Well now I'm annoyed...

goodml

Sailing on Navigator in three weeks with two other couples in three cabins. I booked all the reservations and the bookings are showing as linked. We like my time dining but with six in the party we usually like to make reservations in advance which I did back in September while I was talking to a C&A rep about something else. I have a confirmation email. I've also reviewed the reservations on my cruise planner once or twice before. Today I logged in and decided to look at the details on my order history. I noticed that even though all the my time reservations are showing on my cruise planner, my husband and I are no longer on the reservation-only the other four people. I called C&A and asked the young lady to check on them and she confirmed that we are not reserved and said that they are no longer able to accommodate a table for six unless it's very early or very late. She said we'd just have to arrive at the dining room with our friends each night and hope there's not too much of a delay to be seated. Now I realize this is a first world problem and I am a very low key cruiser but hey, I did my part on this one. What the heck?

So I said, I'm sorry but I don't accept that. I just don't want it to be a big deal every day. I have the email blah, blah, blah. Could I please escalate this issue. I was put through to a nice man who says he can see exactly what went wrong. For some reason prepaid gratuities had popped up on my reservation, not the others, just after final payment. I called down when I noticed and the C&A rep said oh yes, I can see they were added, this used to be required with my time but not for a while now. No problem I'll take them off. This fellow tells me that to do that, she had to take us off my time, switch us to main, remove grats and move us back to my time. Problem is she never put us back and now it's unavailable, even though my reservation says I have my time. He has emailed dining and says he will call me back but it could be two days or two weeks from now. So as of now our friends will have a lovely table for four and we will dine sometime. I'm annoyed with their wonky systems/operator issues.:(

Sailing on Navigator in three weeks with two other couples in three cabins. I booked all the reservations and the bookings are showing as linked. We like my time dining but with six in the party we usually like to make reservations in advance which I did back in September while I was talking to a C&A rep about something else. I have a confirmation email. I've also reviewed the reservations on my cruise planner once or twice before. Today I logged in and decided to look at the details on my order history. I noticed that even though all the my time reservations are showing on my cruise planner, my husband and I are no longer on the reservation-only the other four people. I called C&A and asked the young lady to check on them and she confirmed that we are not reserved and said that they are no longer able to accommodate a table for six unless it's very early or very late. She said we'd just have to arrive at the dining room with our friends each night and hope there's not too much of a delay to be seated. Now I realize this is a first world problem and I am a very low key cruiser but hey, I did my part on this one. What the heck?

So I said, I'm sorry but I don't accept that. I just don't want it to be a big deal every day. I have the email blah, blah, blah. Could I please escalate this issue. I was put through to a nice man who says he can see exactly what went wrong. For some reason prepaid gratuities had popped up on my reservation, not the others, just after final payment. I called down when I noticed and the C&A rep said oh yes, I can see they were added, this used to be required with my time but not for a while now. No problem I'll take them off. This fellow tells me that to do that, she had to take us off my time, switch us to main, remove grats and move us back to my time. Problem is she never put us back and now it's unavailable, even though my reservation says I have my time. He has emailed dining and says he will call me back but it could be two days or two weeks from now. So as of now our friends will have a lovely table for four and we will dine sometime. I'm annoyed with their wonky systems/operator issues.:(

I'd be PO also. If it were me and I wasn't happy with the call back from Royal, I would go directly to the MTD desk when I first boarded the ship with all my dining confirmation paper work and ask to be seated with the friends. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and well sometimes not! Possibly (hopefully) Royal will work it all out before you leave for your Cruise. I've also had excellent experiences using rcldining@rccl.com but only for Traditional Dining issues. Either way, it's worth the effort. Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

While you wait for them to do nothing, you can write a short request to rcldining@rccl.com and ask for a table for 6. That is usually only for traditional dining but what do you have to lose.

Yep...rcldining has been very good to me with some requests... much better than calling customer service...go to the source

Ok email sent. Will update when I hear from them. Silly of me not to think of that really. I used that exact email because I booked chef's table on brilliance as a gift for my son and his wife for their upcoming cruise and I wanted to give some advance notice that he has a severe allergy to salmon. Obviously he needs to proactively reiterate that to the staff on board but they were quite accommodating and said that they have notified the chef's team on the ship. Anyway, we'll see what happens with this request. Thanks again for the reminder.

I'd be PO also. If it were me and I wasn't happy with the call back from Royal, I would go directly to the MTD desk when I first boarded the ship with all my dining confirmation paper work and ask to be seated with the friends. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and well sometimes not! Possibly (hopefully) Royal will work it all out before you leave for your Cruise. I've also had excellent experiences using rcldining@rccl.com but only for Traditional Dining issues. Either way, it's worth the effort. Enjoy your Cruise.

Thank you. I'll definitely go to the desk on board if I need to. It's just that I'm one of those 'set it and forget it' kind of gals :D. Just like to have my plans in place and then kick back and let it all happen. Hate starting off feeling annoyed.

Thank you. I'll definitely go to the desk on board if I need to. It's just that I'm one of those 'set it and forget it' kind of gals :D. Just like to have my plans in place and then kick back and let it all happen. Hate starting off feeling annoyed.

Totally agree and feel your pain and no way to start out a Cruise. I also like all my ducks in a row. I'm a Type A personality!

In theory, the fair way to do it would be to give you back the table for 6, since you correctly made the reservation and they made the mistake, and tell whoever got the last table for 6 that they are out of luck. It wouldn't be fair to that last group either since they also did nothing wrong, but at least the earliest people to reserve a table for 6 would be the ones that got it.

But in reality, if they did that they'd have 2 groups mad at them, not 1, so they would much rather just stick it to you and keep the later reservation group happy.

That said, I'm guessing in the end they'll find some way to accommodate your group.

Go right to the dining room when you board and ask the maitre'd for help. We had a similar issue one cruise and he was able to fix it right away. Good luck, I know it is so frustrating to have this happen last minute but I hope it gets fixed for you. Also, I would keep calling customer service. It is odd but funny how one person will tell you it can't be done and the next person will get it done for you.

Go right to the dining room when you board and ask the maitre'd for help. We had a similar issue one cruise and he was able to fix it right away. Good luck, I know it is so frustrating to have this happen last minute but I hope it gets fixed for you. Also, I would keep calling customer service. It is odd but funny how one person will tell you it can't be done and the next person will get it done for you.

Very true. Thanks for the support.

In theory, the fair way to do it would be to give you back the table for 6, since you correctly made the reservation and they made the mistake, and tell whoever got the last table for 6 that they are out of luck. It wouldn't be fair to that last group either since they also did nothing wrong, but at least the earliest people to reserve a table for 6 would be the ones that got it.

But in reality, if they did that they'd have 2 groups mad at them, not 1, so they would much rather just stick it to you and keep the later reservation group happy.

That said, I'm guessing in the end they'll find some way to accommodate your group.

Very true. I know we won't starve :D. Keeping my fingers crossed for a resolution ahead of time.

Last cruise I was able to book our MTD times for ourselves and daughter but couldn't get our friends added, so that evening we all arrived together and I told the head waiter there were 7 now instead of 3, he accommodated us and got us seated in less then 10 minutes. I agree, all of you arrive together and talk to the head waiter/maitre'd.

You could just show up, all six of you with a big smile on your face, hand them a copy of your paperwork that shows a table for 6 and play dumb.

I'm sure you will be accommodated as you know nothing and have proof in your hand. ;)

Have a great cruise :)

Thank you. That's plan C :D

If there is anyone within RCCL that can help you, this is your best bet. Send her a detailed email explaining your problem and good luck.

Guest Relations & Shared Services Director

Laly Rodriguez

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

The email address rcldining@rccl.com goes to the Food and Beverage Department. They are incredibly helpful on dining room issues. They are right now probably setting up most of the dining assignments on your sailing. I would suggest that you call Royal and ask to speak with someone in the Food and Beverage Department directly to expedite your situation.

Over my last 10 cruises (at least) this department has been incredibly helpful with 'any' dining room issue.

So I have an update and I actually couldn't be more pleased. A lovely young lady named Diana from the food and beverage department in Miami just called me. She said that they monitor these boards closely and they saw my post yesterday and really wanted to help me. They were able to match my post to my very similarly worded email to rcldining which had our booking numbers and my contact info. Long story short all is taken care of and I have an email confirmation.

Diana from RCCL (or an associate) if you're still reading, from the email it looks like day 7 and day 9 still need adjustment. Many thanks once again for your quick response.:)

So I have an update and I actually couldn't be more pleased. A lovely young lady named Diana from the food and beverage department in Miami just called me. She said that they monitor these boards closely and they saw my post yesterday and really wanted to help me. They were able to match my post to my very similarly worded email to rcldining which had our booking numbers and my contact info. Long story short all is taken care of and I have an email confirmation.

Wow, what a tremendous outcome! I am impressed.

Diana from RCCL (or an associate) if you're still reading, from the email it looks like day 7 and day 9 still need adjustment. Many thanks once again for your quick response.:)

Wonderful, glad it all worked out for you.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk