Transportation from San Pedro to LAX

chloe45

I haven't pre-booked any transportation. What would be cheaper shuttle or taxi? I'm thinking shuttle. It's my understanding that there are plenty of shuttles and taxis waiting at the port. My flight is at 12:30pm. I won't know if we have TSA pre-check until the day before disembarkation when I print my boarding passes. DH will turn 75 on the cruise which I believe is the magic number for skipping the taking off shoes etc. The last few times we flew he's usually gets it. If he does I usually do too. Whether we have pre-check will determine when we get off the ship which is why I didn't pre-book transportation. Why sit at the airport when we can enjoy the ship a little longer.

I understand it won't be hard to find shared shuttles at the terminal.

But I wouldn't wait that long to get off the ship. Most advice I saw was to not book a flight before 1 pm so your 12:30 flight puts you in a position where you'll want to get out and to the airport.

I haven't pre-booked any transportation. What would be cheaper shuttle or taxi? I'm thinking shuttle. It's my understanding that there are plenty of shuttles and taxis waiting at the port. My flight is at 12:30pm. I won't know if we have TSA pre-check until the day before disembarkation when I print my boarding passes. DH will turn 75 on the cruise which I believe is the magic number for skipping the taking off shoes etc. The last few times we flew he's usually gets it. If he does I usually do too. Whether we have pre-check will determine when we get off the ship which is why I didn't pre-book transportation. Why sit at the airport when we can enjoy the ship a little longer.

Taxi approx $60

Super Shuttle/Prime Time $17pp.

Plenty of shuttles available.

We had a res 2 different times and they never had it when we arrived at the shuttle stand.

So now we don't bother we just show up, no res needed.

Super Shuttle and Prime Time will be at the port when you disembark. You can pre-book on line and get a small discount. Pre-booking is not time specific. Other than breakfast in the DR there is little to enjoy on the ship. You must be out of your cabin by 8am. You sit in your assigned lounge waiting for your color/number to be announced. There are no ship wide announcements so you have to be in the lounge to hear them. I would think you would have to be on the road around 9:30 especially if you disembark during the work week.

We booked Ontime1 for our transportation to LAX. Excellent service, $65.00 for a private Town Car. Get a quote from them. Our flight was at 1315 and we got off the ship at 0930. Driver was waiting in staging area. Wife caught an Uber to our daughters house in Long Beach and her fare was $35.00.

Luckily we took a copy of our paid res.

They wanted to charge us again.

I don't waste my time with that anymore.

We have had similar problems with them. The people in the corporate office do a poor job of communicating with the individual drivers at the ports.

Earlier this year we used PrimeTime shuttle. It worked out well. We had a reserved time and ended up getting off earlier. They checked us off the list electronically and put us on the next shuttle.

Taxi approx $60

Super Shuttle/Prime Time $17pp.

Plenty of shuttles available.

We had a res 2 different times and they never had it when we arrived at the shuttle stand.

So now we don't bother we just show up, no res needed.

It's still $17pp if your going from LAX to a hotel in San Pedro (Crowne Plaza) pre cruise, but both Super Shuttle & Prime Time have increased their fares from pier to LAX. Just booked Super Shuttle for a November return... fare is now $32pp.

It's still $17pp if your going from LAX to a hotel in San Pedro (Crowne Plaza) pre cruise, but both Super Shuttle & Prime Time have increased their fares from pier to LAX. Just booked Super Shuttle for a November return... fare is now $32pp.

I just did a mock reservation on the Super Shuttle website with a discount code (10%) and received a quote of $39.80 for TWO. That is $19.90 pp.

It is also my understanding that presenting a paper copy of the reservation will get you on the next shuttle.

Our experience at LAX with Super Shuttle (and no reservation) was that the shuttle was sitting there waiting when we walked out of the airport. However, we sat there for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for the shuttle to fill up. We finally left for the airport with only 6 passengers rather than wait for 2 more. We had no time issues as our flight was at 12:45 but if our schedule had been tighter I would have been very worried.

And now that the pricing has been mentioned, although we paid on the shuttle ($17 pp, I believe) there was a lady on our shuttle who had prepaid her reservation and when she heard what we were paying she complained that she had prepaid $32 for a one way trip for herself alone. She spent ten or fifteen minutes on the phone to Super Shuttle but was not able to resolve the price difference.

For each person added to the reservation the price goes down pp. We will be a group of four next year and right now our price pp is $15.45. The same reservation for just one person is $28.80. This is with a discount code that is easily obtained online.

Our experience at LAX with Super Shuttle (and no reservation) was that the shuttle was sitting there waiting when we walked out of the airport. However, we sat there for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for the shuttle to fill up. We finally left for the airport with only 6 passengers rather than wait for 2 more. We had no time issues as our flight was at 12:45 but if our schedule had been tighter I would have been very worried.

And now that the pricing has been mentioned, although we paid on the shuttle ($17 pp, I believe) there was a lady on our shuttle who had prepaid her reservation and when she heard what we were paying she complained that she had prepaid $32 for a one way trip for herself alone. She spent ten or fifteen minutes on the phone to Super Shuttle but was not able to resolve the price difference.

????????? What direction are you talking about

Edited by Yehootu
More???

We have used Super Shuttle which was waiting at the ship to take pax back to LAX (same LAX to ship). We did have a reservation and they recognized we had already paid - we had the receipt of course! We easily made a 12:45 PM flight. However traffic on the freeways from the ship to LAX can be horrible (ask anyone from SoCal) so be flexible.

TSA rule is that anyone 72 and above does not have to take off their shoes when passing through security.

We have had similar problems with them. The people in the corporate office do a poor job of communicating with the individual drivers at the ports.

that was our problem with Prime time. whoever scheduled the drivers sent ours to the wrong location on both ends of the reservation. I had my print out of the confirmation email that I brought to the curbside rep after we got off our cruise and he couldn't find our name on his list. He called his office and the woman on the other end, I kid you not, started arguing with him that we were supposed to be at our house, where our driver had just shown up. I was standing next to him and overheard both ends of the conversation. And this was 14 days after they had sent the driver to the port to pick us up while we were waiting at our house on our embarkation day.

We will never use them again.