What do people do to keep their kids from losing their Sea Pass cards?

Get a lanyard and have them punch a hole in it. Connect the card to the lanyard and make your kids keep it around their neck at all times they are outside the cabin. We just did this and it worked like a charm. My 12 year old son loses everything, and I mean everything and even he mananged to never lose his card.

Our kids used a lanyard (ages 6 and 10) on their first cruise. That worked well for us. They ended up treating their sea pass like a medal of honor so them losing it wasn't an issue for us. LOL

Edited by 71Corvette

You can get guest services to punch a hole in it and put it on a lanyard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you sign your kids up for AO they can also put the sea pass on a lanyard when you sign the kids up. Saves a trip to guest services.

Edited by 71Corvette

Oh shoot, I just read this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51395494&postcount=1

Over the years while cruising I have found it convenient to punch a hole in the "room card". However, I received the following from a good friend currently on the HOTS' transatlantic.

WARNING for anyone going on the Harmony of the Seas: DO NOT PUNCH HOLES IN YOUR SEA PASS!!! They contain RFID technology & will NOT work if you do. We found out the hard way when we couldn't get back into our room after doing so. There were a lot of people down at the customer service desk getting new cards this afternoon.

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

AO = Adventure Ocean, the onboard kids program. Ours didn't think they'd like it but ended up loving it.

My understanding is there's a special place on the new sea pass cards that can still be hole punched (hearsay, but it makes sense). I find it hard to believe there's no place on the card that can have a hole punched in it. I wouldn't sweat it, just ask them while on board.

AO = Adventure Ocean, the onboard kids program. Ours didn't think they'd like it but ended up loving it.

My understanding is there's a special place on the new sea pass cards that can still be hole punched (hearsay, but it makes sense). I find it hard to believe there's no place on the card that can have a hole punched in it. I wouldn't sweat it, just ask them while on board.

Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Is it included or is there an additional charge?

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

I agree with lanyards but also give them a warning. One time my son was fooling around while waiting on the stairs, slipping the card between that glass partition, and it actually fell in between the railings, down a few flights of stairs. We were getting off for a port excursion and I was not happy, lol. Luckily it somehow fell out on the way down and we were able to retrieve it fairly quickly.

Edited by marci22

My kids are 9 and 10 and until now, haven't needed to have their cards with them. We put them on lanyards and I control them for getting on and off the ship. We always sign them in/out of the kid's club so no need for them to have a key.

This cruise in a few weeks, we may let them have in/out privileges from the kid's club which means they will need their own keys.

My daughter made lanyards with rainbow loom. You can buy the lobster claws from Michael's to clip on a whole-punched card.

Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Is it included or is there an additional charge?

Adventure Ocean is included. Our kids loved it too. You should register them right after you board whether they intend to go or not. I have heard it does fill up on some sailings. They also have a late night program that is an additional charge.

Harmony also has WOW bands available. We are on Harmony right now for the TA and if we had the kids, I would have gotten them the bands. When we take the kids on Freedom in January, our 11 year old will have his on a lanyard. We did that with him when he was almost 10 and he was fine. Not sure how I will deal with almost 6 year old. I may keep hers as she'd loose her head if it weren't attached.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

On Oasis and Quantum class ships you can buy a RFID wrist band $4.95 - we did this for our son and it worked out great. You still need the card to get on and off the ship, but he was always with us and I held his card with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums