[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

We had entertainment when we took this excursion in 2004. A group of 4 singers visited each car. We also had a hostess, serving beverages.

The next time we were in St. Kitts, we took a tour with Thenford Grey. It was excellent; I still recommend it to everyone. I especially loved the views from Brimstone Hill Fortress. Now we shop at the port (not there are first couple of visits) and have a drink at an outdoor bar that's in the port area.

Thanks so much for sharing all this. My friends and I will be enjoying the same ship and itinerary beginning Dec. 23 through Christmas and the New Year's celebration.

Seeing your photos and reading your posts have me excited about my upcoming cruise.

Hello Giggleshanks

I see you will be staying in cabin 3056 on Serenade which will also be my cabin when I'm on the Serenade year.

Can you post a picture and let me know how the cabin location is and how accessible it is to elevators., etc.

Thanks and Bon Voyage

Collette

I'm not sure how I missed this until today. It's almost like RCI knew it and made me see your review. Just off the Harmony and looking for another cruise. Looked at this 10 night but it's expensive at the time we can go compared to the 9 night Navigator or 8 night Freedom. Though looking at your pictures I want to go back on this 10 night (we did this same cruise last March)

I do like the Park Cafe and low passenger count. :)

Thanks for posting have a great rest of the cruise.

A little late to the party, but subscribing nonetheless. We just returned last Sunday from an 8 nighter on Freedom, got home last nite after spending an additional day in Ft. Lauderdale, spent today getting laundry, groceries, and re-acquainted with the puppy.

Will have to look into booking the Hilton next time. We stayed at the Best Western Airport south pre-cruise, & and the HI Express on 17th post-cruise. Wasn't too impressed with either one.

All caught up with the live report, looking forward to the remaining reports. Keep up the good work Trainman. Happy cruising to you two and your friends too.

I did a quick check on Amazon and I am pretty sure that this is it. I particularly like the heavy duty plastic fold down seat which also locks the two sides in position. It also folds up flat easily. I have mine adjusted so that it is as high as possible.

Mine is older and has 6" wheels which are available separately. The larger the wheels the easier it is to roll.

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Medical-Deluxe-Rollator-Casters/dp/B002VWJYRA/ref=sr_1_19_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481015504&sr=8-19&keywords=drive%2Brollators&th=1

Thank you for the info. I am enjoying all your posts and pics.

Theresa

psupa

I am sorry but I was wrong. Here is a link to the Rollator that I have on Amazon but it is listed as out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Invacare-Adult-Rollite-Wheeled-Rollator/dp/B003JNQTCI/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481046331&sr=8-12&keywords=Invacare+Rollator

Check local supplier and also thrift stores like Goodwill for availability.

Key features:

- Largest wheels you can get

- Easy to fold up

- Flattens out for storage.

Thank you

Theresa

It seems like there are light morning showers every morning around every island where we make a port call but they are quickly "burned off" as the sun comes up.

We have no plans for today in Roseau but will go ashore later this morning to shop in the terminal area.

Really enjoying your Live report! Looks like you and Judith are having a great cruise!

How can be it day 5 already???

Looking forward to the second half of the cruise! Enjoy! ☀️[emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We enjoyed Dominica because it was so natural and unspoiled. We arranged a tour with a taxi and had one of the best times learning so much about the island, seeing waterfalls, rain forest, sulphuric springs, etc. enjoy your day there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like you docked at the alternate terminal (freighter docks). We did that on

our 11 night on Legend two years ago (before Serenade took over the route), but

last year on Serenade 10 night...we were surprised to have docked in town at the

other dock.

Did the culinary tour and rain forest tour in Dominica last year. Fabulous! Would

do it again!

Looks like great weather there...enjoy!! :D

We had a nice breakfast in the open air dining area at the rear of the Windjammer.

Judith

DSCN0471_zpsuanhp4xr.jpg

Me

DSCN0472_zpsrnwnippn.jpg

omg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gif

Salt & Pepper shakers are being phased out of the Windjammer!

They are being replaced by individual packets in the little "condiments box".

DSCN0474_zpsjhsb2sjq.jpg

We had a nice breakfast in the open air dining area at the rear of the Windjammer.

Judith

DSCN0471_zpsuanhp4xr.jpg

Me

DSCN0472_zpsrnwnippn.jpg

omg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gif

Salt & Pepper shakers are being phased out of the Windjammer!

They are being replaced by individual packets in the little "condiments box".

DSCN0474_zpsjhsb2sjq.jpg

Wow.... we were on the preceding cruise and there was salt/pepper shakers on our tables in WJ with Grinders in MDR? So they made this change during your cruise or after we departed?

The little packets are in place on all of the tables in the Windjammer but only some have the shakers.

The rumor is that they are being stolen by the passengers or simply wear out and they are not being replaced.

Are you sitting outside on the back deck off the WJ? I would wonder what is going on?? We never ate on the back and probably on ate in WJ 4 times our entire trip, but always at a different table and I use pepper (no salt). Always had shakers. Some things are not always on our table and I just went and found it....

Those little bags are no fun...

I don't mind that the salt and pepper shakers are being eliminated -- I've seen more than one kid with its tongue all over the top of a salt shaker! :eek:

So...those tiny bags may be awkward, but... (don't open one if it's wet!) :D

Edited by joand452

I would imagine that using packets instead of shakers reduces chance of spreading norovirus. We usually sail on Princess and that's always the first clue to us that someone has reported in sick. Ships are so careful with their preventive measures. Luckily, we have never had problems.

Is it weird not having Booty under your table to share breakfast with? :)

I'm really enjoying your trip photos! icon14.gif

I don't mind that the salt and pepper shakers are being eliminated -- I've seen more than one kid with its tongue all over the top of a salt shaker! :eek:

So...those tiny bags may be awkward, but... (don't open one if it's wet!) :D

Never much thought about this.... never gotten sick on a cruise... but I suppose their is a first time... we make sure we practice good hygiene but I guess we can't control others... so food for thought.