Just off the Epic

Clancampbell

To anyone sailing on the Epic for the first time and reading any threads that are full of negativity, please do not let them put you off or cause you any concern.

This was my first cruise so have nothing to compare the experience with but I can tell you me and my DW have had the most wonderful time. Accommodation, entertainment, staff, food, itinerary etc were all top notch and we can't wait to have enough money to sail on the Epic again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

To anyone sailing on the Epic for the first time and reading any threads that are full of negativity, please do not let them put you off or cause you any concern.

This was my first cruise so have nothing to compare the experience with but I can tell you me and my DW have had the most wonderful time. Accommodation, entertainment, staff, food, itinerary etc were all top notch and we can't wait to have enough money to sail on the Epic again.

Thanks for posting. I've been on the Epic and getting ready to go again in January. This time with the kids and the grandkids. (I'm thinking the kids will love the ship)

Glad to read folks are still having an awesome time on Epic. I have sailed her twice and enjoyed both cruises very much. She's one of a kind!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Glad you enjoyed the Epic. We have sailed on her 5 times including a repositioning cruise after her dry dock last year. We always have enjoyed the Epic.

You said it best it was your first cruise.

You said it best it was your first cruise.

Correct, it was my first but that doesn't mean I am unable to identify when things are good. Things may or may not be better elsewhere and others may not have the same opinions as me but I have nothing but happy memories of my time on the Epic.

That's all.

Correct, it was my first but that doesn't mean I am unable to identify when things are good. Things may or may not be better elsewhere and others may not have the same opinions as me but I have nothing but happy memories of my time on the Epic.

That's all.

Absolutely.

I'm glad you had a great time. I know you've been researching this for a while and it's always good to see people have had a good time.

It's a shame this thread has already been taken downhill by someone who, for whatever reason, has to put down others opinions just because they don't agree with it.

Your opinion is totally valid. Many people are having their first cruises. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.

Absolutely.

I'm glad you had a great time. I know you've been researching this for a while and it's always good to see people have had a good time.

It's a shame this thread has already been taken downhill by someone who, for whatever reason, has to put down others opinions just because they don't agree with it.

Your opinion is totally valid. Many people are having their first cruises. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.

And can I take this opportunity to thank you Keith and everyone else who has offered helpful advice over the last couple of months.

Thats great to hear. We are booked on the Epic in February and after reading some of the negative comments here I was getting worried. I am starting to think a lot of comments posted here are made by some folk who would complain about anything no matter what level of service the received.

Thats great to hear. We are booked on the Epic in February and after reading some of the negative comments here I was getting worried. I am starting to think a lot of comments posted here are made by some folk who would complain about anything no matter what level of service the received.

Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. ;) I know a few!

We love Epic! Who is the cruise director now?

Just been on the same cruise as OP and I honestly can't understand all the negativity. The Epic is a great ship. The cabins are great and well looked after by attentive stewards. The service was excellent and sometimes went beyond that. The food was top notch except for one late night snack at O'Sheehans, so one poor meal out of about 150 (there were 7 of us).

My complaint isn't about the actual ship but more about NCL's insistence on trying to squeeze every penny out of you :mad:

Before anybody says yeah but, I have sailed with NCL before.

So Epic = great, NCL less so.

So glad you had a great cruise! It is really a great way to vacation, and we enjoyed the Epic too ... especially the entertainment. Both the "big show" and also the multiple venues with live music. We found the food very good and never felt the ship was especially crowded (a concern we had with all those people on board!)

Glad to read folks are still having an awesome time on Epic. I have sailed her twice and enjoyed both cruises very much. She's one of a kind!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi John. We remember you from the "shortened" ex dry dock cruise last October. We are doing the TA at the end of the month and can't wait to get back on board. We actually booked this one while we were onboard last year and it will be our 4th Epic adventure.

Best regards Elaine and Lysle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got off the Epic only a matter of hours ago, this morning in Barcelona.

Too tired now to write a full review - but will do over the coming days.

Suffice to say we've had a wonderful holiday.

Only gripe (and it became amusing in the end) was the number of people who seem to get more enjoyment out of complaining about everything, than enjoying their holiday!!

So glad you had a great first cruise! I LOVE the Epic, she's my favourite ship, followed closely by Escape. Some people have an issue with the bathrooms in the cabins, but you can make it work. I've traveled with 2 girlfriends in a balcony and had no issues at all.

I love the quirkiness of Epic, I can't wait to be back on in a few weeks.

We just got off the Epic today and had a lovely time - she's a lovely ship and while there are of course pros and cons, there is absolutely no reason to avoid a cruise on the Epic.

Pedro was the cruise director. He's always around and I'm pretty sure he never sleeps, but he's always very friendly :)

We just got off the Epic today and had a lovely time - she's a lovely ship and while there are of course pros and cons, there is absolutely no reason to avoid a cruise on the Epic.

Pedro was the cruise director. He's always around and I'm pretty sure he never sleeps, but he's always very friendly :)

Pedro was the CD when I was on the Epic in March. He's the first CD who's actually made a difference in my cruising experience (not a huge difference, but a difference!). I really liked him (except "the voice from the ceiling comment every single time...).