LIVE - Regal Princess 11/20/16

CRLess

Can you report, please, on this topic:

Are there still cheese baskets with the Fettuccine Alfredo?

;)

I can tell you.. there are. Parmesan Basket filled with the Fettuccine Alfredo. My wife's favorite dish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for posting Chris!

When booking the sanctuary, did you go up there right away after boarding?

We love the Sanctuary and I know it can get sold out.

Following with great interest as we board next! Have a great cruise:D

susan

We have the same question about the Sanctuary...Thanks so much and enjoy!

;)

I was on the last cruise. We had the basket at the embankment lunch in the dining room but it was not on the menu the rest of the cruise. It would be great if they added it back to the always available menu.

I don’t want to jinx us, but the weather so far has been nothing short of spectacular….not a cloud in the sky today for our visit to Princess Cays. After our usual routine of an exercise walk (2 miles) and breakfast, we grabbed a tender over to Princess Cays. Our mission this time was to taste some items from the food trucks. The food trucks are stationed on the right side of the bridge in the harbor. This also happens to be the least crowded side of Princess Cays. When we were here earlier this spring on the Emerald, the food trucks sat vacant. Today the food truck gods smiled upon us…we enjoyed the wraps, jerk chicken, and the tacos. While we were noshing at the stand-up tables by the food trucks, we had a great conversation with one of the locals. She told us that the island was mostly spared from Hurricane Matthew last month. She described it as “gale force winds mahn…”

We spent a few hours ashore and then headed back to the ship to enjoy some quiet time by the Retreat Pool (including a requisite nap!).

Tonight’s entertainment is “Award Winning Comedian and Improvisor” Doug Funk, Cult Classic: The Majority Rules and Passenger Feud, Monday Night Football on MUTS….oh, and for “only” $2 per ticket, I could win the Paradise Lotto with a jackpot prize of $200,542.

A few random thoughts for the day….Holland America’s private island Half Moon Cay is within “virtual spittin’ distance” from Princess Cays…I thought it unusual that they had not one, but two ships there today. I would imagine it was a tad crowded over there.

The staff, especially our room steward (stewart!) Richie, have been excellent!

The buffet variety and choices continue to amaze us

When on Princess Cays, be forewarned that the Bahamian Government is now imposing a VAT of 7.5% on all purchases…so if you have the AIBP, your account will be charged this tax

There is a couple down the hall from us that is getting married on this cruise…I would suggest counseling. Several times i have walked past their door and have heard screaming matches. All I can say is “WOW” and hope they get it all figured out.

Tonight in the dining room was Italian. Highlights on the menu were the veal scaloppini, pot roast and a grilled mahi served in a tomato based sauce. We attended the Doug Frank show, but left half way through unimpressed.

I will post answers to questions as direct responses to each poster…..

Tomorrow is a sea day, with all day in the Sanctuary. I am also attending the Super Tuscan wine tasting at 11:30 AM and will give a detailed report on that event.

Thanks for posting Chris!

When booking the sanctuary, did you go up there right away after boarding?

We love the Sanctuary and I know it can get sold out.

Following with great interest as we board next! Have a great cruise:D

susan

We are both elite, so we were among the first group to board. We dropped off our carry-ons in the room and went straight up to the Sanctuary to secure our chairs. We were second in line and were able to book full days for both sea days and Grand Cayman day.

;)

I had alfredo as an appetizer tonight and it came in a bowl. My inside source tells me that the cheese basket is being eliminated, but it varies by ship as to when it will be gone.

We are both elite, so we were among the first group to board. We dropped off our carry-ons in the room and went straight up to the Sanctuary to secure our chairs. We were second in line and were able to book full days for both sea days and Grand Cayman day.

Hopefully there aren't too many B2B and the Sanctuary god smiles down on us for next week!

Glad to hear you had another spectacular day. It was that way in Miami as well.

And let me know about the wine tasting. We may have to book that as well!

Edited by cjskids

Could you please let me know about the "gifts" you get with this tour? I would like to do it when I go on the Regal in January and I have heard different stories on what they give you. It is a chef's coat or an apron? Is it a big, thick, plush robe or the waffle robe? Thank you!

I will report in on that when we take the tour...it is scheduled for Saturday, the last sea day, so depending on how many minutes I have left, it may not be reported until we get home on Sunday.

Hi Chris-

Happy Cruise Day to you! Happy Cruise Day to you!

Thank you for your continued posting. Currently, hanging on your every word. We will be on the Regal for a lap around the Baltic in June (can you and Brenda join us?). I have been on the Royal 4 times, but never the Regal... I would love to know if there are any stand-out differences.

Love and hugs to Brenda!

TL

PS- thank you for the "human interest" portion of your last update.. ;). Some folks need to get it together.:eek:

Hi Traci.. good to see you again. Dawn and I sail out on the Regal the 4th for our first B2B..we have the room right next door to the OS we had last year!

Only difference I know of on the ship versus the Royal' date=' which you probably already know about is the little dipping pool at the Aft. Other than that I think they are mirror images!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Chris-

Happy Cruise Day to you! Happy Cruise Day to you!

Thank you for your continued posting. Currently, hanging on your every word. We will be on the Regal for a lap around the Baltic in June (can you and Brenda join us?). I have been on the Royal 4 times, but never the Regal... I would love to know if there are any stand-out differences.

Love and hugs to Brenda!

TL

PS- thank you for the "human interest" portion of your last update.. ;). Some folks need to get it together.:eek:

Hi "Cuz"....watched a Love Boat episode....just for you today!

Good evening from the Regal Princess. Today was our first sea day and again our weather was awesome. We spent most of our day up in the Sanctuary as we made our way South of the Eastern tip of Cuba…as I type this we are currently just South of Guantanamo Bay as we head West toward Montego Bay.

Late this morning, I attended the Super Tuscan wine tasting. For $40, we were served a welcome Proseco, followed by 5 Super Tuscan Wines paired with “tapas” style appetizers. It’s a great event and in my opinion worth the price.

Tonight is the first formal night with the Captain’s Champagne Waterfall in the Piazza. Shows tonight include Bravo in the Princess Theater, The Liar’s Club in Princess Live and later tonight Classic and Pop Hits with Xcite in the Piazza.

That’s all for today…tomorrow begins three port days in a row starting with Montego Bay

Good evening from the Regal Princess. Today was our first sea day and again our weather was awesome. We spent most of our day up in the Sanctuary as we made our way South of the Eastern tip of Cuba…as I type this we are currently just South of Guantanamo Bay as we head West toward Montego Bay.

Late this morning, I attended the Super Tuscan wine tasting. For $40, we were served a welcome Proseco, followed by 5 Super Tuscan Wines paired with “tapas” style appetizers. It’s a great event and in my opinion worth the price.

Tonight is the first formal night with the Captain’s Champagne Waterfall in the Piazza. Shows tonight include Bravo in the Princess Theater, The Liar’s Club in Princess Live and later tonight Classic and Pop Hits with Xcite in the Piazza.

That’s all for today…tomorrow begins three port days in a row starting with Montego Bay

Glad to hear that the Tuscan Wine class was worth it. I'll be sure to sign up for it next week.

Enjoy Montego Bay!

When on Princess Cays, be forewarned that the Bahamian Government is now imposing a VAT of 7.5% on all purchases…so if you have the AIBP, your account will be charged this tax

so you are saying for every single drink you get on your package, they are going to charge you an extra 7.5%? That is nuts! Never heard of that before. I know it is not that way on Royal's private island CocoCay, wonder why it is that way on Princess Cays? Oh well, it is what it is. We have plenty of OBC to use so if we get charged the VAT tax really is not going to affect anything

Cannot wait to go, so ready! got a couple bags already packed. We are on the cruise the 4th!

Edited by karena1

Hi Traci.. good to see you again. Dawn and I sail out on the Regal the 4th for our first B2B..we have the room right next door to the OS we had last year!

Only difference I know of on the ship versus the Royal, which you probably already know about is the little dipping pool at the Aft. Other than that I think they are mirror images!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Jeff!

We will be going through the Baltic- I hardly think we will be dipping in any pool!:o.

We are currently in an M1- but will certainly take the upsell to a suite if offered. There are 21 available right now- our odds are not terrible...

Will you "live from" your cruise?

PS- Sorry for the hijack, Chris- you know I have probably got my gab on. :)