Norovirus on Escape (10/15 sailing)

AdoraBelle

oozing blood LOL Tell me, how do you people come up with so many different email addresses to register new names all of the time?

What on earth are you talking about? Do you want me to post photos of my documents from the ship about my illness and the general norovirus warning?

I called CDC and so far thy have no record of cases last week. Per guest relations only 12 cases last week and no reports yet for this week. But on another post it says hundreds are sick. I really wish we could get the facts correct we leave in 2 weeks

We leave tomorrow and I am getting very nervous when reading what's going on on Escape. We are travelling with a toddler and fear also getting the virus.

Are there and medicine recommendations to take with us? We are from abroad and not so familiar with US medicine.

I called CDC and so far thy have no record of cases last week. Per guest relations only 12 cases last week and no reports yet for this week. But on another post it says hundreds are sick. I really wish we could get the facts correct we leave in 2 weeks

again, we have gone through the noro virus problem on ships, both NCL and another line. When there is a breakout the ship is very good about notifying CDC but most like will not until the end of the cruise. What difference would it make if they notified them while at sea? Every attempt will be made to control it, but only so much can be done. If you are leaving in 2 weeks, the present outbreak would be over. Usually it take 2 to 3 sailings to completely control it.

We leave tomorrow and I am getting very nervous when reading what's going on on Escape. We are travelling with a toddler and fear also getting the virus.

Are there and medicine recommendations to take with us? We are from abroad and not so familiar with US medicine.

I am not a doctor and certainly do not have the answer for you, but I don't think there is anything you can take ahead of time. Just do all you can to use good sense, keep your hands clean and away from your face. Someone mentioned a mask but truly I don't that is necessary and may not even help.

Bring Imodium and sea sick medications.

If you have time, ask your pediatrician for suggestions or meds.

If you don't have time, then the thing you should be most alert for is dehydration in the little one.

So IF your toddler starts vomiting or has diarrhea, please don't hesitate to take him/her to the medical team.

This can be much more urgent in children/infants if not treated promptly.

If treated, everything should be okay, even if a bit unpleasant for a while.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of passengers do NOT get sick!

Hope all goes well!

Have there been any reports from the CURRENT sailing? The trip on which I got ill ended almost a week ago, and I'm not up to date on the main NCL forums. I'd look for threads to see if the problem continued into the 10/22 sailing before panicking.

Have there been any reports from the CURRENT sailing? The trip on which I got ill ended almost a week ago, and I'm not up to date on the main NCL forums. I'd look for threads to see if the problem continued into the 10/22 sailing before panicking.

Check out Radio's "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape October 22 Review. He just got off October 28 and discusses the virus during his review.

LINK

The reason there aren't any reports on https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm is because OP made this up.

. It doesn't help that a lot of that reflection took place on the Royal Princess, where the passenger to staff ratio is absurdly superior to NCL, as is the buffet food..

3,600 pax / 1,346 crew vs 4,266 pax / 1,733 crew is absurdly better?

oozing blood LOL Tell me, how do you people come up with so many different email addresses to register new names all of the time?

Did you notice how they used the wrong account to reply to you?

Let me know the next time someone at the buffet on an -away ship on NCL rushes up to take your drink orders as soon as you sit down.

OP: Thank you for sharing your story. Sorry you got ill. I do travel once a year solo and getting sick all alone has crossed my mind. Knock on wood, so far so good, but now I'm more informed about what could happen. Speedy recovery to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a report from the Escape yesterday that the enhanced sanitation procedures have ended and the Norovirus outbreak seems to be over.

The outbreak was over 2 weeks ago. They are still doing enhanced sanitation at the start of cruises for the past 2 weeks to ensure nothings starts again.

Edited by BirdTravels

Has anyone just returned back from the Escape? Can you tell me if they have any of those comfy bed loungers anywhere on the ship....not Haven.

Yes....in the adults only Vibe. It's 99 for the week and you will need to check in early and beat the rush to get one of the limited passes that are available for sale. Only those staying in the Haven have early access to the purchase of the Vibe passes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

We took the NYE cruise, departed Miami 12/31/16. On Wednesday 1/3/17, we saw men dressed in white carrying red garbage bags, full of sheets, towels, pillows, comforter, etc., out of a cabin a few doors down. Then the next day, the staff was insisting everyone wash their hands with soap and water before going into the buffet, rather than use hand sanitizer and then all of the salt and pepper shakers, ketchup and mustard bottles and cloth napkins with silverware rolled up inside all disappeared from the tables. Ketchup was served in a small plastic cup, paper napkins and silverware were brought to the table. In the Thermal Spa, where they had hot tea, infused water and fresh fruit, it was all removed and replaced with plastic cups that were wrapped in saran wrap. There were not a tremendous amount of people that we noticed who could have been sick, but we spent 99% of our time in either the Vibe Beach Club or the Thermal Spa. We never hung out around the pool deck, nor did we eat in the buffet a lot. I feel lucky that we didn't get sick. No one would say anything, but we did overhear staff mentioning there were a few people sick with some sort of gastro thing. For me, the red bags, were a huge red flag.

We have been on many ships with the Noro virus....knock on wood we have never got it. If you go to buffet and nothing is on tables like roll ups and condiments sure give away virus is on board......[emoji22]️[emoji22]