If I have no beverage package on celebrity cruise?

peach_cruise

If I have no beverage package on celebrity cruise.

In main dining restaurant I will have water? or it will be has any fee.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you ask for bottled water the water in the MDR is tap water that your wait staff pours for you. No charge and drink all you want.

And i am sure you can purchase a one off drink with dinner on the odd occasion you want something different to water.

I myself don't buy beverage packages, because even factoring in one cocktail a day and two nights of a few cocktails, i spend less without a beverage package.

Remember you can also take two bottles of wine on board with you. If you open one and have a couple of glasses they will keep it until the next day and return it to your table.

There was a $20 corkage fee, however...I don't know if there still is, perhaps someone can clarify.

You'll be fine. I had a beverage package on my last cruise and have one on my next but prior to these I managed quite well without one.

I don't drink so it is no issue for me. Coffee, water and their lemonade drink works. I can also live without the soda. I've taken bottled water on a ship as well as a 12 pack of diet Pepsi, more for taste than not wanting to buy a Coke.

enjoy

Remember you can also take two bottles of wine on board with you. If you open one and have a couple of glasses they will keep it until the next day and return it to your table.

There was a $20 corkage fee, however...I don't know if there still is, perhaps someone can clarify.

If you have a wine glass from one of the bars you can pour yourself a glass from your own wine back in your cabin and then carry it into the dining room with you. The wait staff will assume that you bought the wine at the bar as you waited for a table (another common technique). Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we did a B2B2B earlier this year. We did the transatlantic for 13 nights out of Ft Lauderdale to England. We had no drink package for the first leg of the trip, the total charge for drinks at the end of the trip was around $95.00. My husband likes diet coke with his dinner and occasionally a glass of wine. I had water, lemonade, ice tea and coffee, so no charges for me. The other legs of the trip we had the drink package and we had what we wanted, but not having the drink package is not a problem and not too expensive. If we had arrived in Ft Lauderdale early enough (our flight was delayed five hours and we arrived after midnight the evening before) we would have gone to the store to get the two bottles of wine and a case of soda, but we didn't have the time and it was a Sunday.

I often order Ice Tea or Ice Water (not bottled) and of course no charge. IMO the water is as good as bottled water as it is produced by filtration and de-salination of sea water.

I also have the Butler provide a Carafe of ice water in my room. I drink a lot of water especially if working out.