LIVE - Regal Princess 11/20/16

CRLess

Chris (and Brenda) I just wanted to wish you a fine passage despite the fact that you are not photographing every sausage and lifebouy that comes your way.

Perfect weather sounds good as do food trucks on Princess Cays as I wasn't impressed by my first on-shore BBQ there on the Ruby.

Keep the report coming so I can have something excellent to read during these long winter evenings until my next cruise. Just checked Shipmate-54 more days to go! I think that calls for a drink...

Have fun!

Norris

Good morning from offshore of Montego Bay. This morning I woke up to watch the ship pull into the harbor and watched us maneuver around for a while, then we turned around and pulled out. The Captain just came on the PA to sadly inform us that the winds were far to strong to safely dock....so, the Regal Princess' first port call to Mo Bay has been cancelled. I am only disappointed that I will not be able to go to Scotchies and get some authentic jerk chicken. Otherwise, I am not upset about missing Jamaica.

New patters due out shortly....

I went upstairs to walk, and it is virtually impossible with the wind blowing like it is. I guess I will get me exercise some other way this morning.

Oh yea, let me know if you find Jonathan who is one of the best bartenders around. He plays a ukulele and I'm so hoping he's back on the Regal. We've always loved our sailings with him.

Best bartenders on the regal princess are Ron & Jovi in Crooner's Bar

I was on the repositioning cruise NY to Fort Lauderdale Oct 27,2016

Ron & Jovi2 were great, worked really hard especially at Happy Hour 2-4 everyday in Crooners Bar

I heard from missed port from my family. They were so upset. Had Dunns fall and dolphins planned...

We missed Jamaica on our first cruise there (booked for this port) on Ruby as ship could not dock in Ocho Rios.

Our only missed port so far.

Have a great rest of this cruise.

Best bartenders on the regal princess are Ron & Jovi in Crooner's Bar

I was on the repositioning cruise NY to Fort Lauderdale Oct 27,2016

Ron & Jovi2 were great, worked really hard especially at Happy Hour 2-4 everyday in Crooners Bar

"RonJovi" Being an 80s girl I won't forget that! LOL

Good afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving from Georgetown Grand Cayman.

Yesterday was such a lazy day, I never got back on the computer, so let me catch you up on what was happening on the Regal Princess. After our port stop in Montego Bay was canceled, the cruise staff scrambled to put out a new patter complete with new activities to keep us all busy on our unexpected sea day. The captain pointed the ship down sea to make the ride as comfortable as possible. As George Costanza once said “The seas were angry that day my friend, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli”. As rough as the seas were, it was hardly noticeable here on the ship.

Last night, 12 of our group attended the Winemaker’s Dinner in the Symphony Dining Room Wine Cellar. We were celebrating one of the couple’s 50th anniversary. This was our 3rd time attending Winemakers and the service and food were outstanding as usual. At $40 a person, I find this to be a much better value than the Chef’s Table, although they are two very different experiences. We were all in a food coma after dinner to we skipped any activities after dinner and all retired for the evening.

Activities last night included 2016 Entertainer of the Year Nominee The Exceptional Music and Comedy of John Bressler, The Yes/No Game Show, Are You Smarter than the Cruise Staff, and the Deck Party Under the Stars up on deck.

Today our plan is to head up and spend the day in the Sanctuary with no plans to go ashore. Skies are a bit overcast today, and there are three other ships here with us, a Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Carnival Paradise and the Carnival Dream. Tonight, is formal night and a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner will be served and the Piazza is all decorated with a Thanksgiving theme. Entertainment tonight is the production show Fiera and the Marriage Match Game show.

That’s all for now. Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoying every post!

Please let me know if you see any signs of Christmas decorating. I know they will most likely have decorators board on Sunday I was just wondering if after the last bit of cranberry sauce is gone tonight they start doing some decorating. Interesting, wonder if they serve the turkey dinner again Saturday for Landfall night.

Just playing a little catch up with my posts….Yesterday, we spent the early afternoon in the Sanctuary reading our books, but had plans to meet our friends at the Outrigger Bar to play Cards Against Humanity. For those of you not familiar, it is easily the most irreverent card game you could ever play, yet potentially the funniest game you will ever play. We have played it many times, and had a few first-timers join us. We had a blast with a ton of laughs, including laughs from several passers-by as well as eavesdroppers from tables nearby.

Neither of us were up for the task of dressing in formal togs for Thanksgiving, so we opted to do the buffet….and we were glad we did. Back home, we would be wearing shorts for Thanksgiving dinner, and tonight we did just that…food and variety was outstanding (including pumpkin spiced gnocchi)! After dinner, we retreated to our room with a bottle of wine, and played several games of Sequence.

Today we had a private sailing/snorkel/do whatever you want tour with Cozumel Sailing. There were 12 of us on the catamaran, and had a fantastic time. We fished for a few hours, had cocktails for all hours, snorkeled on a reef, and had a fantastic lunch of skirt steak, chicken wings and fish in a cream sauce. We ended the tour with Spinnaker rides for those daring enough to do it.

Tomorrow, our final day at sea, Brenda and I have the Ultimate Ship’s Tour @ 8 AM, followed by the rest of the day in the Sanctuary. The Ship’s Tour is something that we have always wanted to do, so we can scratch that off our bucket list after tomorrow. After that…it’s the dreaded packing to head home. We have been assigned an early disembarkation of 7:30 AM, and if all goes well, should be picking up Bailey Boy (our Springer Spaniel) by 9 AM.

I will add some more thoughts tomorrow, and a final review when we get home on Sunday. Thanks for following along so far…

Just playing a little catch up with my posts….Yesterday, we spent the early afternoon in the Sanctuary reading our books, but had plans to meet our friends at the Outrigger Bar to play Cards Against Humanity. For those of you not familiar, it is easily the most irreverent card game you could ever play, yet potentially the funniest game you will ever play. We have played it many times, and had a few first-timers join us. We had a blast with a ton of laughs, including laughs from several passers-by as well as eavesdroppers from tables nearby.

That is one of my favorite games and we play it all the time with friends. It can be so very funny or so very bad!!

Tomorrow, our final day at sea, Brenda and I have the Ultimate Ship’s Tour @ 8 AM, followed by the rest of the day in the Sanctuary. The Ship’s Tour is something that we have always wanted to do, so we can scratch that off our bucket list after tomorrow. After that…it’s the dreaded packing to head home. We have been assigned an early disembarkation of 7:30 AM, and if all goes well, should be picking up Bailey Boy (our Springer Spaniel) by 9 AM.

I will add some more thoughts tomorrow, and a final review when we get home on Sunday. Thanks for following along so far…

Enjoy the tour!

Guess we won't get to see you Sunday while we are waiting on line to board.

Enjoy your last 2 nights!

I am on the Oasis of the Seas and saw the Regal parked nearby in Cozumel. Boy did I miss the buffet on the Regal, absolutely no comparison!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, How do the buffets compare?

Quality?

Variety?

Lines?

Seating?

Will be on the Regal 12/4/16

Edited by Kingofcool1947

HI there CRLess!

Quick question on the Sanctuary - can you let me know the pricing per person please? I've just read a report that Sanctuary was $80 pp per day and $40 for half day? Frankly, I was quite surprised.. So thought I'd ask, see if you could she'd some light for us... Thank you!

I was on the last cruise to Canada in late October, and for a point of reference , I have cruised 25 times.

The buffet was as good as it gets, in variety, quality and taste.

of course it does get crowded, but we ate dinner there 4 of 5 nights, the other night in the Italian restaurant.

Dinner was not crowded, breakfast the ,most crowded and of course embarkation day at lunch crowded.

Food like poached salmon, I have never seen at a buffet,variety of shrimp , and always some freshly made sliced beef or turkey etc

I was on the last cruise. We had the basket at the embankment lunch in the dining room but it was not on the menu the rest of the cruise. It would be great if they added it back to the always available menu.

It seems to vary by ship. The Fettuccine Alfredo was "always available" on the Crown in Oct./Nov., but no cheese basket.