Opportunity to smuggle alcohol

kylesplash

They read CC, so you are late. You got beat up a lot by other kids when you were growing up, I bet!

Sorry the sarcastic remark went over you. Posted ways to beat the system on an open forum is not always the best way of doing things. It's the same as telling Carnival hey, I found a new way!.

For the record, yes, I did get beat up a lot!!!!

I'm trying to work through this scenario but I can't figure it out. How would this work? Did the previous cruiser have Cheers?

Don't they deliver your duty-free alcohol purchases to your room the last evening?

When I operated sober homes for recovering addicts and alcoholics, every once in a while during drug testing, we would find a resident using a smaller bladder like this to evade having their own urine tested.

They would usually use a girlfriend's, urine and the joke amongst my employees was that while Joe's test came back negative for drugs, he was positive for pregnancy.

Sorry the sarcastic remark went over you. Posted ways to beat the system on an open forum is not always the best way of doing things. It's the same as telling Carnival hey, I found a new way!.

For the record, yes, I did get beat up a lot!!!!

We agree, and I'm Irish, so I know a little about sarcasm! :D

Anyone who wants to buy good alcohol in port to bring back on the ship in hopes of drinking same in cabin or on balcony would be ruining the stuff by pouring it into some polyurethane type container. Probably ruin the container for carrying anything else.

However, there are ways to smuggle bottles on board. One way is to just walk on past the liquor table after coming through security. This works well in very busy times. Security doesn't have the time to call out the table and you can blend in with everyone else heading to the elevator or stairs. At worst here they call you out and you surrender your bottle with an "oh geez, I didn't see you", and get it back on departure day. There are other ways too, none requiring pouring into another container.

Beer can be done, but is a bit more problematic. But it can be done...trade secret...if I told you the person who has the secret will have to kill both of us.:D:eek:

I just got off of the dream sailing, and noticed an easy way to smuggle large quantities of alcohol from the ports. I took my 2L camelbak with me to the islands, and it always had at least 1 liter in it when I got back on the ship. I never once got questioned what was in it, or asked to dump it. I thought it was strange. They make me lift my hat up when walking through the metal detector, but don't question the liquid in my camelbak.

I had cheers so I didn't need to smuggle.

I would never put alcohol in my camelbak.

He says with a wink and a grin.

Anyone who wants to buy good alcohol in port to bring back on the ship in hopes of drinking same in cabin or on balcony would be ruining the stuff by pouring it into some polyurethane type container. Probably ruin the container for carrying anything else.

However, there are ways to smuggle bottles on board. One way is to just walk on past the liquor table after coming through security. This works well in very busy times. Security doesn't have the time to call out the table and you can blend in with everyone else heading to the elevator or stairs. At worst here they call you out and you surrender your bottle with an "oh geez, I didn't see you", and get it back on departure day. There are other ways too, none requiring pouring into another container.

Beer can be done, but is a bit more problematic. But it can be done...trade secret...if I told you the person who has the secret will have to kill both of us.:D:eek:

Did this once after buying some almond tequila at one port. Wasn't planning on doing it but security told us to take it "over to that table" and we said ok. They were so busy that we just walked right by. We weren't trying to smuggle and didn't even open it on the ship.

When I operated sober homes for recovering addicts and alcoholics, every once in a while during drug testing, we would find a resident using a smaller bladder like this to evade having their own urine tested.

They would usually use a girlfriend's, urine and the joke amongst my employees was that while Joe's test came back negative for drugs, he was positive for pregnancy.

Reminds me of a joke. Cleaned it up a bit from the original so it is PG-13.

A guy was trying to throw off a test so he mixed his, wife's, daughter's and his dog's.

Dog has worms.....get it to a vet.

Daughter is on drugs.....get her to rehab.

Wife is pregnant but it isn't yours.....get a lawyer.

But the good news is you're clean!

Why bother posting then? I'll never understand why people read threads just to offend themselves. Who does that?

As an FYI, the thread in and of itself is not offensive.......... ;)

But to answer your question, because I wanted to respond which I'm guessing is the reason every other poster in any thread responds......because they wanted to. :)

Did this once after buying some almond tequila at one port. Wasn't planning on doing it but security told us to take it "over to that table" and we said ok. They were so busy that we just walked right by. We weren't trying to smuggle and didn't even open it on the ship.

We've do everything this as well. More convenient than picking it up later.