Taking water on board Emerald Princess

Dorset Cruiser

Is this still allowed? Getting conflicting answers.

TIA ��

Yes, water & soda are allowed during embarkation & from ports.

Carnival Cruises changed their policy probably because booze smuggling is more common but there's no change with Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Second quick answer: why bother?

The tap water is free as are the ice cubes.

I know the tap water is free and perfectly fine to drink and I do drink it in the MDR but I like to have bottled water in the cabin and for taking ashore. I don't drink water out of my own bathroom tap and I won't drink it out of a tap in the cabin bathroom.

Just wanted to make sure I could take it onboard from the various port stops. If not, I will order a water package but I can buy it ashore much cheaper than the Princess price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know the tap water is free and perfectly fine to drink and I do drink it in the MDR but I like to have bottled water in the cabin and for taking ashore. I don't drink water out of my own bathroom tap and I won't drink it out of a tap in the cabin bathroom.

Just wanted to make sure I could take it onboard from the various port stops. If not, I will order a water package but I can buy it ashore much cheaper than the Princess price.

We carry filtered refillable bottles with us. I have no problem with the bathroom tap.

Edited by TracieABD

Or you can order a flat of water for $6.90 on your Cruise Personalizer. So much easier than lugging water aboard.

We don't take bottled water but we're considering this option to have a few bottles which must be purchased prior to the cruise.

"12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge".

We use a Brita filtered 20 oz refillable wide mouth bottle...easy to fill at the buffet where we put ice in a glass to put in our bottle before filling it with water from the buffet. It's just another option that works great for us to have ice cold water but maybe not your best option.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I took my large travel tumbler up to the buffet. I took a clean glass from the stack and used it to fill up the tumbler--it would hold ice + 2 glasses of water. There is a sign instructing that you may not fill water bottles directly from the dispenser, but it doesn't say anything about a other glasses. I just decided to not give the staff a reason to challenge me.

The insulated tumbler was great for around the ship. We did each carry an empty water bottle on board which we would fill for excursions.

I know the tap water is free and perfectly fine to drink and I do drink it in the MDR but I don't drink water out of my own bathroom tap and I won't drink it out of a tap in the cabin bathroom.

The water in the MDR is the same water as in the bathroom tap. Am curious, does OP have 2 water systems in his house, one for the kitchen sink which is used for cooking and drinking and another system for his bathroom tap since he won't use it for drinking. Just asking.

We don't take bottled water but we're considering this option to have a few bottles which must be purchased prior to the cruise.

"12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge".

We use a Brita filtered 20 oz refillable wide mouth bottle...easy to fill at the buffet where we put ice in a glass to put in our bottle before filling it with water from the buffet. It's just another option that works great for us to have ice cold water but maybe not your best option.

We used to cart on a case of water by slapping a luggage tag on there, but on our last cruise we ordered a couple 12-packs from Princess. It made life SO much easier. Upon boarding there was a card in our cabin with a number to call to redeem package

After our call was placed the package was delivered promptly

We feel that it is worth the extra $3 or so per 12-pack to not have to deal with carting the water onboard. To those who question why some of us don't drink the tap water, we do drink the tap water in the restaurants, but we always bring a couple bottles of water each with us on excursions, and in the middle of the night we like our water cold as opposed to drinking the warm tap water that flows from the faucet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We used to cart on a case of water by slapping a luggage tag on there, but on our last cruise we ordered a couple 12-packs from Princess. It made life SO much easier. Upon boarding there was a card in our cabin with a number to call to redeem package

We feel that it is worth the extra $3 or so per 12-pack to not have to deal with carting the water onboard. To those who question why some of us don't drink the tap water, we do drink the tap water in the restaurants, but we always bring a couple bottles of water each with us on excursions, and in the middle of the night we like our water cold as opposed to drinking the warm tap water that flows from the faucet.

Thanks for the procedure & sharing your experience because we're considering the water package to use in ports after our refillable water bottle is empty.

It's good to have options but the cold water in my refillable Brita bottle is also cold when in the fridge or even elsewhere when adding ice in the wide mouth bottle. ;)

I agree. We now pre-order the 12-pack bottled water. Reasonable price.

Do you think that whatever happens in the bathroom goes up the water faucet? If you are really worried about bathroom stuff in the faucet, run it for a minute before you fill your glass.

DON

Certainly not the 24 for $6.99, in fact pretty sure no bottled water package at all.

We can't do it either. ;)

Bottled Water Package

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer.

$6.90

for 12 (500 ml) bottles