Tell me about Amber Cove...

dizlove

You can also enjoy the great pool and shopping without buying an excursion. It is right at the dock. The "tricycle" taxis work for tips. It was raining so both of us rode back for $5. It is a long dock to walk. There was a very nice amber shop, if you like that. the pool has lots of chairs (free), umbrellas (for fee, unless you get there late like we did), waterslide and zipline (additional charge for zip), swim up bar. No beach.

Amber Cove was built by Carnival Cruise Lines, not sure if Princess stops there but Carnival and Holland America do, we'll be there in December for the 1st time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Amber Cove, gives great details[emoji41] Princess and Costa also stops at this new port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. It appears to be very new and built just as a cruise port stop. We are going to be on the Regal in March and scheduled to stop there for the day. Since with life in Lauderdale the pool and sun activities do not interest me. Usually the best food in any port in aboard the ship, so we will likely just stay on board and may have a "port day spa discount' excursion!

Thanks for the info. It appears to be very new and built just as a cruise port stop. We are going to be on the Regal in March and scheduled to stop there for the day. Since with life in Lauderdale the pool and sun activities do not interest me. Usually the best food in any port in aboard the ship, so we will likely just stay on board and may have a "port day spa discount' excursion!

There will be more information November /December of this year under the Princess boards. I believe October 2015 was the first time that any of the cruise ships stopped in the Amber cove port. I will probably do a live from and definitely a review for November 13 on the Regal .

In Amber Cove we are doing a Princess excursion ,because we don't care to hang out at the pool ,zip line etc. We would rather see the Dominican Republic-get out there. So we're taking an excursion that includes a local house, local school, a little time at a beach, and includes lunch and it's on an open air type Safari vehicle. So I will know more about it after we take that excursion. But I've read great reviews on this excursion.

There is lots of information under the Dominican Republic /Amber Cove boards especially about the port itself and the pools. There's also plenty of YouTube videos describing and seeing the pool area. But not much information about what's beyond the port.

Julie

• 4 months later...

We picked up a tour of Puerto Plata too when we got off the ship (didn't want lunch) since we had never been to the DR before. We also took the cable car ride--really enjoyed that.

Amber Cove was new and pretty; we spent a little time at the pool after our tour but it's not the kind of thing we really enjoy. We'd rather go to an actual beach, or do an active or cultural tour.

People riding the zip line looked like they were having fun; it's not a long ride, but the price for unlimited rides was cheap.