question about booking for a solo trip (cabin cost)

Fastdak25

I understand (cause I have done it before) that sailing solo means you pay he full price of the cabin, and that listings shown are actually half the total cost (split between 2 passengers). So why is it just now looking at a cruise on Allure I see a balcony listed for $1400 is (avg 740 some per person), but when I set the passenger count to 1 that room goes away and the cheapest balcony is almost $1800? Can I not get that other room and pay the 1400 and change that a couple would?

I understand (cause I have done it before) that sailing solo means you pay he full price of the cabin, and that listings shown are actually half the total cost (split between 2 passengers). So why is it just now looking at a cruise on Allure I see a balcony listed for $1400 is (avg 740 some per person), but when I set the passenger count to 1 that room goes away and the cheapest balcony is almost $1800? Can I not get that other room and pay the 1400 and change that a couple would?

I can't comment about the specific cruise you are viewing, but I have another suggestion.

There ARE cruises that do not charge the full 200%for a solo. I don't know any way of finding them other than to just price, price, price on the website.

Travel agents can probably see it on their TA website, so you may want to use a TA.

GOOD LUCK!

Put in a fake name (your sister, brother) doesn't matter. If they are a no show at the port, you will get the taxes and port fees back, I believe.

There ARE cruises that do not charge the full 200%for a solo. I don't know any way of finding them other than to just price, price, price on the website.

There are some on this week's GGG flier.;)

To the OP: like many other IT issues, this is likely a glitch and you'd have to call to get the correct price.

Edited by Biker19

Allure doesn't, but other ships do. Actually, Harmony, another Oasis class ship, has an SO category (solo oceanview).

No one said other ships don't have solo cabins. The OP is talking about booking Allure. If they book as a solo, on Allure, they will get double points. If they fake a name, as a previous poster suggested, and have that person no show, the OP will not get double points.

Not true.

If the second person is a no show, you get double points and the taxes refunded.

The OP is correct. Sometimes when you put in 1 person, the price is higher than for two people.

This is especially true on Christmas and New Year's Eve cruises.

I just put in two people and get the taxes refunded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cost shown on website is per person if two are in room. plus port taxes and fees. A solo pays 200% usually plus taxes and port fees for only one.