Just off the Pride

DaisyandMoe010

Glad to see the folks that opted to cruise had a open mind and had a good time despite the weather related changes. CCL provided a nice package.

How many guests were on this cruise?

Initially it was sold out. 1600 people sailed to New York. When we got back to Baltimore, there was 700 of us left.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The simplest way to sail on the Pride would be to go to Carnival's website and book it.

I realize that but I'm not really interested in going to the Bahamas. Too bad the cruise this week North is not a regular offering. I guess it would be Bermuda or one of the extended Caribbean cruises.

We are just back from off the Pride today also. We had a great time despite the changes. We made the best of it with some friends and had a great cruise. We even took in a Broadway show with the extra time in NYC.

My question is.....how do go about getting and using 50% off a future cruise? We booked our next one on the ship this week but were told that our discount will be connected to our VIFP accounts. I don't see anything fir a discount.

I am going to try and upload the information..let me know if you cant see it and I will type it in

20161010_184345.jpg.47ac5fd9a97b70458b36fc42944bb8fc.jpg

I've a question if I may, just something I'm curious about from this cruise, as like many others I was curious how things went on this cruise and others impacted by the hurricane, but Pride is one of our favorite ships, in part cause we're so close to then port in Baltimore.

Question simply is, why did Carnival decide not to head up to Canada after not being able to head south?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've a question if I may, just something I'm curious about from this cruise, as like many others I was curious how things went on this cruise and others impacted by the hurricane, but Pride is one of our favorite ships, in part cause we're so close to then port in Baltimore.

Question simply is, why did Carnival decide not to head up to Canada after not being able to head south?

In my opinion, since we were in NY on Tuesday, they still had models showing the storm was going further up the east coast and would be even with NY by Sat or Sun. I think they were worried that they wouldn't have enough time to get to Canada and back before the storm moved that far north cutting off the Chesapeake.

Although the excuse given was the weather in Canada according to news reports.

Edited by pbfp2008

The bartender told me that they were not given permission to dock in Canada. I don't know if this is true, but that is what he said.

Your bartender was most likely correct, St. John's only has room for two ships in port.

The Pride has never been to ports in Canada, so they didn't have docking rights.

People really do need to take the time to read the contract. Be thankful for what Carnival gave you. For you did have the chance to cancel with a full refund.

I doubt that the Pride lacked permission to dock in Canada. A Saint John resident on the HAL forum has been following Matthew and reports the Pride has been scheduled there as a third ship on Thursday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410439

I believe the third ship uses what is normally a cargo dock and it is possible that was occupied last week but it seems more likely that they did not go because of concern about getting back.

I would not be surprised if Saint John is missed this week as well due to it's late departure from Baltimore.

Roy

We are just back from off the Pride today also. We had a great time despite the changes. We made the best of it with some friends and had a great cruise. We even took in a Broadway show with the extra time in NYC.

My question is.....how do go about getting and using 50% off a future cruise? We booked our next one on the ship this week but were told that our discount will be connected to our VIFP accounts. I don't see anything fir a discount.

i wasn't on the pride but have had a similar discount i used. below is the link for the form:

www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

also you can't use it on what they consider holiday cruises. i found this to be tricky to book a cruise that i could use it on so i called and asked for the list of what they consider holiday cruises for 2017. below is the list of what is considered a holiday cruise. so if a cruise embarks on one the dates below or the date falls during the cruise you can't use the discount. and for 2018 same holidays but the dates might be a little different.

Carnival holiday sailings 2017

-super bowl day on feb 5 2017

-valentines day on feb 14 2017

-mardi gras day on feb 28 2017

-st patricks day on march 17 2017

-Passover week between april 10-18 2017

-easter day on april 16 2017

-cinco de mayo day on may 5 2017

-mothers day on may 14 2017

-fathers day on jun 18 2017

-independence on july 4 2017

-rosh hashanah between sep 20-22 2017

-yom kippur day between sep 29-30

-thanksgiving day on nov 23 2017

-hanukkah between dec 12-20 2017

-christmas day on dec 25 2017

-new years eve on dec 31 2017

i wasn't on the pride but have had a similar discount i used. below is the link for the form:

www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

also you can't use it on what they consider holiday cruises. i found this to be tricky to book a cruise that i could use it on so i called and asked for the list of what they consider holiday cruises for 2017. below is the list of what is considered a holiday cruise. so if a cruise embarks on one the dates below or the date falls during the cruise you can't use the discount. and for 2018 same holidays but the dates might be a little different.

Carnival holiday sailings 2017

-super bowl day on feb 5 2017

-valentines day on feb 14 2017

-mardi gras day on feb 28 2017

-st patricks day on march 17 2017

-Passover week between april 10-18 2017

-easter day on april 16 2017

-cinco de mayo day on may 5 2017

-mothers day on may 14 2017

-fathers day on jun 18 2017

-independence on july 4 2017

-rosh hashanah between sep 20-22 2017

-yom kippur day between sep 29-30

-thanksgiving day on nov 23 2017

-hanukkah between dec 12-20 2017

-christmas day on dec 25 2017

-new years eve on dec 31 2017

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the the post this, that was very kind of you. You win this!

ad1f24f63a20dd6d0e9c97374c0d1f35.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the the post this, that was very kind of you. You win this!

ad1f24f63a20dd6d0e9c97374c0d1f35.jpg

thank you i will take it:) i actually used my discount on an upcoming vista cruise 1/22/17. i was able to get a Havana interior room and we are very excited to see the new ship. how did you like the vista.

thank you i will take it:) i actually used my discount on an upcoming vista cruise 1/22/17. i was able to get a Havana interior room and we are very excited to see the new ship. how did you like the vista.

We loved the Vista! We've only cruised Disney before the Vista and thought the Disney Fantasy was the greatest ship ever. After Vista I have a new favorite ship, absolutely love her and had a great time on CCL. We've got a B2B on the Vista next June, can hardly wait to board her again. Would love to get Havana next time but it's all booked!

We loved the Vista! We've only cruised Disney before the Vista and thought the Disney Fantasy was the greatest ship ever. After Vista I have a new favorite ship, absolutely love her and had a great time on CCL. We've got a B2B on the Vista next June, can hardly wait to board her again. Would love to get Havana next time but it's all booked!

keep checking the cruise you are on. when i initially booked the cruise there were no Havana rooms available so i booked a normal interior state room. i did a mock booking recently and saw that an interior Havana room was available so i quickly called carnival and switched rooms at no cost and with no problems. and i booked with the early saver rate. the room was only $200 more than i payed for the regular interior room. i have been doing mock bookings randomly now for my cruise out of curiosity and rooms constantly come available then disappear daily. the last couple of days it has shown a Havana balcony room.

Was on this cruise as well and still had a great time! it's amazing how many people complain and act like the world is ending! Geesh!

Carnival's compensation was more than adequate and I'm already looking at booking our next cruise and using that 50% discount! :D

Glad those of you that cruised enjoyed! Love the Pride and the crew!

Where were you supposed to go and where did you end up?

We were on the Valor last week. Only issue for us was we missed Grand Turk ([emoji24]) due to strong winds.