Online Check-In help - Do we need credit card?

You won't be able to charge anything to your card unless you have put down cash at guest services or put a credit card on your account.

We have done one cruise with cash only and won't do that again, it was far too much of a hassle.

Gotcha! Good to know!

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

Does that mean they just send us a bill?

Go to guest services once you board. Put cash on the acct. You can't use your sea pass unless there's cash or cc on the acct. Need to be able to "charge" against something. (cash or cc)

Go to guest services once you board. Put cash on the acct. You can't use your sea pass unless there's cash or cc on the acct. Need to be able to "charge" against something. (cash or cc)

That's not correct. If you select a cash account you don't have to put anything down up front, they will allow you to charge $500 to your account before asking you to go to guest services and pay it down

That's not correct. If you select a cash account you don't have to put anything down up front, they will allow you to charge $500 to your account before asking you to go to guest services and pay it down

This is the correct information!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

You won't be able to charge anything to your card unless you have put down cash at guest services or put a credit card on your account.

We have done one cruise with cash only and won't do that again, it was far too much of a hassle.

You do not have to put any money down for a cash account. You can charge up to $500 before you have to go put money down.

You do not have to put any money down for a cash account. You can charge up to $500 before you have to go put money down.

That was not the case in 2013, and not what I was told by guest services for my cruise in December.

Do you have something stating this?

That was not the case in 2013, and not what I was told by guest services for my cruise in December.

Do you have something stating this?

I have had many cash accounts and like the others stated have always been allowed to charge up to $500 before being asked to pay it down.

Unfortunately the website does incorrectly state that you need to put money down and that is what the shoreside reps who have never been on a ship are reading and relaying to you.

Last year there was a deal for OBC for Canadians and we had a separate thread going and there were literally hundreds of us who set up the cash account with no money down.

We always do cash, first thing we do is go to guest services and put money on the account. I think its easier, and we like it better. I had no idea about the $500 before they ask for money on the account, good to know though.

Not only can you charge $500 before you *have to* put cash down, but that's $500 over any OBC you have.

This is direct experience on Freedom this March.

I tried to put money down at checkin; they told me to go to Guest Services. I went to GS and they told me that I could do it later once I hit that mark. So I did. :)