Complaints

Or what really sets me off is when I don't get a towel animal. What's worse is none of my letters to the CEO were answered.

My personal pet peeve is that I'm only assigned one room steward. Having two would just my cruise so much easier and better!!

Maybe I'm just a relaxed, laid back person that is happy to be on the right side of the grass and that's why i don't get the constant complaining some of my fellow cruisers do. I just dont get it! One couple complaining about the room being under a pool and hearing noises......you booked your room under a pool! One person said the people next door were playing cards at 2 a.m. and it was loud.......You're on a cruise and some people like have a good time! The food wasn't great....you're basically on a floating soup kitchen feeding 5000 people. It's to crowded in the windjammer. .....it's 8 billion other places on the ship to eat! Drinks are to expensive. ....stay home! Internet sucks.....you're in the middle of the ocean and should be enjoying the trip anyway instead of updating your Facebook. The people next to us in the Mdr were laughing loud.....people do realize that this the only time of year some of these people get together, let them enjoy themselves!!!!!!

People need to enjoy things a little more, life is short no need to keep a stick up your butt. Now legitimate issues yes complain, but some of you go waaaayyyyy to far!

This

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My only complaint is that I am a few dollars short of purchasing my dream:

http://aboardtheworld.com/residences/three-bedroom-residences/

I followed the link and enjoyed the pictures. The fact that no prices were quoted convinced me we can't afford it, so I guess we'll just continue cruising with RCI as often as possible. Thanks for the tour!

Twice we've been seated with people in the MDR who were chronic complainers. The first time a man at our table spent the whole first dinner complaining about how the dress code wasn't being enforced. One of our table mates took care of it by mentioning that he wasn't going to wear a suit for formal night. The next evening the complainer was gone - he had requested a different table. We had a new couple who fit in just fine and we had lots of fun.

The second complainer could never find anything edible in the MDR. The head waiter brought him the next night's menu every evening, and he grumbled over the poor choices. Then, the next night he complained about how they cooked it. With our experience now I think we would ask to be moved instead of putting up with that for a week, but we were new and naive at the time.

After 32 cruises that's not bad - we've met many enjoyable people, some of whom are still our friends.

Margy

Maybe I'm just a relaxed, laid back person that is happy to be on the right side of the grass and that's why i don't get the constant complaining some of my fellow cruisers do. I just dont get it! One couple complaining about the room being under a pool and hearing noises......you booked your room under a pool! One person said the people next door were playing cards at 2 a.m. and it was loud.......You're on a cruise and some people like have a good time! The food wasn't great....you're basically on a floating soup kitchen feeding 5000 people. It's to crowded in the windjammer. .....it's 8 billion other places on the ship to eat! Drinks are to expensive. ....stay home! Internet sucks.....you're in the middle of the ocean and should be enjoying the trip anyway instead of updating your Facebook. The people next to us in the Mdr were laughing loud.....people do realize that this the only time of year some of these people get together, let them enjoy themselves!!!!!!

People need to enjoy things a little more, life is short no need to keep a stick up your butt. Now legitimate issues yes complain, but some of you go waaaayyyyy to far!

I couldn't agree more! Some people are just miserably ridiculous and find something to complain about no matter what. Give me an outside balcony cabin, dinner in the MDR, sunny 82° degree weather, a Pína Colada and few dollars to buy souvenirs while in port and I'm great!

Back in 2004, I was in a GS on the Mariner of the Seas. We hung out in the CL a few mornings chatting with the concierge and eating the breakfast. There was a couple in the CL who had taken 20 cruises on Royal. They were complaining about everything in the ship. Food, room size, people, other customers, etc. etc. etc. After the third day of this, I finally asked them why do they cruise if they hate it so much? Well they said that they enjoy the cruise. But what they really enjoyed was complaining.

Unless there is something really wrong (too hot in my cabin, etc.) I usually let things slide. A day on a cruise ship is still better than a day at work.

The only thing I complain about is having to get off.

I've always wondered why the people who seem to complain the most are people who continue to cruise on the same line? Some of the biggest complainers I've come across are frequent cruisers in the DL/CL. Why keep spending thousands of dollars to keep doing something you are not happy with?

Sherri:)

I've always wondered why the people who seem to complain the most are people who continue to cruise on the same line? Some of the biggest complainers I've come across are frequent cruisers in the DL/CL. Why keep spending thousands of dollars to keep doing something you are not happy with?

Now I have always wondered that myself! If I frequent businesses that are bad I may give them a second chance but I go by the rule.....

Fool me once shame on me.....Fool me twice shame on you! But you won't get a third and fourth and fifth and sixth................

Now I have always wondered that myself! If I frequent businesses that are bad I may give them a second chance but I go by the rule.....

Fool me once shame on me.....Fool me twice shame on you! But you won't get a third and fourth and fifth and sixth................

Well said!

Margy

As most here have stated, I just don't get all the complaints. Nothing is ever perfect. I like what the one person said, Bad day on a cruise is better than a Good day at work (well, I guess unless you are retired, which it appears most of the people on here apparently on, going on 15 cruises a year!) LOL

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

This phenomenon has befuddle me for years.

I am flabbergasted by posts that start out with "I am Plutonium level" and summarily continue with the likes of "This was the worst cruise ever and things have being going badly for years." Checking those posters self-serving signatures, they flaunt multiple future cruise bookings.

It's kind of like saying "I'm proudly at the pinnacle Golden Arches level for eating at McDonalds every day but I'm ticked off that it's put me in poor health and overweight."

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result? I'd say it fits those who can't figure out what the real problem is.

Edited by StolidCruiser

Hmmmmmmm..... You created a post to complain about complaints. Is this your 1st time on a message board?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I happen to agree, complainers suck … not too happy to see complainers about complaint complainers either. I'll continue to enjoy my cruises. :eek:

My personal pet peeve is that I'm only assigned one room steward. Having two would just my cruise so much easier and better!!

Try Celebrity. Each stateroom has two stewards (well, one is an assistant but the numbers are there!).

… not too happy to see complainers about complaint complainers either. I'll continue to enjoy my cruises. :eek:

LOL!!! Me too! :D

your comment about a floating soup kitchen?????

One couple complaining about the room being under a pool and hearing noises......you booked your room under a pool! One person said the people next door were playing cards at 2 a.m. and it was loud.......

See not everyone that cruises is knowledgeable as the people who frequent cruise critic and they probably don't know they booked a room under the pool. Yes, they probably should have taken the time to find out where their cabin was located but a lot of people just book and go.

If the people next door to us were loud at anytime after midnight and I couldn't sleep I would be calling Guest Services. It is just rude to be that loud after a certain hour. I would definitely complain about that.

See not everyone that cruises is knowledgeable as the people who frequent cruise critic and they probably don't know they booked a room under the pool. Yes, they probably should have taken the time to find out where their cabin was located but a lot of people just book and go.

If the people next door to us were loud at anytime after midnight and I couldn't sleep I would be calling Guest Services. It is just rude to be that loud after a certain hour. I would definitely complain about that.

I'd have to agree here, I'm not a complainer but I'd have to tell the people next door to keep it quiet after midnight , that's just common courtesy. Just because your on vaca doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a person that speaks my language... Well done! :p:):cool::D:rolleyes:;)

I am flabbergasted by posts that start out with "I am Plutonium level" and summarily continue with the likes of "This was the worst cruise ever and things have being going badly for years." Checking those posters self-serving signatures, they flaunt multiple future cruise bookings.

It's kind of like saying "I'm proudly at the pinnacle Golden Arches level for eating at McDonalds every day but I'm ticked off that it's put me in poor health and overweight."

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result? I'd say it fits those who can't figure out what the real problem is.

"I am Plutonium level" :):D

I don't care what you say...that's funny!

Too funny!:D:D

A CL concierge told me once that some frequent cruisers seem to feel it's their job to point out "deficiencies" on the ship, yet they continue to book cruises on the same ship each year. I have found complainers in the DL/CL can be quite entertaining when they are loud about their complaints!

We have loved each one of our 40 cruises and I don't think we've ever complained about anything. What's to complain about when you can afford to be on a vacation on a cruise ship?:D