How long can a TA hold a guarantee cabin, before having to make a deposit?

Middleager

If a TA holds 1-2 inside guarantee cabins for you, how long is the hold before you have to pay deposit on it?

I used to think it was a complimentary 24 hour hold but one TA told me they could hold it for up to 5 days. Not sure if that varies by sailing, etc. Or not.

I used to think it was a complimentary 24 hour hold but one TA told me they could hold it for up to 5 days. Not sure if that varies by sailing, etc. Or not.

I would think it is not the TA's policies, but the lines. If the line wants a deposit within 24 or 48 hours, or whatever, I doubt any TA would make an advance for the benefit of a customer.

I would think that if the TA is part of one of the big groups that reserve blocks of cabins, that group could set their policy differently from the cruise line policy. so they might well have a 5 or 6 day policy.

It depends on how close to sailing the option is placed by the TA.

Far out it could be 3 days , close in could be 3 hours .

TA can often have the hold (option) extended before it expires.

Even when part of TA's Group , a option on a particular cabin can not be held beyond the option without names and a payment .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last week a TA held 2 quarantee insides for us, saying it's a 24-hr hold. I couldn't get a hold of them for 2 days (hurricane Matthew hit Florida).

Then the TA got back, saying they are held till today (6 days), as it's their group booking. I paid the deposit and confirmed the booking today.

So with this TA it's 6-days (but originally told us 24-hr).

Last week a TA held 2 quarantee insides for us, saying it's a 24-hr hold. I couldn't get a hold of them for 2 days (hurricane Matthew hit Florida).

Then the TA got back, saying they are held till today (6 days), as it's their group booking. I paid the deposit and confirmed the booking today.

A TA wants to close the deal , thus state 24 hours . Cuts down on the shopping .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations!