Wine in checked bag, when do you get it?

michyC

What an ugly thing to say. Are you proud of yourself?

Australia has suffered several several terrorist attacks, and also hundreds of Australians have died in terrorist attacks in our nearby region. Examples include the Hoddle St bombing, Bali bombing, Marriott Hotel and Lindt Cafe siege.

Many Australian soldiers have also been killed fighting alongside our allies in Afghanistan and Iraq.

We just recognise that making everyone take their shoes off at security doesn't keep you any safer.

Did you read post #9? Talk about ugly.

I wish some would read the link I posted. It's only allowed in domestic Australian flights. If you are flying internationally INTO or OUT OF Australia you have to follow the same basic liquid rules as the US does. If Australia chooses to allow it in country, then that's their issue and shouldn't matter to anyone. I don't like the snarky attitudes about it, but everyone should at least understand, it's not ALL flights in Australia, just those that go through domestic terminals that allow it.

Edited by BND

Of course. This isn't the USA. It's civilised with a high quality of life, extraordinary health care for realistic prices (relative). No one here has to drink breast milk or crawl through security. I have no doubt that they would even chill it for me on the plane. You just can't drink your own grog on the plane.

The only thing that's going to get anyone's panties in a bunch os if you transport things that may be harmful to the environment via pests and the like, like honey, fruit, seeds.

I wish some would read the link I posted. It's only allowed in domestic Australian flights. If you are flying internationally INTO or OUT OF Australia you have to follow the same basic liquid rules as the US does. If Australia chooses to allow it in country, then that's their issue and shouldn't matter to anyone. I don't like the snarky attitudes about it, but everyone should at least understand, it's not ALL flights in Australia, just those that go through domestic terminals that allow it.

I don't think anyone cares that bottles of wine are allowed on flights within Australia - the snarky began with OP's uncalled for disparaging rant about the USA because someone did not realize that it was allowed.

We always leave our wine in our checked luggage,

All's that will happen is you will be called down to show the steward it's not spirits. ( and the allowable amount.)

We are the some as a lot in Australia, who fly in to connect with cruise.

Less stuff to carry around till your room is ready.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course. This isn't the USA. It's civilised with a high quality of life, extraordinary health care for realistic prices (relative). No one here has to drink breast milk or crawl through security. I have no doubt that they would even chill it for me on the plane. You just can't drink your own grog on the plane.

The only thing that's going to get anyone's panties in a bunch os if you transport things that may be harmful to the environment via pests and the like, like honey, fruit, seeds.

Yes we can see how civilized you are based on the fact you need to bash an entire country to make a point. :rolleyes:

Are you proud of the ugly things the OP said about the USA - she trashed an entire country? Perhaps I should have clarified with public transport attacks - as that was the "security" which was referred to in the post. No other types of attacks. Just be grateful that the security measures are a "yet" and hopefully a never for Australia.

She pointed out some of the extremes that Americans are subjected to by TSA etc. It was accurate that we don't have those procedures here. If you disagreed with that there was a better and more adult way to raise it - if you think her behaviour isn't ok why go down to her level? As a LEO who has worked in counter terrorism I found it offensive that you casually discounted all those who have lost their lives.

She pointed out some of the extremes that Americans are subjected to by TSA etc. It was accurate that we don't have those procedures here. If you disagreed with that there was a better and more adult way to raise it - if you think her behaviour isn't ok why go down to her level? As a LEO who has worked in counter terrorism I found it offensive that you casually discounted all those who have lost their lives.

Excuse me? Did you even read her post????? She only inferred the USA is uncivilized. I am not even sure what her problem with breast milk is and I have never "crawled" through security.

I never discounted any lost lives - please enlighten me. I am unaware of ANY terrorist attacks in Australia on public transportation - which was all I was talking about - the conversation was about transportation security - nothing else. Please do not read things into my words that are not there.

Why are you defending her so much when she has not even come back to explain herself?

I don't think anyone cares that bottles of wine are allowed on flights within Australia - the snarky began with OP's uncalled for disparaging rant about the USA because someone did not realize that it was allowed.

Spot on.

Well isn't that great that Australia has not been the target of terrorism and lost thousands of innocent lives. I for one hope you keep your snobby Australian self out of this uncivilized country! How will you EVER survive cruising with a bunch of breast milk fed, low life's who crawled through security to get there!

OH - enjoy your wine - I hope it doesn't break in your luggage.

Thank you for phrasing this more civilly than I would have, who is an uncouth, formerly breastfeeding mother who actually cannot go crawling through security because I have had an over priced knee replacement (which cost me $25) so I have to go through the advanced technology scanner.

I am hoping that MichyC is carrying red wine so I can picture all the items in the suitcase turning pink.

Excuse me? Did you even read her post????? She only inferred the USA is uncivilized. I am not even sure what her problem with breast milk is and I have never "crawled" through security.

I never discounted any lost lives - please enlighten me. I am unaware of ANY terrorist attacks in Australia on public transportation - which was all I was talking about - the conversation was about transportation security - nothing else. Please do not read things into my words that are not there.

Why are you defending her so much when she has not even come back to explain herself?

She doesn't have a problem with breastmilk. That was clearly a reference to the fact that TSA has forced mothers carrying breastmilk onto flights to taste it themselves to prove it's not dangerous. Perhaps you were too busy rushing to be offended that you failed to read and conprehend her post. Also you did not say in your original post anything about transportation security - although I don't see how any type of terrorist attack is worse than another type, transportation related or no - but nice try at backtracking.

I stand by my comments - you were wrong about Australia not having suffered from this threat, your post was ugly and you thought it's ok to react to a post you don't like with an offensive post of your own. None of that is ok. I won't be saying anything further as this has indeed gotten off track. Maybe have a think about including ALL people who have died from ANY type of terrorist attack in your prayers.

She doesn't have a problem with breastmilk. That was clearly a reference to the fact that TSA has forced mothers carrying breastmilk onto flights to taste it themselves to prove it's not dangerous. Perhaps you were too busy rushing to be offended that you failed to read and conprehend her post. Also you did not say in your original post anything about transportation security - although I don't see how any type of terrorist attack is worse than another type, transportation related or no - but nice try at backtracking.

I stand by my comments - you were wrong about Australia not having suffered from this threat, your post was ugly and you thought it's ok to react to a post you don't like with an offensive post of your own. None of that is ok. I won't be saying anything further as this has indeed gotten off track. Maybe have a think about including ALL people who have died from ANY type of terrorist attack in your prayers.

So you are still defending the incredibly ugly, offensive post #9 with no regrets. Unbelievable. I am personally connected to people who died on 9/11. YOUR posts are ugly and offensive. Welcome to my ignore list.

I'm sailing on Radiance out if Sydney. I get into Sydney fairly early in the morning. I have some things I need to do in the city and will probably be bringing my wine in my carry on on the plane. I'm flying business class so weight, etc not a problem.

As I said I have some things to do. You can actually dump your bags at circular quay quite early. I'd like to check my main bag and my check in bag (with the wine still in it). And carry all my devices and valuables in a small backpack around the city.

I realise that my bag with the wine in it will likely be flagged and held. My question is, will they allow me to get that wine when I go down to security? I just don't need those extra 3kg on my back for several hours, bouncing against my devices.

Will I be able to get my two bottles or will they hold them until disembarkation. I don't want that because I'll be buying duty free.

Anyone have experience with wine in checked bags at Australian embarkation points?

Back to the question that was asked !!!!!

If you leaving from Sydney Circular Key there is a nice wine cellar on the corner across from the 4 Seasons.

They have great good quality wine at great prices rather then paying RCI prices. Average over priced by 600%

Radiance is a beautiful ship, we cruise on her in May doing a Alaska cruise. Beat place to relax, with a view is "Champagne Bar"

Enjoy cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My main question. If you carry-on two bottles of wine, and you check two bottles of wine, who checks????

No one, even if the checked luggage is flagged they are unlikely to know that you also walked on with two other bottles. Kinda like taking two different lines at security with two bottles each in carry on luggage.

So you are still defending the incredibly ugly, offensive post #9 with no regrets. Unbelievable. I am personally connected to people who died on 9/11. YOUR posts are ugly and offensive. Welcome to my ignore list.

I am American and didn't find it ugly.

The US has an atrociously poor level of healthcare.

It's ridiculously expensive as well.

We might have an ok standard of living but I bet Australia is better Ireland and England, from what I've seen, are already better.

She obviously referred to people having to prove that breastmilk is milk. I nursed one kid for a very large number of years and am a lactivist from my own birth and do not have a clue how others didn't get what she was saying. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how off that understanding was.

There have been disabled people having to somehow get through US security without help.

She said nothing wrong and nothing ugly. Don't like what she said? Let's help change the US.

NOTHING the TSA does with us would have changed what happened on 9/11. The shoe and underwear bombers were caught because of their behaviors, and people on the planes noticed it. THAT is the difference; our awareness. The wooll was ripped from Americans' eyes that day and brought us into the understanding that the rest of the world already had.

The liquid restrictions mean nothing. If security forces thought it did, they would not put those shampoo and sunscreen bottles, peanut butter jars, and bottles of confiscated wine *right next to them in the security lines*. They know it makes no difference and no sense. There's no reason for us to buy into the nonsense. Let's be a bit smarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one, even if the checked luggage is flagged they are unlikely to know that you also walked on with two other bottles. Kinda like taking two different lines at security with two bottles each in carry on luggage.

Interesting... Now we know of two ways to smuggle 4 bottles of wine. LOL

Well isn't that great that Australia has not been the target of terrorism and lost thousands of innocent lives. I for one hope you keep your snobby Australian self out of this uncivilized country! How will you EVER survive cruising with a bunch of breast milk fed, low life's who crawled through security to get there!

OH - enjoy your wine - I hope it doesn't break in your luggage.

LOL. I gave up my us citizenship in March 2015. So did many thousands. And it grows every year. In my home town, Perth, there is more than one yank a day going through the renunciation ceremony. And this town doesn't have many yanks in it. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I spent the first thirty years of my life with a bunch of myopic yanks that can't understand that although the us may audaciously apply their laws extra territoriality in regards to its citizens, it's rules and regulations don't apply everywhere.

LOL. I gave up my us citizenship in March 2015. So did many thousands. And it grows every year. In my home town, Perth, there is more than one yank a day going through the renunciation ceremony. And this town doesn't have many yanks in it. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I spent the first thirty years of my life with a bunch of myopic yanks that can't understand that although the us may audaciously apply their laws extra territoriality in regards to its citizens, it's rules and regulations don't apply everywhere.

That explains everything.

Good for you. I promise no one cares.

I'll just say thank you for that!

I have seen the results of a bottle of wine breaking in a suitcase and damaging the luggage and clothing of the suitcase next to and under it. Then only way I have ever packed wine in my suitcase is in a cardboard wine shipping box with the styrofoam inserts. In other words, I packed it into my suitcase the same way I would have checked the box, just to minimize the pieces of luggage. Simply wrapping a bottle in clothing is not enough. Wine diapers will tear if the glass breaks.

Carry it on or pack it appropriately. Should you damage someone else's suitcase and clothing, expect to pay for it.