Wwhat is the verdict on Margaritaville on Breakaway?

JAMESCC

Isn't it identical to Margaritaville on Escape? Just check all the reviews/photos/menu pics of that the past year.

Yeah I'm not that NCL savvy, only cruised on NCL once on Breakaway last month. It just didn't look like much from all the work that could be heard going on. We usually sail RCI and are going back next year. Just was curious, thanks for the reply.

Burgers are $7 ish. There's a menu floating around these threads somewhere, I saw it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stupid question, why in the world would I buy a burger for 7 bucks or any bucks when I can get a free one in O'Sheehan's or the buffet? I don't get it. The burger in O'Sheehans is fantastic.

Stupid question, why in the world would I buy a burger for 7 bucks or any bucks when I can get a free one in O'Sheehan's or the buffet? I don't get it. The burger in O'Sheehans is fantastic.

You can't get the same Margaritas in O'Sheehans that you can there, and those ARE free if you have the UBP. The biggest problem with the free version of Margaritaville, and the Uptown Grill that preceded Nargarittaville on the Breakaway was that you had to stand in line for 20 minutes to get the free burgers. I'm sorry but I'd rather pay 7 bucks and have a quiet place to drink my drink and eat my burger than a kid filled rat race filled up with the usual no frills crowd. I won't go to the trough for the same reason if I can avoid it, exception being early in the morning before an excursion or late at night for a quick snack. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this (well not much anyway:rolleyes:) but the higher prices keep the riffraff out.

You can't get the same Margaritas in O'Sheehans that you can there, and those ARE free if you have the UBP. The biggest problem with the free version of Margaritaville, and the Uptown Grill that preceded Nargarittaville on the Breakaway was that you had to stand in line for 20 minutes to get the free burgers. I'm sorry but I'd rather pay 7 bucks and have a quiet place to drink my drink and eat my burger than a kid filled rat race filled up with the usual no frills crowd. I won't go to the trough for the same reason if I can avoid it, exception being early in the morning before an excursion or late at night for a quick snack. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this (well not much anyway:rolleyes:) but the higher prices keep the riffraff out.

Riff Raff at the burger bar. :eek:

Hahaha

You can't get the same Margaritas in O'Sheehans that you can there, and those ARE free if you have the UBP. The biggest problem with the free version of Margaritaville, and the Uptown Grill that preceded Nargarittaville on the Breakaway was that you had to stand in line for 20 minutes to get the free burgers. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this (well not much anyway:rolleyes:) but the higher prices keep the riffraff out.

I agree;) Being for fee will also stop the "I'll get that burger" even though I ain't really hungry. Less partially eaten burgers laying all over the place.

When RCCL made Johnny Rockets have a cover charge, boy didn't that do wonders on how much cleaner the ship became. Prior you would see the half eaten burgers and cups of french fry placed all over the place and the paper from the burgers wrappers was always blowing around.

I for one intend on going to Margarittaville at least once on the 10/30 BA cruise. Hoping its up to snuff. I'll find out.

Last year the same week, the Uptown Grill was a ghost town. (As told to me by my nephew and his GF). They too are looking forward to Margarittaville.

Wow, just wow is all I can say. Maybe you should switch to Cunard where the civilized people sail. Us 3rd class with kids are unruly awful passengers I guess. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Lots of people are just that dumb.
Or people have different taste. There's that.

Personally, I think the burgers in O'Sheehan's and the buffet suck. I think the burgers at Margaritaville are great. That said, I ate lunch there 8 times when it was still a free venue, so they might not taste as good now. Who knows.

The food overall is much better quality at MV than at O'Sheehan's though. Just compare the nachos. At O'Sheehan's you will get 8 chips (yes, 8 - I counted them) on a tiny plate with a bit of snotty cheese drizzled that hit 4 of the 8 chips, and a few bacon bits. The nachos at Margaritaville are a ginormous pile of everything. See this link: http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/wp-content/gallery/margaritaville/20151101_130748.jpg Consider that the difference in the burgers might be similar, and there you go.

Edited by LrgPizza

It doesn't have much of a Margaritaville Vibe to it. Really thought they could have done a bit more with decor. Bar is very good - Novemar and Ryan both make really good drinks. We ended up ordering nachos and pretzels there one day. Nachos are huge and we had plenty for 5 people. We also saw the burgers, which looked really good - a lot better than the burgers in O'Sheehan's. Though I don't think I would have paid for the burgers though.

I just got off of the Getaway on Sunday and I really enjoyed Margarittaville. The burger is delicious!!!! I did not have the O'Sheehan's burger, so I can't compare, but my husband had both and he liked the Margarittaville one so much more. The chips, salsa, and queso were really good too. I saw the nachos being ordered a lot and they were a huge, heaping plate! My mother-in-law really liked the banana drink on the drink menu there. I give it two thumbs up!! I only wish I had room for the key lime pie...

I walked by it twice last week on the Breakaway and thought to myself, is this it? I was expecting a venue with lots of Jimmy Buffet music playing and in inviting place to eat. Instead it was a ghost town and just looked like another place to sit and eat.

I walked by it twice last week on the Breakaway and thought to myself, is this it? I was expecting a venue with lots of Jimmy Buffet music playing and in inviting place to eat. Instead it was a ghost town and just looked like another place to sit and eat.

Agreed. I was on the 10/16 cruise with my husband who loves Jimmy Buffet and was all about visiting this venue prior to seeing it. He thought we were in the wrong space until I pointed out the tabletops and sign (the only 2 things that identify this area as Margaritaville). We didn't stay to try anything.

The food overall is much better quality at MV than at O'Sheehan's though. Just compare the nachos. At O'Sheehan's you will get 8 chips (yes, 8 - I counted them) on a tiny plate with a bit of snotty cheese drizzled that hit 4 of the 8 chips, and a few bacon bits. The nachos at Margaritaville are a ginormous pile of everything.

So true. We just asked for double toppings...Lots of runny cheesy and bacon bits :)

I have heard the same about the Uptown Grill on the Breakaway. Maybe it is not in a location that will attract customers. Location, Location, Location... I am curious about the place, I have never been to a land based margaritaville so I won't be disappointed that it does not have the same vibe. I have never really cared for the burgers out side Cagneys (sliders). Maybe Margarittavills will be a hit for me. Its not like I will be getting hamburgers all the time, but I do intend to purchase at least one. With all the money I am saving getting complimentary beverages, I can afford to spend a little on other things.

I have heard the same about the Uptown Grill on the Breakaway. Maybe it is not in a location that will attract customers. Location, Location, Location... I am curious about the place, I have never been to a land based margaritaville so I won't be disappointed that it does not have the same vibe. I have never really cared for the burgers out side Cagneys (sliders). Maybe Margarittavills will be a hit for me. Its not like I will be getting hamburgers all the time, but I do intend to purchase at least one. With all the money I am saving getting complimentary beverages, I can afford to spend a little on other things.

I'll tell you what, that UBP saves you so much money its crazy. We don't even drink that much but it was still worth it big time. We spent like 200 bucks on the ship and that is unheard of for us. You'll enjoy that package. That being said if we were to book again, we would get a balcony as we always do, and I think get the free gratuities and free internet deal. Then we'd just get the soda package which is cheap, and buy the few drinks we have each day. We definitely drank more because we had the package but I don't have to have it.

it was definitely UNDER done. i didnt really look around except to find the front desk and look at the menu. i would have paid for it but one night i went up and realized it was after 5 when i saw how empty it was. i do not understand their hours! why not 11 to 2 and 5 to 8 instead of 12 to 5. seems totally nuts and waste of space. i did like some things on the menu so i guess next time.

I'll tell you what, that UBP saves you so much money its crazy. We don't even drink that much but it was still worth it big time. We spent like 200 bucks on the ship and that is unheard of for us. You'll enjoy that package. That being said if we were to book again, we would get a balcony as we always do, and I think get the free gratuities and free internet deal. Then we'd just get the soda package which is cheap, and buy the few drinks we have each day. We definitely drank more because we had the package but I don't have to have it.

You have to drink 5-7 drinks/day, every day, to make the UBP worth it. You think that "isn't drinking much?"

You have to drink 5-7 drinks/day, every day, to make the UBP worth it. You think that "isn't drinking much?"

At roughly over $13 per drink, at $94 for the charge it only takes 1 drink a day to balance out the "free" package cost.

I absolutely had more than my fare share without ever being drunk on the trip. I had 2-3 of the Incommunicado each day at Margaritaville, tried either a Daiquiri, Mudslide, Bushwacker, Margarita or something else each day, a couple jolly rancher shots, and then 3-4 Sidecars in the evening.

Since anyone that wants the UBP will certainly take it as one of the Free At Sea options, it only costs a $100 or so for the 18% upfront gratuities. $100 at cruise ship prices for seven days isn't really drinking much.

5-7 will be drunk by pool in an afternoon . Does not include morning Bloody, Friends of Dorothy HH, or wine with dinner and cocktail dancing.

I already have a mother, thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by MrMan