Is the Navigator bad or is Rccl bad

antsp

Hate the new photo program that places writing all over the photo so you can't take a photo of the photo. Very difficult to chose a photo when most of it is obscured.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on Liberty in September, the computer program could not find our photos. We never received or purchased any, because of that. We checked several times, but never bothered to ask.

If people were taking photos of their photos instead of purchasing them... I think they (the cruise line) have every right to make it harder to do.

When we were on Liberty in September, the computer program could not find our photos. We never received or purchased any, because of that. We checked several times, but never bothered to ask.

If people were taking photos of their photos instead of purchasing them... I think they (the cruise line) have every right to make it harder to do.

No problem with the words on the pic,but should not be all over so you cannot see your face. The wording across in a diagonal serves the purpose.

We are on board now. We understand from a couple of pinnacles that have been on board since early November and are stuck on til march, that the real loyalty ambassador left with a family emergency and a replacement from GR took over, they lasted 2 weeks and walked off the ship and did not return.

Food in MDR is sub par. All the dishes that I enjoy have been tasteless and a few not even recognizable. ( we just did 22 days on Jewel in oct/nov so I have current comparisons).

Diamond lounge is excellently run by Allen but that is the only good part of the loyalty situation. We just attended the meal with an officer for over 350 days and it was the absolute worst ever. 35 minutes to order, awful menu and it seemed as if there was a surprise that we were there. Have never been on a ship that separated the pinnacles and D+ over 350 for this lunch but they did. Nadja the concierge is rarely present in the lounge and is pretty clueless when asked a question.

GR desk very uninformed.

Hate the new photo program that places writing all over the photo so you can't take a photo of the photo. Very difficult to chose a photo when most of it is obscured.

Laura must have been with you on Jewel, can't believe you are on this one as well. She stayed on for the 9 day southern and was unimpressed. Maybe it's the location. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'll have to find out details on Sunday. I do no there was no bubbly. And no Crystal block.

I really don't need another Oasis block, but the couple that turned PC chose Navigator expecting to get one. Just another inconsistency.

The couple can contact C&A to see if they can send them a Navigator crystal block.

Hoping to hear the details of the "sad ceremony" now that Laura is home.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Room was dirty, hairs in bathroom, old shoes in wardrobe, dirty glasses in fridge. Complained to pursuers desk, not interested. Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry, dirty uncleared tables etc. Bar service very slow, massive lines to be served. Dining rooms menu, no changes really through the week, desserts very poor. General dirty conditions throughout the ship, plates and food left in elevators and corridors and a few hours later still there, is that enough

We had the same issues on our B2B on Independence in Jan/Feb 2014

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The worst Top Tier Event I have been to, is the Sail away party (which was in-lew-of a "real" Top Tier Party) was on Oasis, which only had a miserable party on the helicopter pad, in the middle of the Haiti mid-day sun!!!

We just did this on Allure back in October but I thought it was for suite guests. We usually skip the top tier events. We had a nice conversation with the assistant hotel director and the beverage director. The running joke is they're the only Americans working on the ship. I put my plug in for more craft beers and the beverage director said he has been lobbying for a brew pub on the new builds. Time will tell.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just returned from B2B Navigator cruises on Dec 4 & 9. I observed most of the negatives people have talked about in this thread. I understand some can be explained away as a sign of the times. But on these two cruises there were a lot more people than usual talking about problems and disappointments with food, customer service, and maintenance on the Navigator. It was more than just pissy top tier people who voiced negative concerns. Complaints ran the gamut from 1st time cruisers through Pinnacles.

I, too, have a long cruise on Navigator booked for next year. Based on my experience this month, I am considering changing to a different ship. I hope improvements are made in a lot of areas on Navigator. If not, being on board can still be a good cruise-with unpleasant annoyances.

The couple can contact C&A to see if they can send them a Navigator crystal block.

Yes! Please share the details. We still have a ways to go, but I am always curious about the Pinnacle events. And we will be sailing on Navigator B2B in February.

I believe enough has been said.

We did receive our 700 point crystal block later(not at the Pinnacle presentation). We also received a bottle of wine from the Diamond Lounge concierge and one from the Concierge Lounge concierge. The Food and Beverage Manager sent us two platters of fruit and cheese. We also received a photo of the Captain and guest service manager presenting our pinnacle stratum.(Just photo ops, but real one will be mailed along with our pinnacle pins and certificate for complimentary cruise. We were invited to a very nice luncheon with officers for Pinnacles. We were given our Gold Pinnacle Sea Pass Cards.

One other single man and another couple were recognized as new pinnacle members, also. Laura was presented her 490 crystal block during the same ceremony. The top three cruisers/cruise couples, and a couple of other higher crystal block recipients were called up for photos, too. There were two ceremonies(one at 5:00 and one at 7:30). After the presentations, we had a short ice show performance.

I think the main issue this cruise was no loyalty ambassador and over 700 D, D+, and Pinnacles onboard. The guest service manager and Nadja seemed to be trying to do their jobs and the LA job.

Food choices are going down in RCI (IMHO), which caused us to go to Johnny Rockets one night and Windjammer a couple of nights. This was my 17th cruise this year(12 weeks on 6 different Royal Caribbean ships since last week in August). Food choices same on all....

I'm booked for April 2018, far enough away for a lot of changes to take place, but so many unified negative comments are giving me concern over keeping this ship or looking for another brand with a similar itinerary. I really like the itinerary for the 9 night southern; it works perfectly for work schedule and has a good balance of sea days for me.

How about Kids stuff on the Navigator?

We did receive our 700 point crystal block later(not at the Pinnacle presentation). We also received a bottle of wine from the Diamond Lounge concierge and one from the Concierge Lounge concierge. The Food and Beverage Manager sent us two platters of fruit and cheese. We also received a photo of the Captain and guest service manager presenting our pinnacle stratum.(Just photo ops, but real one will be mailed along with our pinnacle pins and certificate for complimentary cruise. We were invited to a very nice luncheon with officers for Pinnacles. We were given our Gold Pinnacle Sea Pass Cards.

One other single man and another couple were recognized as new pinnacle members, also. Laura was presented her 490 crystal block during the same ceremony. The top three cruisers/cruise couples, and a couple of other higher crystal block recipients were called up for photos, too. There were two ceremonies(one at 5:00 and one at 7:30). After the presentations, we had a short ice show performance.

I think the main issue this cruise was no loyalty ambassador and over 700 D, D+, and Pinnacles onboard. The guest service manager and Nadja seemed to be trying to do their jobs and the LA job.

Food choices are going down in RCI (IMHO), which caused us to go to Johnny Rockets one night and Windjammer a couple of nights. This was my 17th cruise this year(12 weeks on 6 different Royal Caribbean ships since last week in August). Food choices same on all....

Kay....thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on achieving Pinnacle. Good to hear you got your block too. Welcome to the club!

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thanks Kay! :D:):D

Thanks for sharing your experience Kay and Congratulations on achieving Pinnacle. Glad you got your block. Sounds like your PC recognition was like many we've seen.

We've seen some PC celebrations in lounges, theaters, aqua theater, and Studio B. The huge numbers of C&A members onboard may help determine where some are held, except on Oasis class ships. All those that I have seen have been held in Aqua Theater. I have seen some on Freedom class ships in a lounge, theater, and Studio B.

Congratulations on reaching Pinnacle!!!

I'm booked for April 2018, far enough away for a lot of changes to take place, but so many unified negative comments are giving me concern over keeping this ship or looking for another brand with a similar itinerary. I really like the itinerary for the 9 night southern; it works perfectly for work schedule and has a good balance of sea days for me.

How about Kids stuff on the Navigator?

Which date are you booked for? We're booked for April 13, 2018 9 night to ABC islands. Looking forward to meeting you if you'll be on same cruise. If so, what ages will your kid(s) be?

As for a large number of the negative reviews, I noticed that a lot of them were on cruises from the U.K. May be a newer crew onboard, or simply a matter of cultural differences from US cruisers?