Transport from ft. Lauderdale to miami

Arwen

Hello All!

We have been cruisers for a long time, but we will be taking our first NCL cruise in just a few weeks, out of Miami, to the Caribbean.

We are flying from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and will stay at the Embassy Suites for two nights.

We have looked at various options for transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. My hubby thinks that taking an Uber is the best option.

I would like to hear from those of you who have actually made the trip between the two cities. What did you find as the best option?

We did check availability of shuttle service for that route and could not find any.

My concern with going with Uber (after reading a variety of reviews) is that it can be unreliable. However, if there are Uber shuttles that make this run that that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

We have used SAS in the past. I believe we could arrange a hotel pick up with them. They were definitely the best way to get back to the FLL airport from the ship after disembarking. This was before Uber came to be. It is $15 pp for shared service and I just checked their website. They do pick up from the Embassy Suites (our favorite FLL hotel). If you are looking for something to do in Ft. Lauderdale you can walk from the hotel to the dock where you can take the water taxi around. I think I found discount tickets on Expedia - it was a fun way to spend the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had SAS planned for my trip from FLL to my hotel in Miami 2 weeks ago. When Jeff showed up he had 12 people in his van. He said it holds 14. It was very crowded so I declined and used Lyft. The trip was $32 right to my hotel - non-stop.

Hello All!

We have been cruisers for a long time, but we will be taking our first NCL cruise in just a few weeks, out of Miami, to the Caribbean.

We are flying from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and will stay at the Embassy Suites for two nights.

We have looked at various options for transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. My hubby thinks that taking an Uber is the best option.

I would like to hear from those of you who have actually made the trip between the two cities. What did you find as the best option?

We did check availability of shuttle service for that route and could not find any.

My concern with going with Uber (after reading a variety of reviews) is that it can be unreliable. However, if there are Uber shuttles that make this run that that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

QLS or SAS will pick you up at the hotel for $20pp.

Strong endorsement for Jiffy Jeff. New,clean, black Mercedes vans. Jeff also provides a verbal tour during the trip. Prce $15pp, cash.

If you rent a car for use for two days and drop iit in Miami. Just book with a company that will shuttle you to the Port. We used Avis post cruise and it was easy.

SAS was ok from Fort Lauderdale hotel to Miami port but the return from the port to the hotel was NOT ok. It took the driver one hr and 50 min!!! to get us to the hotel in FL which was near the airport. He circled the port several times and also circled the FL airport several times picking up and letting off passengers. Would not use the service again due to having to sit in the van that long.

Have used SAS for years with no major problems and have them booked again for Thanksgiving.

If you are using them during high season, they may refuse a fare from the Port of Miami back to a Fort Lauderdale area hotel, as they are busy taking guests to the airport. The priority is to get passengers to the airport, so that may explain why a previous poster had such a long drop-off time. For post-cruise stays, I rent a car.

We just used John's Car Service last week from Ft Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel, and then again from Miami cruise port to Ft Lauderdale airport. They were reliable and on time. There were 4 of us (and 6 bags) and we were picked up in a big black vehicle with two rows of seats in the back. Lots of room and working air conditioning and seatbelts. It cost $95 total each way.

Why do you say Uber is unreliable? I think they're fantastic. Been Ubering at home and in SoFlo for a couple years now (we live in Chicago, have a place in Boca) nothing negative is coming to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi!

I live in Seattle and I checked the Yelp reviews for Uber (not a fair comparison since reviews can vary from city to city). The reviews were not all glowing. But maybe they were reviews posted by disgruntled taxi drivers :p

Arwen, did you look at the taxi reviews as a comparison. At least in Denver, the taxi reviews looked so bad I decided the bus would be more reliable. But it is likely a much higher % of the dissatisfied customers bother to write reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums