Perk for Anniversary on Carnival?

jxtgreek

Can someone tell me what Carnival does if you are celebrating an anniversary? I have heard multiple descriptions from nothing to chocolate covered strawberries, to free drinks. I hope someone who has experienced this can let us know.

Can someone tell me what Carnival does if you are celebrating an anniversary? I have heard multiple descriptions from nothing to chocolate covered strawberries, to free drinks. I hope someone who has experienced this can let us know.

They will put a candle on a piece of cake and sing happy birthday or anniversary to you

Well in April we celebrated our 30th and received several items. First a free dinner for 2 at Cucina or Jijis (which we chose Cucina :D) also a free spa gift valued at $50 (which we never really used :eek:) and also a free bottle of wine(which we purchased in main DR :D) overall we were really impressed and hadn't expected anything. Was a really nice surprise! Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

I contacted John Herald ad for or 50th we got nothing. Was I mad? No, Carnival has a lot more to worry about then my anniversary. So, our traveling companions (sister and cousin) shared a bottle of wine at dinner and the wait staff noticing we were celebrating brought a small cake with a candle sang. Very memorable.

Well in April we celebrated our 30th and received several items. First a free dinner for 2 at Cucina or Jijis (which we chose Cucina :D) also a free spa gift valued at $50 (which we never really used :eek:) and also a free bottle of wine(which we purchased in main DR :D) overall we were really impressed and hadn't expected anything. Was a really nice surprise! Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

Are you a high number Diamond cruiser? This otherwise, sure sounds like one of the purchased packages that are available?

When we celebrated our 25th anniversary we made reservations in the Steakhouse and got a free anniversary cake and a bottle of wine. The next day (our actual anniversary)there was a bottle of Champagne, chocalate covered strawberries and a $50 spa card in our room.

It can vary and seems to almost be random. We have listed our anniversary four times on four different ships. The results:

1. Ecstasy - Sing in MDR

2. Paradise - Sing in MDR, candle in cake

3. Valor - Nothing

4. Breeze - $25 wine card (used for free bottle in MDR) and $50 spa card (not used because it was only good on port days and expired before the end of the cruise)

We were really pleased with the gift on the Breeze and told Carnival so in the post cruise survey.

I really don't expect Carnival to do anything for us, but since the booking asks for celebrations, I list it. If they do something, great. If not, I certainly don't hold it against them.

If your PVP or TA has indicated on your booking that you are celebrating something, the 'new' thing is that CARNIVAL will send a gift of some sort. On the Breeze in December I celebrated my 50th birthday. On the day of my birthday the room steward left me a gift card for two free meals at the Italian restaurant, and a certificate for some free photos. I went to GS to ask where it came from. They said that Carnival Corp was providing the gifts based on booking information. It has nothing to do with status. And the cake and singing in the MDR is separate as well. Hope this sheds some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're sailing on the Breeze in November and indicated our anniversary during online booking. Probably unrelated, but we received a call two days after final payment offering to upgrade our balcony to an ocean suite to "help celebrate" our anniversary (for an additional charge, discounted by ~$500).

I had booked the Ecstasy for one of anniversaries and got a call offering a upsell. I asked him if it was because of our anniversary and he said he didn't know and began to describe the Suite. After seeing pictures of it in the email which arrived while we were on the phone, I accepted. It was the Owner's Suite!!! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji322] [emoji322] [emoji322] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

If your PVP or TA has indicated on your booking that you are celebrating something, the 'new' thing is that CARNIVAL will send a gift of some sort. On the Breeze in December I celebrated my 50th birthday. On the day of my birthday the room steward left me a gift card for two free meals at the Italian restaurant, and a certificate for some free photos. I went to GS to ask where it came from. They said that Carnival Corp was providing the gifts based on booking information. It has nothing to do with status. And the cake and singing in the MDR is separate as well. Hope this sheds some light.

We sailed the sunshine during DH's Birthday month. There is a place on the on-line booking form to indicate special events above and beyond just entering your Birthday on the regular section. There have recently been threads you can search for in this Carnival area about how to do it. Our TA handles it for us. DH received a $50 spa coupon, a gift card for two free meals at the Italian or Asian restaurants, and a certificate for some free photos.For those shy folks :D there is no correlation with singing waiters in the MDR :D

We just got off the Dream and were celebrating our 21st anniversary. In the dining room, the waiters sang "Happy Anniversary" and delivered a cake and our room Steward, Michael left us a $50 spa gift card, $25 off a bottle of wine and a free 4x6 picture from Pixels. It was very nice and unexpected.

It can vary and seems to almost be random. We have listed our anniversary four times on four different ships. The results:

1. Ecstasy - Sing in MDR

2. Paradise - Sing in MDR, candle in cake

3. Valor - Nothing

4. Breeze - $25 wine card (used for free bottle in MDR) and $50 spa card (not used because it was only good on port days and expired before the end of the cruise)

We were really pleased with the gift on the Breeze and told Carnival so in the post cruise survey.

I really don't expect Carnival to do anything for us, but since the booking asks for celebrations, I list it. If they do something, great. If not, I certainly don't hold it against them.

What a wonderful tradition of cruising on your anniversary. If I could, I would. :)

We just got off the Dream and were celebrating our 21st anniversary. In the dining room, the waiters sang "Happy Anniversary" and delivered a cake and our room Steward, Michael left us a $50 spa gift card, $25 off a bottle of wine and a free 4x6 picture from Pixels. It was very nice and unexpected.

CARNIVAL gave you the gifts. You do know that, right?

Birthdays and anniversaries do get something now, it's a relatively new program. We tried it in May for our anniversary and my wife's birthday and we got a $50 spa gift card and a gift card for a bottle of wine which we had in Cucina.

Make sure you let your PVP or TA know.

CARNIVAL gave you the gifts. You do know that, right?

No way!! How am I ever going to sleep tonight knowing that my room steward and waiter did not actually buy me the gifts? Of course I know that the gifts were from Carnival and I will leave it at that. Happy Cruising!

Very nice but why did you purchase a free bottle of wine in DR?

Just got off the Ecstasy last week celebrating our Anniversary. First night we received a cake and singing in the main dining room. 2 days later there were three gift cards in room for $50 spa credit, free bottle of wine worth $25 and a free photo from pixels. This was our first time cruising Carnival and we were very surprised. We were both impressed that Carnival did all of this for us.

Are you a high number Diamond cruiser? This otherwise, sure sounds like one of the purchased packages that are available?

Lol. . . no not diamond yet, on the edge of platinum. But from reading all these other posts guess we just got lucky. Like I said didn't expect anything, however did indicate in online check-in we were celebrating our anniversary, so this must have been the reason. We had an excellent room stewed for the cruise so I also have to give him credit, which we also rewarded at the end of the cruise. We already had reservations made at Cucina for the first night, so it was a really nice surprise.