The best thing about NCL vs other cruiseline?

hladygirl

Every line is different and has all it's own part of special.

Love laid-back NCL. Don't have to even think about dressing up and the Thermal spa is so Great!

Love sophisticated Holland America. They do speakers, and symposiums, and workshops so well.

Love adventurous Princess. Their variety of cruise-tours has quite an appeal.

Love stylish Celebrity. They do things with modern style.

Love trendy Royal Caribbean. Those big ships certainly make a statement.

Can you tell - we don't have frequent-sailor on any line? We look at when we want to go, then who is offering what itinerary for what price. And we select the better option for what suits our fancy.

I walk on the ship expecting to have a great time - and I usually do!

The product is remarkably similar to the other mainstream offerings in my opinion. Freestlye dining initially set them apart but it has now become standard on other lines. What is setting them apart right now are the included perks. The value of UBP for one makes many itineraries a bargain if you were apt to purchase a beverage package on a similar cruise.

The biggest difference for us is the suite experience on NCL is superior to that on other lines. We've had suites on Princess and HAL and they were great but after having a suite on NCL we were totally spoiled.

I really enjoy the free style dining – I didn't realize how much until I cruised on a Disney ship (again) and felt very constricted as to dining time, table, servers, menu, etc.

Speaking as a solo cruiser, I really like NCL's focus on the solo cruiser, (well, at least with the newer ships), with the dedicated studios, lounge, and host to help you meet up with people when you want to dine or do other activities with others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The product is remarkably similar to the other mainstream offerings in my opinion. Freestlye dining initially set them apart but it has now become standard on other lines. What is setting them apart right now are the included perks. The value of UBP for one makes many itineraries a bargain if you were apt to purchase a beverage package on a similar cruise.

All these lines will pick what works from each one and duplicate it.

So that is why you now see Celebrity with the same drink package included like UBP.

It all depends on you as a person. Are you young with no kids, more mature with kids, Old with no kids?

If you are in the first two I would say stick to NCL,

If your Old you should try Princess and HAL you don't find kids on there ships and they have that whole fake fancy thing the old folks like.

Royal is great and similar to NCL they tend to be a little more pricey for the same experience also I never likes there older ships.

Carnival I always liked but I only like the newer ships the old ones are so dated and they are slow to keep up with the times. No good packages and you pay nearly the same as NCL.

When Carnival downgraded their onboard live music years ago, I found NCL. I was very loyal to NCL until the last few years when I've branched out and tried other lines. I now enjoy switching it up amongst lines. It seems to keep the whole cruising experience 'fresher' for me. That having been said, nobody does Freestyle like NCL, but others lines are getting real close.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

What is the best thing you like about NCL vs other cruiselines you have experienced? We are platinum with NCL and have never cruised another company. Are we missing something? Should we look into other cruiselines!

Yes, you are missing having anything to which you can compare NCL. You may wind up strongly preferring NCL above all others, but without knowing what else is out there............ ?

The only thing that comes close to Haven (heaven!) is Princess suite with access to the Sanctuary, but you have to rush to get a reservation there. Nothing is rushed in the Haven. Also booking shows and getting the best seats.

I guess this depends on the ship. The Haven section, at least on Epic, Getaway, and Escape, is certainly not the best seats in the theater.

Heya! I'm also platinum on NCL and have cruised on MSC/Cunard but didn't enjoy them as much at all. My favourite thing about NCL is how much there is to do on the ships, plus the food and of course the drink! I have way too much to write here, I wrote a whole blog post about it if anybody is interested :) http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/08/my-favourite-10-things-about-cruising-with-ncl/

Quite a fan :')

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not an experienced cruiser, I've cruised once on Carnival which actually almost turned me off from cruising. I'm a solo traveler on land trips and decided cruises offer more bang for the buck and explored other lines besides Carnival. I picked NCL because it is solo friendly. I'm doing a TA next year and picked NCL because of the cost for one person. I have cruises booked with other lines but I see myself always checking NCL for that solo supplement.

Edited by rayness