sugar substitute on princess

windswept31

They have had real, name brand Splenda on each Princess cruise I've been on. That said, after another cruise line discontinued it, I learned to always bring some of my own also. When I see the real thing, I use it from the ship and take mine back home. But I'll never get "stuck" without it again.

It might not always be the brand name, but there will be packets of the pink stuff, saccharin; the blue stuff, aspartame and the yellow stuff, sucralose. Haven't seen the green stuff, stevia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They had Stevia on Diamond last year. So may be just starting to introduce it, or maybe more demand in the Aus/Asia market

It might not always be the brand name, but there will be packets of the pink stuff, saccharin; the blue stuff, aspartame and the yellow stuff, sucralose. Haven't seen the green stuff, stevia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Neither have we on our Mexican cruises.

We have seen white, yellow, blue and pink. Think we've also seen brown.

Edited by SadieN

Though this caveat likely does not apply to the OP, for those who use the entire color palette: outside of North America you will not find any Pink, and Blue may actually be in white packages that simply read "Sugar Substitute" (that squinting at the tiny print of reveals them to be Aspartame)

That would be great if they had stevia / Truvia. I had to stop using Splenda / sucralose after developing a weird skin condition. I hear it causes joint issues for some people as well. Apparently 30% of us can't process it properly.