river and sank to the bottom in the bag. So obviously it's great for the bag to protect the phone but it does not do any good if it's just going to sink the bottom and be lost forever, especially in a situation like the ocean.

I think I'm going to order each of us one of these for our upcoming cruises. This one seems to make the most sense because we have a case on each of our phones, making them more bulky and because this one floats. This will be a great pre-cruise gift for everyone. Thanks for posting it.

Was at a beach in Jamaica a few years back swimming. I carry a waterproof case with a lanyard for my stuff. I had it in my pocket and I thought secured to the loop in the pocket for things like this. Swam around a while and reached in my pocket and my case was gone. Had my ID, Ship card, cash. I was freaking out. Me and my wife just started walking around in the water looking since the case could float. I honestly felt no hope and didn't know what I was going to do.

Was a very sparsely occupied beach and while walking around, a lady and a little probably 6 or 7 year old girl asked if I lost anything. I described what I lost and she told me the girl found it.

She was my absolute HERO, I thanked her profusely and tried to give her all the money I had in my case but they refused. Wonderful people.

Saw her later on the ship and could not stop thanking her. She saved my tail.

The moral of the story is secure whatever you take in the water with you. It could float away.