Thanksgiving menus on RCCL

pjchow

Is is possible that someone may have the menu in the dining rooms for Thanksgiving Day?

We have not sailed on a holiday. However this year our group of 35 is sailing on the Oasis and wondering what to expect.

Thank you in advance

Is is possible that someone may have the menu in the dining rooms for Thanksgiving Day?

We have not sailed on a holiday. However this year our group of 35 is sailing on the Oasis and wondering what to expect.

Thank you in advance

Our experience is that one if the entrees will be turkey and stuffing.

We were on the Navigator for Thanksgiving four years ago. Our MDR table was concerned about the menu for that day and they brought us the menu the night before. No yams were on the menu and the chef made some specially for our table. They try to make an authentic Thanksgiving meal but there are few American chefs. We enjoyed the meal, including the turkey and pumpkin pie. I enjoyed not having to prepare Thanksgiving dinner!

We have sailed on a number of Thanksgiving cruises and the menu is basically a slightly enhanced American night menu. They print the menu on a special paper and let you take it home as a souvenir, but sorry to say i never kept it.

Typically they just rearrange the night when the American dinner is served to be on Thanksgiving. If you're expecting it to be like a traditional home cooked Thanksgiving, you will be disappointed. It's a typical RCCL turkey dinner, so if you go in with those expectations and that you're thankful to be on a cruise with family and/or friends then you will have a great dinner.

Cant remember if this will be our 6th or 7th Thanksgiving at sea. It has changed and improved each year though.

Our experience has been that they serve the same menu as per usual but also offer turkey and fixings as an option for that night. The Turkey has been consistently good, the fixings vary from year to year, I find when they "keep it simple" it has been good when they try to get creative it comes out wrong. Either way it beats cooking, cleaning and associated drama at home !

The turkey dinner is on the menu that is almost always used on the final day of every cruise. I could never understand why anyone would eat turkey on a cruise. It seems such an ordinary, pedestrian meal to me. That may well come from the fact that back in my starving student days, turkey would go on sale for 19 cents a pound and we would eat turkey for days. :eek:

I once asked our headwaiter, and he said that this is the most ordered choice on that night!

So, OP, there will be turkey. :D

Do they do a thanksgiving menu on all the ships?. I only ask because I'm Australian and will be on explorer on what happens to be thanksgiving... And explorer is based in Sydney that time of year...

And I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk