Is the Navigator bad or is Rccl bad

antsp

Could you please elaborate more about embarkation??

Did you get an email requesting you to board by deck number and a assigned time??

You think if boarding by decks with assigned times would have helped your boarding??

I think you mentioned you had a Royal Family Suite. You would have boarded with the first group. Wouldn't that have made embarkation more pleasant for you and no waiting out in the Sun??

Thanks for your input.

no email so far, but the e=docs paperwork says boarding deck 9 is between 12:00 and 12:45.

however, due to STATUS, Laura can board any time between 11;30 and 4:00

perks are same for all GS and above,disembarkation is really nice and hassle free for suites concierge just walks you down about 8:30, also one of the reasons I love this ship is suite pool seating is in a great location next to bar and close to pool. This ship does have reserved seating for GS suite and above, its just a roped off area, only show that is normally crowded is Ice show. Breakfast at chops is also a great perk

Edited by George C

disembarkation is really nice and hassle free for suites concierge just walks you down about 8:30

I'm not particularly concerned about disembarking. I know that will be Concierge-assisted. My concern is EMbarkation after hearing the recent recounts of standing outside or under a tent for hours unending.

I have asked on a number of different threads, but not really gotten an answer on any of them. Does Miami have a separate Suites security line like the ones at Canaveral and Everglades ? If the "priority boarding" is limited to the check-in line AFTER security then I want to be prepared for that.

Could you please elaborate more about embarkation??

Did you get an email requesting you to board by deck number and a assigned time??

You think if boarding by decks with assigned times would have helped your boarding??

I think you mentioned you had a Royal Family Suite. You would have boarded with the first group. Wouldn't that have made embarkation more pleasant for you and no waiting out in the Sun??

Thanks for your input.

Embarkation was late, and there was a single line for everyone. The issue is that Navigator did not dock at the big fancy terminal building that is normally used (we did dock there to disembark) but four ships down the terminal in what was clearly a cargo ship mooring. As a suite guest, and a diamond, I was hoping for the lounge that's in the terminal building.

Sure, I got an email, but I also had a Air2Sea transfer from the hotel to the ship... not that I was helped any by that. Traffic was horrible, and it took 45 minutes to get to the ship from the hotel!

I think all of the problems came from Navigator not being where it should have been. I'm sure the previous cruisers getting off were also delayed by not having luggage carousels.

Embarkation was late, and there was a single line for everyone. The issue is that Navigator did not dock at the big fancy terminal building that is normally used (we did dock there to disembark) but four ships down the terminal in what was clearly a cargo ship mooring. As a suite guest, and a diamond, I was hoping for the lounge that's in the terminal building.

Sure, I got an email, but I also had a Air2Sea transfer from the hotel to the ship... not that I was helped any by that. Traffic was horrible, and it took 45 minutes to get to the ship from the hotel!

I think all of the problems came from Navigator not being where it should have been. I'm sure the previous cruisers getting off were also delayed by not having luggage carousels.

Could the issue have really been most everyone showed up at 1130 or before and ignored the request to board later? You were is a RFS and would have board in the first group.

No, she can board early BECAUSE of status not FOR status. Words actually have meaning.:rolleyes:

Really. Ok, BECAUSE OF STATUS

I have always said Status has its place.

And it was directed at or too John. I think he understood (I hope). Where you on Serenade??

Edited by troykahack

For those of you worried about the embarkation fiasco some have encountered, I learned something very useful from other threads about that very topic in this forum. It was suggested people check out CruiseTT, then click on Ports. You can look up your specific embarkation day and see how many ships will be the Miami port with you.

If it's 6, you run the risk of Navi having the makeshift Tent terminal. So far, everyone who complained about the Tent/line situation on the Navig, were embarking on a day there were 6 ships in port (at least, from the ones I've seen and checked their sailing date.)

And it was directed at or too John. I think he understood (I hope). Where you on Serenade??

I understood what you mean and truth be told I've never been one to board early. I like the D+ or Suite line inside the terminal, it allows us to get our key cards quickly.

This trip will have 3000 plus passengers and maybe 500 of them are exempt from the published boarding times.

I haven't boarded in Miami in over 20 years, I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and there shouldn't be a problem with other folks adding their opinion even if you meant that comment for me. Always good to get second opinions

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

. Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry, dirty uncleared tables etc.

That is the windjammer on every ship. It his horrible. On port days we eat at any restaurant in the town, I never understood the people who rush back on board to eat WJ then get back off.

On Seas we will eat in MDR or Speciality Restaurants if they are open.

We loved the Navigator took it in 2014 and 2015 and have it booked for 2017. But WJ on all ships is just bad.

As I was saying...

Got a brochure on Crystal yesterday. Seems nice, maybe the OP should consider them. 14 day British Isles in Aug 2017 for $5,500 pp

Have Crystal booked for January I will be giving a full comparison but now I am really hoping to find shoes.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

1. Yes, you have always said that status has its place.... and your opinion of that place is well known.

2. You have not responded to posts that were not directed at you?

3. I have been on Serenade. Thanks for asking.

We loved the Navigator took it in 2014 and 2015 and have it booked for 2017. But WJ on all ships is just bad.

That is the windjammer on every ship. It his horrible. On port days we eat at any restaurant in the town, I never understood the people who rush back on board to eat WJ then get back off.

On Seas we will eat in MDR or Speciality Restaurants if they are open.

As I was saying...

I don't know why so much dissing of the Windjammer. We have had many positive experiences in there. I guess it is good that there are choices. Hopefully, everyone finds a suitable one that makes their cruise enjoyable.

I don't know why so much dissing of the Windjammer. We have had many positive experiences in there. I guess it is good that there are choices. Hopefully, everyone finds a suitable one that makes their cruise enjoyable.

The choices are always the same, there is always mystery fish, a chicken in some random sauce, pork in some random sauce and pasta in some random sauce. The food is bland and the desserts are awful.

This all plays second fiddle to the fact that I have seen people sneeze right in front of the buffet, drop the tongs and put it back, refill their empty water bottles. Also seen people not wash their hands or sanitize and reusing the same plate with the crew letting it slide.

I hate buffets in general because of the cleanliness concerns, our country club has one every Sunday and we rarely go but when we do it is at least palatable and they make 100 times more effort to make it clean. The staff serves you, waiters get the drinks etc.

They should have just a complaining website so the constant whiners can complain to themselves instead of frightening future cruisers into thinking what they say is accurate for everyone who was on that same ship, or, who will be going on that ship.

I don't really give a rats pitunia about your experience that your trying to pass along as the way it will be for everyone.

Everyone will always have a different opinion, experience, complaint, and compliment based on their personality and expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple of things:

Do you also think there should be a web site where people who have such a wonderful time they rave on and on should post their comments so not everyone will board the ship thinking everything will be fantastic?

If you don't "give a rats petunia" about the experiences of others...why in Hades are you wasting your time reading and posting in a thread about a bad experience?

Don't have time to read through all the messages, but I will put my 2 cents in any way. With all of the cruises I have done, my sailing on Navigator is still the WORST I ever had. For us, it wasn't the ship but rather the overall customer service. No complaints like that on any of the other ships that we have sailed on.

I haven't boarded in Miami in over 20 years, I'm looking forward to it.

Not much different than any other port - not much has changed in 20 years (the new tunnel is convenient). BTW, it's nice when a ship uses terminal G and is turned facing to the sea - the aft gatherings overlooking Miami are fairly nice - lucked into that both on Empress last week and Infinity two years ago. Hope to it happens again next month on Navigator.

For those of you worried about the embarkation fiasco some have encountered, I learned something very useful from other threads about that very topic in this forum. It was suggested people check out CruiseTT, then click on Ports. You can look up your specific embarkation day and see how many ships will be the Miami port with you.

If it's 6, you run the risk of Navi having the makeshift Tent terminal. So far, everyone who complained about the Tent/line situation on the Navig, were embarking on a day there were 6 ships in port (at least, from the ones I've seen and checked their sailing date.)

I can confirm that for the 11/27/2016 sailing.

After sailing with Royal for 49 cruises (3 on the navigator) This cruise 11/27/16, our 50th was by far the worst.

We did a b2b the second half (12/4/16) was better but not really good.

We are on it again 12/23/16. Hoping they make some serious staff changes. They had a crew come in and get the Empress up to standards. This ship needs that crew bad.

Edited by rt1092

Lol- I saw their comment about the dining room menu not changing... makes me think of my in-laws... on their last NCL they said the menu was the same every night, and it only had 3 entrees. They didn't realize that they were only looking at HALF the menu... they only looked at the side that had the standard favorites ;). They didn't realize that there was an entire other side to the menu!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The choices are always the same, there is always mystery fish, a chicken in some random sauce, pork in some random sauce and pasta in some random sauce. The food is bland and the desserts are awful.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so we'll have to agree to disagree.

This all plays second fiddle to the fact that I have seen people sneeze right in front of the buffet, drop the tongs and put it back, refill their empty water bottles. Also seen people not wash their hands or sanitize and reusing the same plate with the crew letting it slide.

I've never seen anyone sneeze on the buffet or drop the tongues and then put them back but I admit I don't have time to watch who is washing their hands and who is not.

I hate buffets in general because of the cleanliness concerns, our country club has one every Sunday and we rarely go but when we do it is at least palatable and they make 100 times more effort to make it clean. The staff serves you, waiters get the drinks etc.

Our experience other than servers at every station is completely opposite of your description on any cruise line we've been on.

:eek:

Not much different than any other port - not much has changed in 20 years (the new tunnel is convenient). BTW, it's nice when a ship uses terminal G and is turned facing to the sea - the aft gatherings overlooking Miami are fairly nice - lucked into that both on Empress last week and Infinity two years ago. Hope to it happens again next month on Navigator.

Navigator was at G, pointed out when I dropped Laura off Friday. Enchantment was at F. Oh, and I read that the LA just quit that morning.

Forgot to add that I took the tunnel into the port, very nice except you have to drive past all the other ships. Just for grins I took the bridge back. Big mistake, horrible traffic. :(

Edited by John&LaLa
Tunnel story

No.

We have cruised on Navigator for six cruises. The first five were consecutive during the summer and the sixth was the cruise after your cruise.

First five were fine, no particular problems I can remember. DH did not like some of the food, but that can happen when you eat the same menu for several weeks in a row.

Cruise six just seemed to be off. The ship didn't seem to be as dirty as the OP described, but there were dishes left, or the one that puzzles me, picking up a couple of dishes and a glass but leaving another dish and glass on the obviously empty table. Tables not cleaned off, a general look of unhappy employees, some off in a corner talking, especially in Windjammer.

In some bar areas the feeling we saw was that if they didn't make eye contact they wouldn't have to take your order. DH eliminates that by giving an extra dollar per drink tip every time. It never takes long to get the bar staff to recognize that, no matter what ship we are on.

I wondered if there were a lot of staff getting off after our cruise, so they were just worn down. Our cabin attendant left the ship in Boston and we had another for the remainder.

So now I'm wondering, did all the kids and the OP and some others that were unhappy just break Navigator? And they were trying to recover during our cruise? :D

Forgot to add that I took the tunnel into the port, very nice except you have to drive past all the other ships. Just for grins I took the bridge back. Big mistake, horrible traffic. :(

Yeah, the tunnel back and then onto 95 is nice. Will be doing it again in 3 weeks.