On the Vista TA

pamrose228

An OV with an oversized widow. They have to close the cove blconies off before the weather gets too bad and it becomes dangerous to do so. The opposite when they open them.

We continue to use our balcony even though the cove blconies are closed off. I think they might reopen the cove balconies today. Still some bums, but the sun is mostly out.

Have visited friends with cove balconies and would love to try one for a cruise.

I am in a 1A with portholes and the portholes have also been closed. This has never happened on any other ship and while it is rocky it is not that bad.

Weather supposed to improve later today and tomorrow we arrive in Ponte Delgada.

I am doing the B2B and dined in steakhouse twice (on the first nights). Free wine both times. Fabulous as always.

Not impressed with Ji Ji Asian kitchen at dinner. We all (8 of us) found it too spicy but of course food is subjective.

Trivia is held in Ocean Plaza and standing room only. Not sure why they can't hold it in a larger venue.

No invitations for the M&G, just in the fun times. No member from Carnival present.

Delicious Diamond lunch yesterday with over 400 Diamonds.

I am in a 1A with portholes and the portholes have also been closed. This has never happened on any other ship and while it is rocky it is not that bad.

Weather supposed to improve later today and tomorrow we arrive in Ponte Delgada.

I am doing the B2B and dined in steakhouse twice (on the first nights). Free wine both times. Fabulous as always.

Not impressed with Ji Ji Asian kitchen at dinner. We all (8 of us) found it too spicy but of course food is subjective.

Trivia is held in Ocean Plaza and standing room only. Not sure why they can't hold it in a larger venue.

No invitations for the M&G, just in the fun times. No member from Carnival present.

Delicious Diamond lunch yesterday with over 400 Diamonds.

Unless they are leaking why close the portholes?

Strange that they see ocean plaza not big enough for trivia and they dont move it to a larger venue?

I'll be on Vista next Friday when she docks in NY for an industry overnight before she sails off on Saturday with new passengers.

Looking forward to seeing this wonderful new ship. Too bad it's only one night and I have to get off by 8 AM on Saturday :(

Strange that they see ocean plaza not big enough for trivia and they dont move it to a larger venue?

Agree, no need to close the portholes.

Matt is aware that the Ocean Plaza is not big enough but cannot use Limelight because of Art Auctions and Liquid Lounge due to rehearsals. Hopefully he will find another area.

Also Yoga and fitness classes held in Ocean Plaza at 8 am during breakfast. I think this shows there is a lack of public spaces on the ship.

Edited by maryann2

Have you been to a comedy show? Looked to me as if venue is much too small given size of ship and wondering about that.

Much bigger than the Sunshine. Works fine as they empty between shows. Some good Comedians.

Seeing some of the reports (including videos from John) is making my wife rethink our plans for the Horizon TA......

I have been on many TAs, about 15. Usually the seas are really calm. It has also been much cooler in Europe this year.

I'll be on Vista next Friday when she docks in NY for an industry overnight before she sails off on Saturday with new passengers.

Looking forward to seeing this wonderful new ship. Too bad it's only one night and I have to get off by 8 AM on Saturday :(

While we have already been on her, looking forward to this same thing as well. I have already picked a couple of good hidey holes I might want to use......

Also on the ship right now having lots of fun!

We were told two days of 'inclement weather' but to be honest I have experienced much worst and not sure why portholes have been closed...have never seen this before.

Cove balconies which are on deck two have storm doors over the regular balcony door, window is unobstructed. Again waves are not that high and no water reported on the balconies so just extra cautious?

Tomorrow we arrive in the Azores and all portholes and coves will be returned to 'normal' so really no big deal.

Also no mention of norovirus and no major messages re washing...

We did already have a helicopter med evac which was pretty amazing and scary at the same time!

Otherwise enjoying the ship and the entertainment - WYWH:D:D

Also on the ship right now having lots of fun!

We were told two days of 'inclement weather' but to be honest I have experienced much worst and not sure why portholes have been closed...have never seen this before.

Cove balconies which are on deck two have storm doors over the regular balcony door, window is unobstructed. Again waves are not that high and no water reported on the balconies so just extra cautious?

Tomorrow we arrive in the Azores and all portholes and coves will be returned to 'normal' so really no big deal.

Also no mention of norovirus and no major messages re washing...

We did already have a helicopter med evac which was pretty amazing and scary at the same time!

Otherwise enjoying the ship and the entertainment - WYWH:D:D

What do you think of the entertainment offered on the ship?

Good job on posting photos, PamRose! If you happen to pass by an open ocean suite (or are in one), would love to see one of those, too!

Will the cabin steward bring distilled water? Can we bring a gallon on board (unopened), along with our two bottles of wine?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good job on posting photos, PamRose! If you happen to pass by an open ocean suite (or are in one), would love to see one of those, too!

Will the cabin steward bring distilled water? Can we bring a gallon on board (unopened), along with our two bottles of wine?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can request distilled water in advance through special services. No charge.

You can also order bottled water for $3.99 a case through room service or Fun shops ahead of time. My cases were in my cabin when I boarded.

In a Q&A John H. this morning I asked him about his dislike for cc. He said to quote him he likes 99% of the folks here but the 1% who constantly diss CCL make him hard to love it or even enjoy it. He said they are endless in their hate.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

There are some that do hate CCL and have said rather hurtful things about him.

In a Q&A John H. this morning I asked him about his dislike for cc. He said to quote him he likes 99% of the folks here but the 1% who constantly diss CCL make him hard to love it or even enjoy it. He said they are endless in their hate.

There are a few that used to be here (and some that still are under a new name) who are on a social media site whose main purpose is to knock Carnival here and JH in particular.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

John mentioned a December first week as book date of Horizon. Also threw this out. A 14 day round trip new York to new York going to Iceland and other ports in northern Europe. Didn't say when or what ship. Did say CCL rethinking Med because if all the unrest there.