Is the Navigator bad or is Rccl bad

antsp

I've always had a lobster night on ALL of my Caribbean cruises. Maybe in the Mediterranean too? I don't remember for sure on that one (too many exciting things to do and see, and the best tablemates, and lots of wine, so I honestly don't remember :))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on B2B 11/27 and 12/4. While it wasn't a horrible cruise by any sorts, there were a lot of things that I'm used to seeing RCCL Do Better.

I didn't notice the ship dirty at all, or any thing as bad as the OP stated - but it also doesn't sound like I was on his cruise.

Here is what I did notice. Amenities - had to go to Loyalty almost every day to get them delivered. Took several tries on both cruises.

Senior Officers not visable at all. No "extras" as you would expect on other ships for Top Tier cruisers.

Of course, I was part of the boarding mishap involving the tent on 11/27. There was minimal communication from the pier agents outside, and each one was giving a different answer. This just added to the frustration of guests when they got on the ship. The first night in the Diamond Club there was no overflow lounge open for 450+ Diamond and above guests.

My stateroom attendant was great, he did a fantastic job with my stateroom.

I did notice the menus were not the normal menus (no lobster night on the 7 day). I usually eat in the Windjammer each night, and aside from a few changes almost everything was the same each night.

Again, the cruise wasn't bad in my opinion... just lacking something.

And I do know on the current cruise (The one where I got off the day it started) there are over 700 Diamond and Above guests - so I hope things were figured out for this one.

So what did you all do to chase the Loyalty Ambassador away. :eek: ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Other issues had to do with the lack of a LA and some of the perks, they are most likely trivial to most people. You know, First World Problems ;)

Lots of needy upper tier C&A members on this time of year.

Or shouldn't that be lower status problems? :D

As far as "needy", this was the first cruise I have ever seen Pinnacles wearing name tags. One was clearly exasperated at one bar that was very busy. He kept waving his gold card trying to get service first. This is also the first time anyone asked my status. I can't fathom why my lowly steerage status mattered to the Diamond. If you don't see me in the Diamond lounge or the CL, clearly I'm in steerage.

I guess I'm not rich enough to enjoy the "finer" life. I have never been to Ruth's Chris so Chops seems pretty good to me (I have been to the Stockyards in Nashville and the Golden Steer in Vegas). I also have realistic expectations. Cooking meals for 3,500+ to be served nearly simultaneously is a difficult task. Perhaps those that don't like the service on RCCL should try a different line. I never thought Cunard was on par with Princess. Perhaps Azumara? Regent? Smaller vessels can cater better with less pax count. And with five figures per person, they can afford to give better service.

Kuff, you seem to have some problems using the quote function, I've tried to fix it but it's still not quite right.

I am pleased to say that Laura's letter was addressed and several fixes are in motion.

First off she has a new TV. It actually works as expected now.

Second, the Food and Beverage manner apologized for the poor responses and is sending someone by the table this evening to speak with them.

Third, she has called into GS twice this afternoon (to thank them and to ask to be connected to another room) and have found wait times to be reasonable.

Finally, the First World Problems (I fixed that, thanks) were really about others not so much herself. With the absence of a Loyalty Ambassador, many things usually done are falling through the cracks.

First example, she met a couple in the CL who just turned D+ and were lamenting the fact that there was no one to give her a D+ pin. Some folks do like them and they are expected. Please don't judge. Anyway Laura offered to give the woman her pin. They of course refused to take it, but Laura insisted. It was still in it's cardstock holder.

Second example, Laura is travelling with a couple who turned Pinnacle, and the ceremony was less than memorable. Now, if you are someone turning Pinnacle, you have witnessed dozens of these ceremonies over the years. You have an expectation of what it will be like. This one was just sad.

These transgressions are entirely related to the missing LA. It might be difficult to blame Navigator staff because the LA quit, but with as many Diamond and up passengers, but maybe they should have had a second person filling in anyway. If that had been the case at least there would have been someone ready to fill the shoes.

My point is, it is a fine ship, loved by many. However, there can always be issues, and if you want them fixed you need to tell someone.

Thank you to those who replied that lobster is still on the Caribbean sailings from North America. I would have been very disappointed had it not been offered. I guess more for the tradition of it than anything else. It dovetails into the formal nights that we enjoy. I'm one of those "old souls" I guess that likes to be on a ship full of people dressed to the nines enjoying the ship together.

Dan

I'm currently on the Navi, on a 9 night sailing from Miami. Our second formal night is tonight . I asked our server if there would be lobster and he said "Maybe. They said they might change the menu and add it. But they're small, anyways. More like big shrimp." This is from the crew, mind you. If we don't get lobster, this will be a first in any Caribbean sailing on 5 different cruise lines.

I have also noticed issues with the internet and cable. Despite the zoom and stream level, there is no way I could stream anything. I am fully aware we are dealing with satellite internet service and that the Navi does not yet have the upgraded service available on other RCI ships. I just want to confirm the service remains low and unpredictable so people don't have unrealistic expectations.

The TV is also poor. They have one channel that plays a loop of US programs like Big Bang, Person of Interest, and Two Broke Girls. However, they have been looping the same episodes for the past seven days.... also the Smart tv functions that are supposed to let us do things like check our cabin charges and order room service are not working, at least in our cabin. I will be notifying maintenance to see if they can fix it. We have already had them out to fix a very difficult to open sliding Glassdoor and a mini fridge who's interior was warmer than the ambient air. Neither are actually fixed, they are just less bad than they were.

Overall, my traveling companion and I are pretty disappointed. It has been a while since we sailed Royal, instead using Celebrity, NCL, and Princess. Royal might have cut a few too many corners for these travelers' tastes. Thankfully, we have a wealth of choices when it comes to cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

John & LaLa:

I'm glad some of the issues have been resolved. I will probably be 104 before I hit Pinnacle. From what I have read here, you don't get your pin mid cruise. Maybe some do? We turned Platinum 3 cruises ago and never received pins. I figured it was just another cost cutting measure. The last night of our last cruise we received ONE pin. Not one for each of us even though we are both Platinum. For all I care they could have kept it since one more night we will be Emerald. But being Emerald isn't really any great achievement. Nor does it really give you more perks. With the exception of the one Pinnacle that couldn't get a drink as fast as he wanted, the other Pinnacles were doted on by the officers and staff. Not judging. Just an observation. My one time I had access to the Concierge Lounge, the guests treated me like garbage telling me that I wasn't allowed there because only "certain" people have access. Even the Concierge was less than friendly. I never went back again.

I am pleased to say that Laura's letter was addressed and several fixes are in motion.

Second example, Laura is travelling with a couple who turned Pinnacle, and the ceremony was less than memorable. Now, if you are someone turning Pinnacle, you have witnessed dozens of these ceremonies over the years. You have an expectation of what it will be like. This one was just sad.

Glad Laura got a new TV and other issues are being addressed.

I'm curious about the Pinnacle recognition event. Care to elaborate on why you say it was sad......and the expectation of how it should be. We've seen several and most we've seen have an officer/officers present, bottle of bubbly presented and a picture taken.

I'll have to find out details on Sunday. I do no there was no bubbly. And no Crystal block.

The last few I've seen the captain told the story of their voyages. It was nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We've never seen the Captain tell the story of their voyages......and we've seen several achieve Pinnacle. What ship(s) was this on? That's a nice touch. There is usually a glass Stratum used for the picture. Then the recipient gets their own mailed to them. No crystal block presented at any we've seen. Was the Captain there? We were at one where no officers were present. To me that was sad. What is your expectation? How the Pinnacle achievemnt event is handled does vary from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing on the same ship. To me their should be a standard protocol. If there was it would avoid disappointment.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Freedom did the story I mentioned. Pretty sure I've seen it for 1050 and 1400 point milestones. Why wouldn't 700 point cruise get a block?

My expectations for Laura's ascension are unique. Luckily I'm going to have around 8 weeks to work on it. 😱

You only live once, right.

Edited by John&LaLa

Freedom did the story I mentioned. Pretty sure I've seen it for 1050 and 1400 point milestones. Why wouldn't 700 point cruise get a block?

My expectations for Laura's ascension are unique. Luckily I'm going to have around 8 weeks to work on it. 😱

I can confirm 700 gets a block.

700 cruise points is the Stratum. Some have reported getting a block too. It's not consistent.....and that's why I say there should be a protocol.

Yes....you only live once. Hope it all works out for Laura. What are your expectations? If it's on Oasis it's pretty standard. Recognition at the Top Tier party at the Aqua Theater. Called up on AQ stage with Captain, Cruise Director and LA. Bottle of bubbly, loaned Stratum and picture. And you hope for good weather. If not, Top Tier party cancelled.

I really don't need another Oasis block, but the couple that turned PC chose Navigator expecting to get one. Just another inconsistency.

I wonder if the LA who quit was the same one who was on the ship in August. It wouldn't surprise me as we found her very offhand and disinterested and although she promised to deliver our first glass block, it never appeared. I didn't bother chasing it up as carrying a kilo or so of glass around for the rest of our holiday wasn't really worth the bother.

John & LaLa:

I'm glad some of the issues have been resolved. I will probably be 104 before I hit Pinnacle. From what I have read here, you don't get your pin mid cruise. Maybe some do? We turned Platinum 3 cruises ago and never received pins. I figured it was just another cost cutting measure. The last night of our last cruise we received ONE pin. Not one for each of us even though we are both Platinum. For all I care they could have kept it since one more night we will be Emerald. But being Emerald isn't really any great achievement. Nor does it really give you more perks. With the exception of the one Pinnacle that couldn't get a drink as fast as he wanted, the other Pinnacles were doted on by the officers and staff. Not judging. Just an observation. My one time I had access to the Concierge Lounge, the guests treated me like garbage telling me that I wasn't allowed there because only "certain" people have access. Even the Concierge was less than friendly. I never went back again.

You should get your pins mid cruise, or on the next one for sure. It depends on the quality and the customer service orientation of the Loyalty Ambassador. We have had very good ones, and very poor ones.

I am sorry that your lounge experience was bad. My husband experienced a poor experience, and now he insists that we purchase the drink packages, so that he doesn't have to go up there.

I pretty much overlook rude or thoughtless people, so I go and have fun. I go up and enjoy meeting others...and I usually wear shorts instead of smart casual. Oh well :D

We are on board now. We understand from a couple of pinnacles that have been on board since early November and are stuck on til march, that the real loyalty ambassador left with a family emergency and a replacement from GR took over, they lasted 2 weeks and walked off the ship and did not return.

Food in MDR is sub par. All the dishes that I enjoy have been tasteless and a few not even recognizable. ( we just did 22 days on Jewel in oct/nov so I have current comparisons).

Diamond lounge is excellently run by Allen but that is the only good part of the loyalty situation. We just attended the meal with an officer for over 350 days and it was the absolute worst ever. 35 minutes to order, awful menu and it seemed as if there was a surprise that we were there. Have never been on a ship that separated the pinnacles and D+ over 350 for this lunch but they did. Nadja the concierge is rarely present in the lounge and is pretty clueless when asked a question.

GR desk very uninformed.

Hate the new photo program that places writing all over the photo so you can't take a photo of the photo. Very difficult to chose a photo when most of it is obscured.

Sent from my iPad using Forums